Obamas Failed Foreign Policy- Cairo 200 Plus Dead

deltex1

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2012
Near the Alamo
The president and the sec of state are telling Muslims that violence is unproductive...not the path to take. Evidence in Iraq, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Libya, Egypt, Syria and everywhere they congregate would indicate the contrary. Is it any wonder Obabble is now confirmed as the most impotent leader in history?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/world/

Last edited:
I consider myself fairly well informed, I cannot even articulate what our stance vis a vis Egypt is right now.

I know we have helped make a mess of our situation there, we have jumped sides and mealy mouthed it since mubarak fell.

example; early on obama and his ambassador there with susan rice ( yes that Rice) supported the MB, then; she was the one who after leaning that the military was going to take them out of power ( which the admin. is engaged in smoothing over as a NOT coup:rolleyes:) in a conference call with the Brotherhood leadership, told them Morsi was out...

so we have tried to play both sides and now both sides despise us as double dealers.....

lets face it, what we have now is a civil war in anything but name.

More of Adolf Obama's failed foreign policies. Blood is on his hands in the streets of Cairo

More than 200 dead after Egypt forces crush protest camps | Reuters

"The United States strongly condemns the use of violence against protesters in Egypt," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said. "We extend our condolences to the families of those who have been killed, and to the injured. We have repeatedly called on the Egyptian military and security forces to show restraint."

"We also strongly oppose a return to a State of Emergency law, and call on the government to respect basic human rights such as freedom of peaceful assembly, and due process under the law. The world is watching what is happening in Cairo."

The United States and Europe had pressed hard for Egypt's generals not to crush the demonstrators. A diplomatic effort to open talks between the Brotherhood and the authorities, backed by Washington, Brussels and Arab states, collapsed last week.

More of Adolf Obama's failed foreign policies. Blood is on his hands in the streets of Cairo

More than 200 dead after Egypt forces crush protest camps | Reuters

"The United States strongly condemns the use of violence against protesters in Egypt," White House spokesman Josh Earnest said. "We extend our condolences to the families of those who have been killed, and to the injured. We have repeatedly called on the Egyptian military and security forces to show restraint."

"We also strongly oppose a return to a State of Emergency law, and call on the government to respect basic human rights such as freedom of peaceful assembly, and due process under the law. The world is watching what is happening in Cairo."

The United States and Europe had pressed hard for Egypt's generals not to crush the demonstrators. A diplomatic effort to open talks between the Brotherhood and the authorities, backed by Washington, Brussels and Arab states, collapsed last week.

Gee...why did Obama kill all those people?

How is Egypt in any way Obama's fault? :confused:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/04/world/middleeast/04diplomacy.html?_r=0

The Obama administration is discussing with Egyptian officials a proposal for President Hosni Mubarak to resign immediately and turn over power to a transitional government headed by Vice President Omar Suleiman with the support of the Egyptian military, administration officials and Arab diplomats said Thursday.

So it was fairly obvious that a transition was coming and we wanted to try to avoid chaos by ensuring a transitional government was in place. That doesn't make Obama responsible for Mubarak's fall, nor does it make us responsible for what is currently happening in Egypt. You want to blame someone / something? Blame poor decision making by the Egyptian military.

Now we support bloody Military Coups. What a sad mess. Blowback's gonna be pretty rough for us on this one. Aggressive Foreign Interventionism should become a thing of the past.

I think he made the same mistake bush did ala Sharon and pulling out of gaza...in that if he let Mubarak fall or gave gaza back to the Palis, hoping that what came next would be 'better', not taking into account the MB, ( he was warned though) would then incite and institute their own brand of oligarchy...Carter too vis a vis the shah and Khomeini.

Now we support bloody Military Coups. What a sad mess. Blowback's gonna be pretty rough for us on this one. Aggressive Foreign Interventionism should become a thing of the past.

You are confused. obama doesn't support the military. He supports the brotherhood "rebels".

I think he made the same mistake bush did ala Sharon and pulling out of gaza...in that if he let Mubarak fall or gave gaza back to the Palis, hoping that what came next would be 'better', not taking into account the MB, ( he was warned though) would then incite and institute their own brand of oligarchy...Carter too vis a vis the shah and Khomeini.

I don't think that anyone, the US and Obama Administration included, was surprised by the Muslim Brotherhood takeover after Mubarak. If anything, we were surprised by how well those running against the Muslim Brotherhood did against them. The Muslim Brotherhood was the largest and best organized political party in Egypt outside of the ruling party.

While Morsi wasn't doing very well, the real rogue element here is the Egyptian military, not the Muslim Brotherhood.

/edit, I suppose I should qualify the above statement by saying that the only real surprise was the MB's decision to run a candidate for president. Which was actually a really poor political choice for the MB.

Last edited:

We have every reason to dip our hands into Egypt. It would be irresponsible for national and global security not to. Particularly with the building Jihadi infrastructure in the Sinai that has been accumulating over the last several years.

We have every reason to dip our hands into Egypt. It would be irresponsible for national and global security not to. Particularly with the building Jihadi infrastructure in the Sinai that has been accumulating over the last several years.

There you have it. We have no reason to interfere.

We need to MYOB

-Geaux

Forum List

Back