Obama's Funding Cuts to blame for 3rd Failure of U.S. Missile Defense Test

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Obama has his priorities apparently our defense isn't one of them:evil:

As the array of foreign missiles capable of reaching the United States grows, four Republican lawmakers are pressing Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel for assurances after a third consecutive failed test of “the only national missile defense system in place to protect the American people.” In a letter responding to the unsuccessful test of the ground-based midcourse defense system (GMD), the four said the system “appears to have been put on ‘life support’ under the Obama Administration’s budget requests.” The last successful GMD test took place in December 2008, when an interceptor missile launched from Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif. intercepted and destroyed a long-range ballistic missile target launched in Alaska minutes earlier. Since then there have been three failed tests of the system, the most recent on July 5, when an interceptor missile launched from Vandenberg AFB failed to intercept a target launched from a test site in the Marshall Islands.

Republicans Blame Obama Funding Cuts for 3rd Failure of U.S. Missile Defense Test | CNS News

The Russians are well aware this is the moment they can strike us with a limited nuclear strike and we won't be able to respond. Do you think they will miss this opportunity? I don't. Forget 2016 elections. It is doubtful we'll even make it to that point.

The Russians are well aware this is the moment they can strike us with a limited nuclear strike and we won't be able to respond. Do you think they will miss this opportunity? I don't. Forget 2016 elections. It is doubtful we'll even make it to that point.

IDK- I will say Putin has punked Odummer on every front. He has beefed up Syria in response to the shark, shark, diplomacy of numbnuts. Try to implement a no fly zone now and it's on

-Geaux

The missile defense boondoggle is the jackpot that the defense lobby dreams of every night.

If the US plunges down that road you can kiss goodbye your dreams of any balanced budget, or any tax cuts.

Last edited:
Without missile defense you can kiss everything good bye including balanced budget and tax cuts. Because we won't have any of it if the Russians hit us with nukes. So I think someone up there had better get their priorities in order. - J.

Without missile defense you can kiss everything good bye including balanced budget and tax cuts. Because we won't have any of it if the Russians hit us with nukes. So I think someone up there had better get their priorities in order. - J.

lol, I thought we won the Cold War.

It is not possible under even the most wildly optimistic scenarios that we could ever build, let alone afford to build, a missile defense system that would protect us from the Russians, even if you're insane enough to believe that the Russians have any inclination to start a nuclear war with us.

The first impossibility would be getting a functional reliable system up and running in the first place.

The next impossibility would be keeping up with the inevitable measures that of course the Russians are going to take, with their own technological improvements,

to beat our system. Trillion dollar missile defense systems would be obsolete in no time, and would have to be replaced by new trillion dollar systems,

and on and on until we're broke, and still not safe.

The Russians won't need to hit us with anything. They will just say they are here for regime change and half the country will support them.

We haven't had nukes used in warfare since 1945, because of the realization that one won't be able to get away with it. Remove that and things become more dangerous, not less, IMO. I think there are much better things to spend our money on than the zero-sum game of a missile defense system, like research into the development of a workable fusion power system. Its development would markedly increase the welfare of the entire world. Comfortable people are much less likely to make war and suffer the devastation it inevitably brings.

It is not possible under even the most wildly optimistic scenarios that we could ever build, let alone afford to build, a missile defense system that would protect us from the Russians, even if you're insane enough to believe that the Russians have any inclination to start a nuclear war with us.

The first impossibility would be getting a functional reliable system up and running in the first place.

The next impossibility would be keeping up with the inevitable measures that of course the Russians are going to take, with their own technological improvements,

to beat our system. Trillion dollar missile defense systems would be obsolete in no time, and would have to be replaced by new trillion dollar systems,

Missile defense is not really for the Russians..it's for the radical nutjobs like Iran and north Korea

We haven't had nukes used in warfare since 1945, because of the realization that one won't be able to get away with it. Remove that and things become more dangerous, not less, IMO. I think there are much better things to spend our money on than the zero-sum game of a missile defense system, like research into the development of a workable fusion power system. Its development would markedly increase the welfare of the entire world. Comfortable people are much less likely to make war and suffer the devastation it inevitably brings.

Obama's plan...what an idiot he is:cuckoo:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPQIKfwbGG0]'America seeks world with no nuclear weapons' - Obama - YouTube[/ame]

Not budget cuts, budget priorities. Obama spent more on a trip to his homeland than the a-holes he hired budgeted for missile defense.

If only we could build a missile defense system as good as the Russians.
Under Reagan our missile defense system always worked great, never missed, but under Obama?

Adjusted for inflation, our Defense budget is at levels not seen since World War II.

We are spending more than we did at the chilliest part of the Cold War, more than during Reagan's buildup, more than during Vietnam or Korea.

The last I looked around, we are not in a World War.

Missile defense is not really for the Russians..it's for the radical nutjobs like Iran and north Korea

Which of your taxes, and how much are you willing to raise them, to pay for missile defense?

If only we could build a missile defense system as good as the Russians.
Under Reagan our missile defense system always worked great, never missed, but under Obama?

We don't have and never have had a missile defense system and neither do the Russians. What you're talking about were basic tests. In the beginning under Reagan, the tests were simple and success relatively easy. The fact that there are more failures now isn't Obama's fault, but the reality that a true shield would be very difficult and very expensive to achieve. We have better uses for our money. Lift the entire world with something like fusion power and people will have less to fight about.

Not budget cuts, budget priorities. Obama spent more on a trip to his homeland than the a-holes he hired budgeted for missile defense.

Links to the official budget lines, please. Since you can't, you won't, then attack me and others who point out your demagoguery, which we will then link back to this post.

Obama’s Devastating Cuts in Missile Defense
How the administration has made us more vulnerable to the aggression of North Korea and other rogues states.
March 23, 2016
Joseph Klein
kim_jong_un.jpg

The Ballistic Missile Defense System is a key part of our nation’s overall missile defense program. It is described by the Department of Defense as “an integrated, ‘layered’ architecture that provides multiple opportunities to destroy missiles and their warheads before they can reach their targets.” The system is “designed to counter ballistic missiles of all ranges—short, medium, intermediate and long.” It consists of three basic components – space, ground and sea-based sensors and radars, and ground and sea-based interceptor missiles. The system relies on a sophisticated communications network “with the needed links between the sensors and interceptor missiles.”

Seven years before winning the White House, Barack Obama told a Chicago TV station that "I don't agree with a missile defense system." True to his word, the Obama administration has set about weakening key elements of the multi-layered ballistic Missile Defense System. Our enemies including Russia, Iran and North Korea could not be happier.

General David L. Mann, USA, Commander, Joint Functional Component Command for Integrated Missile Defense, United States Strategic Command, told the House Armed Services Committee two years ago that we have only “a limited defense against threats emanating from North Korea and Iran.” When asked to explain, he said, “Given their current capability, it does provide the protection. But we all know that these countries are continuing to increase their arsenal and their technology. And down the road, they might reach a point in terms of numbers, just the numbers of missiles that they could employ that it could overwhelm the system.”

That warning is now two years old. The Obama administration has left our country in a position where time is not on our side.

Obama’s Devastating Cuts in Missile Defense

Forum List

Back