Obamacare website won’t reveal insurance costs for 2015 until after election

Jackson

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
Nashville

Those planning to purchase health insurance on the Obamacare exchange will soon find out how much rates have increased — after the Nov. 4 election.

Enrollment on the Healthcare.gov website begins Nov. 15, or 11 days after the midterm vote, and critics who worry about rising premium hikes in 2015 say that’s no coincidence. Last year’s inaugural enrollment period on the health-care exchange began Oct. 1.

“This is more than just a glitch,” said Tim Phillips, president of free-market Americans for Prosperity, in a Friday statement. “The administration’s decision to withhold the costs of this law until after Election Day is just more proof that Obamacare is a bad deal for Americans.”

Robert Laszewski, president of Health Policy and Strategy Associates, said in a Monday column in USA Today that “when it comes to a lack of openness and transparency about Obamacare, this administration has no peer.”
Open enrollment should have started October 1, 2014, with all of the information open to new enrollees. What is the difference this year? Midterms. So much for Obama's transparency. It's criminal.
Read more: Obamacare website won t reveal insurance costs for 2015 until after election - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

How convenient! So much for transparency in government!

...the website isn't the only source of that information. There's actually been quite a bit of information about what's happening to premiums going into 2015.

Wow... that accounts for many states! Let's see if that holds. There has to be a reason for Obama to delay. I won't question your post, but I certainly do question Obama's tactics. Nice post.

There has to be a reason why I believe some bullshit I heard on the radio! The info that Greenbeard just posted is cool for those states....but what is the reason for my not believing it? It can't be true! If the rates are being published, then I will be exposed as a complete rube!

Jackson.......you aren't stupid. I know this. When you do this shit....it is worse than if Staph or Mud does it.

It's not cool.

It was originally slated to open tomorrow,the King changed it for a reason ;)

Wow... that accounts for many states! Let's see if that holds. There has to be a reason for Obama to delay. I won't question your post, but I certainly do question Obama's tactics. Nice post.

Those states running their own exchanges will know the rates, those that are not, have to rely on the Feds to tell them. Thus, if applying for insurance in a state that does not run their own, then you may not be able to get information very quickly.

Not all states are running their own exchanges and as such those that are expecting subsidies in those sates may not get them based on the wording of the law.

Those subsidies are designed to be phased out over a period of five years for the states on Medicaid and three to the individual.

If there was good news to announce no doubt they would announce before the election.
No matter what, the Progs will insist there was nothing deceitful about waiting until after the election to release the bad news.

That the Administration had to send their spokesman Greenbeard back out here means it can only be a gigantic clusterfuck.

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Nope,and that makes his actions worse, his "Imperial Highness" does not feel constrained by our laws.

The law gives HHS the authority to set any open enrollment they want.

Now the King changed open enrollment for a reason, and it ain't because rates went down.

It's because the last open enrollment dragged past the point at which insurers would've had to submit 2015 rates for review. Extending the last one to make up for the first month of IT issues required pushing this next one back as a practical matter.

Nope,and that makes his actions worse, his "Imperial Highness" does not feel constrained by our laws.

The law gives HHS the authority to set any open enrollment they want.

Now the King changed open enrollment for a reason, and it ain't because rates went down.

It's because the last open enrollment dragged past the point at which insurers would've had to submit 2015 rates for review. Extending the last one to make up for the first month of IT issues required pushing this next one back as a practical matter.

Bullshit.

Rates have to be submitted here in May, even had everything worked they only would have had 4 months to submit on.

They are hiding the rates.

Forum List

Back