Obama Warns GOP About Blocking Gun Bill

Nova78

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2011
Colorado
Obama says he's 'determined as ever' for gun bill | General Headlines | Comcast

With time running out on the chance to pass gun control legislation, President Barack Obama on Monday warned Congress not to use delaying tactics against tighter regulations and told families of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting victims that he's "determined as ever" to honor their children with tougher laws.

Obama's gun control proposals have run into resistance on Capitol Hill, leaving their fate in doubt. Efforts by Senate Democrats to reach compromise with Republicans over expanding required federal background checks have yet to yield an agreement, and conservatives were promising to try blocking the Senate from even beginning debate on gun control legislation.

Bad bad Leroy Brown,baddest ass in the whole dam town............
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=aB_TM5AvJP0]Jim Croce - Bad Bad Leroy Brown (Live) [remastered 16:9] - YouTube[/ame]

USMB has officially been overrun.

kkkonservatives.jpg

Why not vote on it and see where everyone stands?

Obama's first law of gun control legislation: When you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. When you have the law on your side, argue the law. When you have neither, stage a shooting at an elementary school.

obama warns the GOP but it's the democrats worrying about keeping their jobs.

much better to have obama "warn" the gop and look like a badass

btw...i'm sure you have no problem with holding up voting on something you're against....

What are Republicans afraid of?

Afraid to show they support the NRA? Why won't they just vote on it if they feel so strongly? Why hide behind a filibuster?

btw...i'm sure you have no problem with holding up voting on something you're against....

Afraid to show they support the NRA? Why won't they just vote on it if they feel so strongly? Why hide behind a filibuster?

I'd be happy if Obama hid behind his oath of office to uphold and protect the constitution... Oh well, I guess we can just make laws that are unconstitutional, wouldn't be the first time Obama did it or supported it. And you will be right there to defend him as per always.

I'd be happy if Obama hid behind his oath of office to uphold and protect the constitution... Oh well, I guess we can just make laws that are unconstitutional, wouldn't be the first time Obama did it or supported it. And you will be right there to defend him as per always.

If Republicans think the law is unconstitutional then vote against it. Courts can determine the constitutionality of the bill, not internet posters. Why are you afraid to stand up and let your vote on these measures be heard?

Bring it to a vote

Forum List

Back