Obama's 21% Approval..

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
It seems 21% of likely voters strongly approve of Obama's vacationing, golfing, leading from far far behind, failing on Obamacare, pleading complete unawareness about the FBI, NSA or any other current and past political/economic scandals, giving away billions of taxpayer dollars to feel popular in foreign countries, blaming others for his failures of leadership, winning the Presidency but not wanting to do the actual job for all American citizens....etc. etc. etc.

--------------------------------:rolleyes:

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 46% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Fifty-three percent (53%) disapprove (see trends).

These figures include 21% who Strongly Approve of the way Obama is performing as president and 43% who Strongly Disapprove. This gives him a Presidential Approval Index rating of -22.

That is the president’s lowest Approval Index rating in 11 months.

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll - Rasmussen Reports?

Last edited:
"Approval Index" is completely meaningless, and an invention of Scott Rasmussen.

Aside from that, this poll says the same thing as every other poll in the last few months: Obama is about 5 points down.

Not great, sure. Not that bad either.

It might be at an 11 month low but it is not that far off what it was when he won the presidency if I am not mistaken so….

It really does not matter much then, does it?

It might be at an 11 month low but it is not that far off what it was when he won the presidency if I am not mistaken so….

If your comfortable with that..go with it..:dunno:

If your comfortable with that..go with it..:dunno:

It’s not a matter of ‘comfort.’ It is a matter of the real world reality of approval rating polls. It seems that in the past that metric might have meant something but I don’t think it dies anymore. Continually, congressmen retain their seats with approval ratings in the teens and presidents are able to win another term after more than 50 percent of the people say that they are doing a poor job.

If that is the case then what do these numbers mean? As far as I can tell, they are completely meaningless.

Rasmussen is the polling equivalent of Fox. When they call you to survey they ask three questions before proceeding. The first question is, is the earth flat, next they ask if You have ever been taken up in an alien spaceship, and finally they ask if You have seen Bigfoot recently? If you don't answer 'yes' to all three they skip over you as you are too bright for a Rasmussen poll. Rasmussen is pure junk, that anyone follows them is a clear indicator of partisan retardation syndrome.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/301910-the-cream-of-corruption.html#post7504444

...and he'll still be prez for the next 3 1/2 years...

Rasmussen is the polling equivalent of Fox. When they call you to survey they ask three questions before proceeding. The first question is, is the earth flat, next they ask if You have ever been taken up in an alien spaceship, and finally they ask if You have seen Bigfoot recently? If you don't answer 'yes' to all three they skip over you as you are too bright for a Rasmussen poll. Rasmussen is pure junk, that anyone follows them is a clear indicator of partisan retardation syndrome.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/congress/301910-the-cream-of-corruption.html#post7504444

"Midcan?.....aint that something you put dog shit in?"......Red Foxx

Yes but that is not entirely accurate as to the impact of a bad presidency. There is an election right in the middle of that – The entire house is up for election and 1/3 of the senate. A bat presidency can affect that outcome of that election.

I am less inclined to care about the ‘is the president doing a good job’ question anymore though because I think the new polarized environment that we are in politically is fucking with that statistic.

mmm... I wonder if Democrats will come to what's left of their senses by then..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Obamaturd and the dimwits are pure junk.

Losers always have excuses. Sorry PRS* subjects, you lost now do something constructive, schoolyard comebacks are for children...oh....

"Silver analyzed 105 polls released by Rasmussen Reports and its subsidiary, Pulse Opinion Research, for Senate and gubernatorial races in numerous states across the country. The bottom line is that on average, Rasmussen's polls were off by 5.8% with a bias of 3.9% in favor of the Republican candidates.

There is much to criticize about Rasmussen's methods. All polls are conducted within a 4-hour window, the person who answers the phone (even a child) is sampled, phones that are not answered are not called back, and much more. All of Rasmussen's polls are done by computer; live interviewers are never used. However, other firms that do robopolling such as SurveyUSA and PPP get much more accurate results with no bias, so the problem is not the robopolling per se." Note about Rasmussen

"Rasmussen has become a right-wing celebrity. He's the author of a conservative book. This fall he is a featured guest on National Review's cruise, along with other conservative luminaries." And The Rasmussen Problem | New Republic

*Rasmussen is the polling equivalent of Fox. When they call you to survey they ask three questions before proceeding. The first question is, is the earth flat, next they ask if You have ever been taken up in an alien spaceship, and finally they ask if You have seen Bigfoot recently? If you don't answer 'yes' to all three they skip over you as you are too bright for a Rasmussen poll. Rasmussen is pure junk, that anyone follows them is a clear indicator of partisan retardation syndrome.

And how did Rassmussen do on predicting the last election?

Scott Rasmussen Tries To Explain Why His 2012 Polling Was So Bad

He underestimated the power of stupid people?

Not possible as a stupid person would have the same impact on a pool as the actual voting booth as long as the pools are done correctly.

That would be the core problem, apparently this year Ras was way off. The left has something to wedge against his polling and if the right would be honest here – they have a valid point. I would assume that we are going to be discussing Ras throughout the next election cycle and it is going to be tough if you are going to use his numbers with such a black mark against him until there is another round with at least some close numbers.

Forum List

Back