Obamacare Forces Walmart To Cancel Health Insurance Coverage For 30,000 Workers

Obamacare is the worst law ever written.

Walmart Cuts Health Care Coverage For Most Part-Timers In Wake Of Obamacare

oct 7 2014
NEW YORK (AP) — Wal-Mart Stores Inc. plans to eliminate health insurance coverage for some of its part-time U.S. employees in a move aimed at controlling rising health care costs of the nation's largest private employer.

Wal-Mart told The Associated Press that starting Jan. 1, it will no longer offer health insurance to employees who work less than an average of 30 hours a week. The move affects 30,000 employees, or about 5 percent of Wal-Mart's total part-time workforce, but comes after the company already had scaled back the number of part-time workers who were eligible for health insurance coverage since 2011.

I hope Walmart doesn't go bankrupt.

I've read tons on this subject. Several (many) opinions agree. The burden of guilt is on the insurance companies. Insurance costs have risen because the insurance industry wanted them to rise not because ACA made them rise. Similar to the car insurance scenario mentioned here. Health insurance was increasing at warp speed BEFORE ACA was implemented, and nobody gave a damn or at least they never gave it this much attention. This is all about Obama not health insurance costs. Admit it.

Health Insurance rose 131% between 1999 and 2009.

Chart shows staggering rise in health insurance costs

where was the rage for 43 and the RW then ?

"The burden of guilt is on the insurance companies. Insurance costs have risen because the insurance industry wanted them to rise not because ACA made them rise."

Patently silly.
The more that insurance covers the more it costs.
FORCE a company to accept ALL conditions, pay for birth, alcohol and drug addiction, pediatric vision and dental, in short EVERYTHING and premiums have to go up.

Now couple that with WHO approves all of the increases HHS and the Dept of Insurances and you know that EVERYONE knows this except liars like 7.

I've read tons on this subject. Several (many) opinions agree. The burden of guilt is on the insurance companies. Insurance costs have risen because the insurance industry wanted them to rise not because ACA made them rise. Similar to the car insurance scenario mentioned here. Health insurance was increasing at warp speed BEFORE ACA was implemented, and nobody gave a damn or at least they never gave it this much attention. This is all about Obama not health insurance costs. Admit it.

"The burden of guilt is on the insurance companies. Insurance costs have risen because the insurance industry wanted them to rise not because ACA made them rise."

Patently silly.
FORCE a company to accept ALL conditions, pay for birth, alcohol and drug addiction, pediatric vision and dental, in short EVERYTHING and premiums have to go up.

Now couple that with WHO approves all of the increases HHS and the Dept of Insurances and you know that EVERYONE knows this except liars like 7.

well, you're an idiot, soo.

not to mention the piece of shit who wants to see 50,000,000 people die ...

go F yourself antbrain.

Last edited:

Patently silly.

No wonder I live under your skin,the fact that I am an idiot and continuously bitch slap you hurts your self esteem.

"Forces"? Really? A cadre of money-grubbing corporatist scumbags choose to deliberately screw over thousands of working-class cytyzyns in order to further maximize their own profit, and you blame President Obama for this?

Your racism has taken hold of your infinitesimally small manpig "brain" and destroyed all sense of logic and fairness. You are truly beyond reason.
They are only following suit of other places like Target Target is dropping insurance for some because of Obamacare. That could be good news for workers. - The Washington Post

[

"Forces"? Really? A cadre of money-grubbing corporatist scumbags choose to deliberately screw over thousands of working-class cytyzyns in order to further maximize their own profit, and you blame President Obama for this?

Your racism has taken hold of your infinitesimally small manpig "brain" and destroyed all sense of logic and fairness. You are truly beyond reason.

Yes - forced. It was either do this or go bankrupt.

And what's with the racism charge.? This issue is not about race. You silly dems drag race into everything,
Everything about liberals is about race.. Get with the program LOL

Patently silly.

No wonder I live under your skin,the fact that I am an idiot and continuously bitch slap you hurts your self esteem.

go away death wish ...

They are only following suit of other places like Target Target is dropping insurance for some because of Obamacare. That could be good news for workers. - The Washington Post

Unless they do away with the Employer Mandate this will be repeated ad naseum next year.

Obamacare is the worst law ever written.

ShootSpeeders thinks that giving impoverished Americans access to affordable healthcare is worse than the Sedition Act, which banned criticism of the government.

Proof that Wrongpublicans oppose President Obama due to his race (which, by the way, doesn't even exist--but I'll save that lesson for a later time) and not due to any substantive issues.
Impoverished already was getting insurance through Medicaid .. Less people now have insurance then before Obama FORCED us to get insurance! That is why he keeps extending everything .. Also , the amount they spent on that stupid healthcare.gov could have been spent giving each person in this country enough money for the healthcare for their families

Patently silly.

go away death wish ...

Make you a deal, don't type stupid shit and I won't bitch slap you.

A) Wal-Mart health care was a bad joke.
B) Most Wal-Mart workers make so little they can get free Medicaid NOW- except in red states...
C) If they make more than that, they can get insurance very cheaply on the exchanges.

So now their health care is dumped on the taxpayers and you call that great!!
I'd be ok if Wal-Mart was taxed for what it costs taxpayers. Not my optimal choice for HC reform, but better than what the old bald guy who looks like Don Rickles, and acts like him too, and Mitt were offering.

It'll be good for Walmart's part-time workers. It will cost the taxpayers as usual when these receive taxpayer subsidies to purchase on the Obamacare exchanges. The taxpayer always gets it in the rear. Can't blame Walmart though for trying to keep their own costs down.

Patently silly.

The more that insurance covers, the more it costs. The more it costs, the more profit it makes.

It'll be good for Walmart's part-time workers. It will cost the taxpayers as usual when these receive taxpayer subsidies to purchase on the Obamacare exchanges. The taxpayer always gets it in the rear. Can't blame Walmart though for trying to keep their own costs down.

That's what this has been all about since the beginning, forcing people into the Exchanges.

That's what this has been all about since the beginning, forcing people into the Exchanges.

Absolutely. To reduce America to a third-world country. It's happening.

Patently silly.

go away death wish ...

grow up

Patently silly.

The more that insurance covers, the more it costs. The more it costs, the more profit it makes.

Not true.
If you can't collect enough Premium to cover expenses you can't "make" any Money.

To date the "Risk Corridors" have not been activated so the losses are staggering.

Patently silly.

go away death wish ...

grow up

Go play with folks you are better suited to debate, clearly you don't do well here.

Patently silly.

Health Insurance companies are ranked number 88 on the list of company profit margins in America. Health insurance is one of the best bargains available for the buck. It is the cost of medical CARE that is obscene. One visit to the hospital emergency room and one little surgical procedure can easily wipe out three or four years of health insurance premiums. I had a heart attack that resulted in medical provider bills totaling over $100K. I will never pay that much in insurance premiums. Obama attacked the wrong end of the problem. He should have done something about the robbery and fleecing of the people by the medical profession.

In the United states you can choose to work there or not, but in Obama's economy you may not have a choice.
I keep seeing stuff like this...and nobody is able to prove cause and effect between Obamacare and and job loss. It's just a talking point people seem to keep parrotting.

The insurance premiums at my company rose 15% this year and they specifically stated that ObamaCare was one of the reasons for it.
Sure, but they still offer them don't they?...and I bet they either passed on those premiums to you, or the plans changed for 2014 offering lesser benefits and higher deductables. This trend has been going on since 1900.

The right is constantly citing changes in the insurance coverages, and blaming every one of them on Obamacare without doing the math.

Obama said the average family would save $2500 a year under his plan or did you forget that?

Funny how you folks keep moving the goal post in order to justify the shit storm you created. That is the tactic of dishonest and dishonorable people.
I'm not moving anybody's goal post. I knew quite well that people would not save $2500 year, and knew very clearly that insurance companies would shift costs, reduce benefits, and get their money

At least you admit you know the president lied and you don't give a damn.

Forum List

Back