🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamas Buying This Little Cottage?

"I do think at a certain point you've made enough money." -- Barack Obama

I guess he'll let us know when that is

From the LA TImes article:

"""The Obamas would not be the first presidential family to land in the Southern California desert. After completing his time in office, former President Gerald R. Ford moved to the area, which has been called "the playground of presidents." Other U.S. presidents have visited and spent time in the Coachella Valley."""

Please explain to us where other former POTUSs have bought homes after leaving office.
How much the homes cost, too.

Oh fuck that, you're too lazy:

President George W. Bush buys 8,501-square-foot house in Dallas' Preston Hollow neighborhood
"....... Bush did go ahead and purchase a house in Preston Hollow, which is at 10141 Daria Place, which was built in 1959 and which sits on a 1.13-acre parcel, according to public records. The house had not been on the market, and Bush made the purchase in the name of his accountant, Robert McCleskey, closing on the deal on October 1, 2008 (deal recorded on October 3, 2008).

Local officials do not require that property sale amounts be made public (which is incredibly annoying for celebrity real estate snoops like us). However, the good news is that mortgage amounts there *are* made public, and records show that the president took out a $3,074,239 mortgage. Bush reportedly will be buying the 4,684-sqare-foot house next door, at 10151 Daria Place, ostensibly for the Secret Service's use, but records do not show yet that a sale has closed on that house (that house had been listed for $1,679,900, and its longtime owner, Joan Northway, died in October 2003 at age 76; the house reportedly is empty at present).

NOw, please STFU.

70555thunderbirdmesadrive3.jpg
another view of it. Heard it is in escrow. Amazing, considering his tax returns when running for office.

I suspect he is having a pretty easy time of getting a mortgage loan. And given that like other presidents, he will have full-time Secret Service detail around him, this place looks like it will be easier to secure as opposed to a house in a heavily treed area.

With as many racists as there are in this country, I don't blame him for finding a house up on a hill with nothing but miles of desert around.

A few best selling books, an income for life, speaking gigs. Yeah, he an afford a place like that.

What's the problem with you people, you jealous of the rich and successful all of a sudden?

No problem at all with us, it's you guys who make a living out of bashing the 1%'ers that I question when you suddenly don't have a problem when one of your own joins the club.

Democrat politicians love amassing wealth.To them it's great.
Except when Republicans do the same thing.

Democrats do not have any problems with Republicans amassing wealth
They just want them taxed on it.....just like wealthy Democrats are willing to pay

Wealthy Democrats are willing to pay higher taxes. Weallthy Republicans want to cut benefits for the poor

Democrat politicians love amassing wealth.To them it's great.
Except when Republicans do the same thing.

Democrats do not have any problems with Republicans amassing wealth
They just want them taxed on it.....just like wealthy Democrats are willing to pay

Wealthy Democrats are willing to pay higher taxes. Weallthy Republicans want to cut benefits for the poor

Funny they are all butt hurt over the POTUS getting a nice home. Where is their support of the American Dream?

Non wealthy Republicans want to be able to be capitalist but they don't want to pay taxes. That's not how it works. You pay for the privilege of being able to make as much money as you want to.

Yup. They are but Cali has a load of very expensive taxes and once Barry and his family move in they won't have the taxpayers to pick up the dime for him.

He needs to make loads of those speeches to afford life in Cali. Good luck to him.

Yeah he will. They will be giving him a check for the rest of his life.

He hopes.

No hoping necessary.

[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Former_Presidents_Act]Former Presidents Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/URL]

A few best selling books, an income for life, speaking gigs. Yeah, he an afford a place like that.

What's the problem with you people, you jealous of the rich and successful all of a sudden?

rw'ers & their class warfare. GEEZ!!! :eusa_doh: I thought they always said that god :eusa_angel: wanted rich people to be rich? :dunno:

Now that Obama is rich....Lets start Redistributing HIS Wealth and see how HE likes it

Lets:
Raise his tax rate to 45% for every dollar he earns over $1 million
Raise his capital gains rate
Cut Obamas tax deductions and write offs

What do you say republicans? That will fix him

70555thunderbirdmesadrive3.jpg
another view of it. Heard it is in escrow. Amazing, considering his tax returns when running for office.

I suspect he is having a pretty easy time of getting a mortgage loan. And given that like other presidents, he will have full-time Secret Service detail around him, this place looks like it will be easier to secure as opposed to a house in a heavily treed area.

With as many racists as there are in this country, I don't blame him for finding a house up on a hill with nothing but miles of desert around.

good point as well as your previous post.

Hard to find a better place to winter for a golfer. The Coachella Valley is loaded with great golf courses and an ex-president will have no trouble getting on any one of them. Barry can continue to work on his handicap in retirement while the little woman works her garden out back.

Hard to find a better place to winter for a golfer. The Coachella Valley is loaded with great golf courses and an ex-president will have no trouble getting on any one of them. Barry can continue to work on his handicap in retirement while the little woman works her garden out back.

when its 104 degrees outside?....yea right....maybe in the winter if the weather permits....

when its 104 degrees outside?....yea right....maybe in the winter if the weather permits....

104° probably does scare off a lot of people but-----but until recently I lived part of the year in Scottsdale, AZ. I saw stuff like the A/C below around but I don't know anybody that actually bought one, most of the people I know and play golf with don't find 104° to hot to play golf in the desert - caveat; most of the time
Obama will still be a young man when he leaves office, I doubt he'll need A/C on his golf cart but-----but if he does...
...see below

Golf Cart Misting System - The Bahia Golf Cart Mist System attaches directly to your golf cart.

Golfers can stay comfortable and cool while playing a round on a hot day.

Our golf cart cooling system can drop temperatures by up to 30°. It can also help to keep insect away. The mist is so fine, it’s dry to the touch.

This system uses patented non-clogging nozzles to eliminate the hassle of constant maintenance. The waters is broken down to microscopic levels, leaving no detectable moisture.

Bahia offers adjustable mist output control and three fan speed options to best suit the user’s personal comfort levels.

This product is energy efficient and eco-friendly. The Bahia golf mister is easy to install and operate. It fits all makes and models of golf carts.

Auramist offers a 1 year limited warranty​

atrendyhome_2272_44223923

atrendyhome_2272_44290076

104° probably does scare off a lot of people but-----but until recently I lived part of the year in Scottsdale, AZ. I saw stuff like the A/C below around but I don't know anybody that actually bought one, most of the people I know and play golf with don't find 104° to hot to play golf in the desert - caveat; most of the time
Obama will still be a young man when he leaves office, I doubt he'll need A/C on his golf cart but-----but if he does...
...see below

Golf Cart Misting System - The Bahia Golf Cart Mist System attaches directly to your golf cart.

Golfers can stay comfortable and cool while playing a round on a hot day.

Our golf cart cooling system can drop temperatures by up to 30°. It can also help to keep insect away. The mist is so fine, it’s dry to the touch.

This system uses patented non-clogging nozzles to eliminate the hassle of constant maintenance. The waters is broken down to microscopic levels, leaving no detectable moisture.

Bahia offers adjustable mist output control and three fan speed options to best suit the user’s personal comfort levels.

This product is energy efficient and eco-friendly. The Bahia golf mister is easy to install and operate. It fits all makes and models of golf carts.

Auramist offers a 1 year limited warranty​

atrendyhome_2272_44223923

atrendyhome_2272_44290076
Yes, you see plenty of people playing golf in 104 degrees, or hotter, in the desert. That was a big vacation spot before air conditioning, too.

Now that Obama is rich....Lets start Redistributing HIS Wealth and see how HE likes it

Lets:

Again a weird comment coming from you. He is exempt from half the stuff we pay.

Lets:

Again a weird comment coming from you. He is exempt from half the stuff we pay.

Which planet do you live on?

16x9

Wow! Pretty good for a community organizer and college lecturer with a wife who was a part-time whatever it was she did. Think that means they just might descend from the lofty hills to mix and mingle with the needy in Watts? Or East Los Angeles? And I was certain they would want to stay near all their buddies in The Windy City.

Could it be that living in The People's House has given them a taste of the good life.

Read more @ Are the Obamas buying a home in Rancho Mirage? - LA Times

Those darn 1%ers flying around on jets to Las Vegas and such. UnAmerican

-Geaux

16x9

Wow! Pretty good for a community organizer and college lecturer with a wife who was a part-time whatever it was she did. Think that means they just might descend from the lofty hills to mix and mingle with the needy in Watts? Or East Los Angeles? And I was certain they would want to stay near all their buddies in The Windy City.

Could it be that living in The People's House has given them a taste of the good life.

-Geaux

Liberals don't object to the 1%flying aroud in personal jets. They just feel that if you can afford a personal jet, you can probably afford to pay more in taxes

16x9

-Geaux

Liberals don't object to the 1%flying aroud in personal jets. They just feel that if you can afford a personal jet, you can probably afford to pay more in taxes

Wait.. Are you saying Obama didn't use the 1%ers to gain election? And when he was throwing Vegas, CEO's etc under the bus it had nothing to do with corporate taxes. It was more of an 'Us vs Them' rhetoric.

And it worked

-Geaux

Forum List

Back