OBAMA- "We have not created an entitlement state"

Hi RW: yes and no. it is neither the "rich as a class" nor the "poor as a class" who should be blamed for either corporate welfare or social welfare.

the actual "people" who abused the system, rich or poor, should be held responsible.
until these WRONGDOERS individually (not blaming whole parties or putting this on all taxpayers) are held to account to PAY BACK funds THEY abused. otherwise the taxpayers
foot the bill, rich or poor, the innocent on all sides suffer while the guilty hide in the mass crowds of fingers pointing left and right.

It is all a distraction to benefit those who profit while conflicts go unresolved.

The best way to check these abuses is to hold parties accountable for paying for damages caused by their own policies. If voters put someone in office, they should be responsible for either checking against abuses or insuring the costs of their vote; if officials USE or buy the votes of people to get into office, they should be financially responsible for managing those votes they bought under their policies.

So this would give incentive to stick with sustainable viable plans that are in keeping with Constitutional ethics. Both the CORPORATIONS and the INDIVIDUALS should be held to equal Constitutional standards of due process and redressing grievances as the govt.

Currently individuals blame corporations for abusing public funds and bypassing laws,
while others blame individuals for abusing welfare and breaking laws without paying costs.

Both are right, there ARE abuses by both the rich and the poor.
The answer is not competing to blame all one group, but to hold the crooks in ALL such cases responsible for paying back taxpayers what their crimes cost, instead of blaming the wrong people and making taxpayers pay for the crimes and corruption of others riding free.

Entitlement state feeds the myth that Republicans are selling that Americans are lazy, want free stuff, lack a work ethic

Americans are among the hardest workers in the world. What they want is a good job where they can support a family, maybe buy a home, send their kids to college, not worry about getting sick and losing everything

They used to be able to get that on a High School Education and a father working. Unions fought for worker rights. Good pay, vacation time, retirement benefits, healthcare. Republicans have fought for 30 years to erode that. Make workers fear for their jobs. Accept less and work harder

It is business who is entitled

At $2.10 an hour....

I could buy seven gallons of gas. $7.25 will buy you two
I could buy a new economy car on six months work. $7.25 will take you a year
I could pay a years college tuition on three months work. $7.25 will take you a year
I could rent an apartment on less than two weeks pay. $7.25 will take you three weeks pay

How are you supposed to get started if the wage won't even pay for the basic things you need to get started?
You obviously would need more than one job :eusa_whistle:

Which shows that the minimum wage is woefully inadequate

It was never intended to make "VOTING FOR A WELFARE STATE CANDIDATE a job.

Learn a marketable skill . The Bureau Of Labor Statistics provides information about which jobs pay more that the minimum wage. Also you are not a fucking plant so move to wherever the jobs are.

"Read my lips, no new taxes" George H.W. didn't create any new taxes, he didn't even raise existing taxes, only Congress can do that, and H.W, was branded a liar and lost his job because the Democrats falsely accused him, and the 'unwashed peasants', (stupid voters) bought the lie!

Imagine George H.W. vetoing the bill, he would have been accused of shutting down the Government and the same unwashed peasants would have bought that lie too.

To the ignorant masses a lie is easier to believe than the truth, as long as it's delivered more articulately.

Actually..no.

Reagan's tax cut and massive spending couldn't even be cleared up with him raising taxes on the middle class.

George HW Bush, knew this.

In fact, he coined the phrase "Voodoo economics".

He knew that taxes would have to be raised to pay for Reagan's massive spending.

So he really did lie.

Actually no, you're that simple!

I agreed with your post and I agree with your response. George H W Bush was loathe to raise taxes, however, the democrat leadership PROMISED him that they would support him in the following election - knowing full well that the American people would be "pissed" to say the least.

The next election came up and they absolutely TRASHED him for raising taxes.

Bush lost (as he should have) and the democrats whistled all the way to the bank.

The moral of the story - never, EVER trust a democrat. They are never good to their word and they can NOT be trusted. Screw 'em!

What do you expect from an entry into the work force job. The only minimum wage jobs I ever had was as a teen. Do you think that you should be able to buy a house, raise children, and send them to college, drive new cars ( his, and hers ) ect. ? You know a starter job offers you skills, work history, experience wich makes you a better competerer!

Do you factor in the negative aspects of paying an unskilled person a " liviable " wage? For one it cost others jobs. It takes incentive out of starting a business; cost more jobs. There are millions of people willing to work at minimum wage, and the outstanding ones advance quickly. I don't get you :confused:

I started at minimum wage at 15, and by 18 was making $2 an hour over it per in a part time job the boss knew I was going to leave for college (I worked there over the summers). It was because I was good at my job and he didnt want to lose me, and he knew he could get someone cheaper who would cost him money, not make him money.
I dipped fish, and cleaned up rat shit after school - cut grass, raked leaves, shoveled snow. I worked on a trash truck from 4 - 4 for a $100.00 a week, and bussed tables, and washed dishes after that in the evenings for a few dollars more. I was a door man at a high - end condo as well for $2.10. Worked in a bowling ally for $2.35. Started as a private in the US Marine Corps for very little pay. I took the pay I was offered, and I was happy to get it. I just don't get this entitlement mentality :cuckoo:

Geezzz….you guys were crapping in tall cotton!

I began my working life when the minimum wage had just came into vogue. I was washing dishes at a Holiday Inn at the ripe age of 14 for $.80 per hour after school. You couldn't touch me with a ten foot pole. Damn those "rich" guys!!!

I joined the Army as a Private E-1 right out of High School and was making $320.00 per month.

Yep! Life was good!

Where has anyone ever said "Everyone must go to college"?
Another myth being pushed by Conservatives. Progressives have pushed post secondary education for those who desire it. That education has always included vocational education

What we have is a vast underclass without access to the ladder to success. Yes I know a few can make it through hard work and perserverence, but that ladder used to carry everyone who was willing to work hard.

Republicans fight tooth and nail against a minimum wage that will get you further up that ladder. But the problem is a lack of jobs that provide the ability to support a family.

The result is an entitlement system where the taxpayers subsidize employers who pay low wages by providing a safety net for their employees

What has been repeatedly pointed out...and repeatedly ignored by progressives like yourself, Winger...is that entry level minimum wage jobs are the means for people to ACCESS the ladder and begin an ascent to better paying jobs. Those jobs were NEVER supposed support a family of four. When you raise the minimum wage to the extent that liberals are now calling for you WILL cut the number of entry level jobs available to young people and people without job skills. What you naively think will help the poor will in fact hurt them even more.

When I worked for minimum wage ($2.10 an hour) I did not earn enough to support myself

But I did earn enough to pay for college just working summers. Others could earn enough to buy a new car or get started in an apartment

Minimum wage does not even get you started up that ladder of success because it will not even pay the basics to keep you on that ladder

You are aware that the sole purpose of the "minimum wage" was for folks just starting out in the job market, don't you? Well, in your case, probably not.

Minimum wage was originally designed to get kids involved in the workplace - working at low pay jobs in the summer, going to High School hell, even while in College. IT WAS NEVER ENVISIONED THAT PEOPLE WOULD EVER BE ABLE TO SUPPORT A FAMILY ON IT.

What moron spends his entire working life working for minimum wage jobs?

Hell, I'm black and I don't know of a single black person who has been in the workforce that DOES still make minimum wage….geezzz…..

You can raise the minimum wage all you want. IT WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH. Wake up, will you?

Everyone going to college has been the progressive concept since the 60's and 70's. It helps progressive professors, and is seen as a great way to get more progressives.

We have a vast underclass with no reason to get to the ladder, because their basic needs are taken care of. Coupled with punisment via loss of benefits for working in most cases, and you create no reason for people to better themselves, and no coercsion for them to better themselves because progressives are afraid to hurt people feelwings.

If you are supporting a family on minimum wage, somewhere you fucked up, simple as that.

This whole post is complete bullshit.

First off, there's never been a move to mandate everyone go to college. Again, the move was to make it available. There is no conspiracy to make more people "progressive".

Second off, we don't have a vast underclass with no reason to climb the ladder. What we have are people with no buy in because folks like yourself do their very best to shutdown opportunity to people they don't like.

And third? A minimum wage is needed. Without government intervention business would engage in massive wage theft.

Show me anywhere where I have personally tried to put people down, or shove them off the ladder. Oh wait, you can't.
Progressives have been pushing the higher education wave for decades, and now they see the results of it.

So instead people via the government engage in massive productivity theft?

Show you?

You vote and support the conservative agenda.

Done.

What is an entitlement state?

A Method LIBTARDS have adopted to reward supporters, transfer wealth from whitey, buy votes and retain power.

Since more whites are on welfare than minorities, I guess it's a white on white charity.

Really want to play that game?
Of course, since whites are a much larger population, but when it boils down to percentage...not so much

FT_13.07.12_FoodStamps_310px.png

The politics and demographics of food stamp recipients | Pew Research Center

What has been repeatedly pointed out...and repeatedly ignored by progressives like yourself, Winger...is that entry level minimum wage jobs are the means for people to ACCESS the ladder and begin an ascent to better paying jobs. Those jobs were NEVER supposed support a family of four. When you raise the minimum wage to the extent that liberals are now calling for you WILL cut the number of entry level jobs available to young people and people without job skills. What you naively think will help the poor will in fact hurt them even more.

When I worked for minimum wage ($2.10 an hour) I did not earn enough to support myself

But I did earn enough to pay for college just working summers. Others could earn enough to buy a new car or get started in an apartment

Minimum wage does not even get you started up that ladder of success because it will not even pay the basics to keep you on that ladder

You are aware that the sole purpose of the "minimum wage" was for folks just starting out in the job market, don't you? Well, in your case, probably not.

Minimum wage was originally designed to get kids involved in the workplace - working at low pay jobs in the summer, going to High School hell, even while in College. IT WAS NEVER ENVISIONED THAT PEOPLE WOULD EVER BE ABLE TO SUPPORT A FAMILY ON IT.

Hell, I'm black and I don't know of a single black person who has been in the workforce that DOES still make minimum wage….geezzz…..

You can raise the minimum wage all you want. IT WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH. Wake up, will you?

Never said it was supposed to be a wage you can support a family on. But if it is "starter" wage it should be sufficient to get you started up the ladder. It won't pay for college. Not enough to buy a car. It doesn't even provide the basic needs of starting in life
A bigger problem is the salaries and growth potential after minimum wage. Not much there

If i just deny it then it cant be true!1

anyway my lemmings will believe anything i say.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!1 and you cant find any positive "change" poor lefties!!

go cry

you failed; just own it and move on with your lives

Never said it was supposed to be a wage you can support a family on. But if it is "starter" wage it should be sufficient to get you started up the ladder. It won't pay for college. Not enough to buy a car. It doesn't even provide the basic needs of starting in life
A bigger problem is the salaries and growth potential after minimum wage. Not much there

EXACTLY!!! A "starter" wage. Why then do you suppose the left constantly puts their stupid eggs into this basket? Does everyone who is a democrat, liberal, work for minimum wage? Of course not - so then Why does it concern them so? Are they REALLY that worried about teenagers making more money at the local Burger King? Of course not!

Nope.

This is all about setting us up for widespread amnesty for wetbacks.

And if you are so shallow that you can't figure that out for yourself - it's time to head back to grade school. Once again - the American people are being set up.

This whole post is complete bullshit.

First off, there's never been a move to mandate everyone go to college. Again, the move was to make it available. There is no conspiracy to make more people "progressive".

Second off, we don't have a vast underclass with no reason to climb the ladder. What we have are people with no buy in because folks like yourself do their very best to shutdown opportunity to people they don't like.

And third? A minimum wage is needed. Without government intervention business would engage in massive wage theft.

Show me anywhere where I have personally tried to put people down, or shove them off the ladder. Oh wait, you can't.
Progressives have been pushing the higher education wave for decades, and now they see the results of it.

So instead people via the government engage in massive productivity theft?

Show you?

You vote and support the conservative agenda.

Done.

Nice cop out, shallow.

Forum List

Back