Obama: "Wealthy" ignore poverty, send kid to private schools

SassyIrishLass

Diamond Member
Mar 31, 2009
Remind us, Ears, where do your daughters attend school? There are many reasons our children attend private schools and "ignoring" poverty isn't one of them. This asshole is clueless

OBAMA: WEALTHY IGNORE POVERTY BY SENDING KIDS TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS

During a conversation about poverty, President Obama said he was concerned that more wealthy people were separated from poverty because they chose to frequent private institutions instead of public ones.

“Part of what’s happened is, is that elites in a very mobile, globalized world are able to live together, away from folks who are not as wealthy, and so they feel less of a commitment to making those investments,” he explained during a panel discussion on poverty at Georgetown University today.

Obama criticized the free-market system in America for allowing higher concentrations of wealth to exist among the rich while the bottom percentage was being left behind and receiving a smaller portion of that wealth.

“Those who are doing better and better, more skilled, more educated, – luckier – having greater advantages are withdrawing from the commons,” he said. “Kids start going to private schools, kids start working out at private clubs instead of the public parks, an anti-government ideology then disinvests from those common goods and those things that draw us together.”

Obama Wealthy Ignore Poverty By Sending Kids To Private Schools - Breitbart

Yeah, like I would send my son to an inner-city high school where he's far more likely to get killed than get an education. Even guilt-ridden white liberals draw the line there.

Yeah, like I would send my son to an inner-city high school where he's far more likely to get killed than get an education. Even guilt-ridden white liberals draw the line there.

Or molested by a teacher, it's becoming rampant

It's more division from a clueless jackass
The only division here is the giant hole where the middle class used to be, not that you give a shit about that when there are billionaires asses to be kissed.

Twat waffle, my husband and I spend a lot of time and money helping the less fortunate. Obama is just using class warfare, you're just too stupid to realize it.You will never level the playing field, never. As long as you have people who strive to succeed and those that refuse the differences will always be there

It seems he sends his kids to private school but doesn't ignore poverty. It's the "ignore poverty" part that is the bad thing here.

I disagree, his pontifications on the 'travails of those in poverty' is no better, indeed just as condescending as so many whites that believe they know what the problems are of 'poor blacks,' or poor anyone in America is like.

The 'elites' regardless of their own skin color or even their own family history, really have not walked the mile in other's shoes.

Considering the topic chosen, I find it extreme hypocrisy that the President, educated in the main in private schools, as was his wife and now his daughters, attempting to keep poor parents from providing their own children the opportunities of a better education through vouchers.

The only division here is the giant hole where the middle class used to be, not that you give a shit about that when there are billionaires asses to be kissed.

Twat waffle, my husband and I spend a lot of time and money helping the less fortunate. Obama is just using class warfare, you're just too stupid to realize it.You will never level the playing field, never. As long as you have people who strive to succeed and those that refuse the differences will always be there
If there is class warfare the billionaires won it long ago. I do not care what you do personally, you endorse policies that hurt the working class.

^^^^^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^^^

It seems he sends his kids to private school but doesn't ignore poverty. It's the "ignore poverty" part that is the bad thing here.

I disagree, his pontifications on the 'travails of those in poverty' is no better, indeed just as condescending as so many whites that believe they know what the problems are of 'poor blacks,' or poor anyone in America is like.

The 'elites' regardless of their own skin color or even their own family history, really have not walked the mile in other's shoes.

Considering the topic chosen, I find it extreme hypocrisy that the President, educated in the main in private schools, as was his wife and now his daughters, attempting to keep poor parents from providing their own children the opportunities of a better education through vouchers.
We all know what vouchers are for.

If there is class warfare the billionaires won it long ago. I do not care what you do personally, you endorse policies that hurt the working class.
No, the working classes elect charlatans that rob them.

No sympathy here.

We all know what vouchers are for.

Yes, educational institutions progressives don't agree with.

Forum List

Back