Obama's Gun Report Backfires--Guns Save Lives

Its the first page bottom. It's a PDF so I cant cut and paste. Feel free to read it yourself after saying you already read it. Apparently when you said you were skimming thru it you missed the FIRST PAGE
You people just lie for no fucking reason.
:lol:
The 1st page says 105k kiilled/injured in 2010.
The claim was that 105,000 American were murdered in firearms attacks in 2010.
The relevant question:
Are you a liar, or simply illiterate?
So now I'm responsible for what someone else said? I didn't say it I actually corrected them AND you for lying and saying the text wasn't there after saying you were skimming through it.
The relevant question:
Answer: You're a liar.

:lol:
The 1st page says 105k kiilled/injured in 2010.
The claim was that 105,000 American were murdered in firearms attacks in 2010.
The relevant question:
So now I'm responsible for what someone else said? I didn't say it I actually corrected them AND you for lying and saying the text wasn't there after saying you were skimming through it.
The relevant question:
Answer: You're a liar.

:rofl: Concession achievement unlocked

Looking thru the report...

It completely glosses over the entire idea of defensive gun uses, citing a lack of viable information and studies with wildly varing results, and then leaves it be. Wonder why.

It then goes on to talk about situational and demographics rather than rate of gun possession - where you live and who you are has more to do with gun violence than the rate of gun ownership.

Gee. Surprise.

Interesting fact mentioned in the report:
Since 1983, there have been approximately 547 deaths and 476 injuries of mass shootings.
547 deaths ober 30 years. That's 18/yr.

Clearly, mass shootings are out of control, and because of this, we need to ban 'assault weapons'.

Did anyone read this link. Gawd its like a strawman factory over there.

A recent study supervised by the CDC and carried out by the Institute of Medicine and National Research Council found that individuals involved in violent crimes who defended themselves with a gun were far less likely to be injured than those who were not carrying a firearm.

Wait, so hold on. If a person is attacked...and they have a gun for defense...they are LESS likely to get hurt. Hold on hold on....If you have a gun you mean that someone wont ignore it and attack anyway?

Bwahahaa...These ppl watch too much Walking Dead because Zombies are the only bunch that fights you with a gun.

Again, something that NO ONE OPPOSES but for some reason they say the obvious then attempt to throw it in Obamas face like he said ANYTHING about it. lol

What people do you not want to have guns? I know you want your Great Leader to have them.

$65151_465976933437684_1499900131_n.jpg

I have to conclude that the RIGHT are most disingenuous humans sucking air.

apparently NONE of you morons can read ( words are too big?)

bottom of page 10 we have the CONCLUSION of the report:

for the DIM, the definition of conclusion:
Noun
The end or finish of an event or process.
The summing-up of an argument or text.

Conclusion

The research agenda proposed in this report is intended as an initial,
not a conclusive or all encompassing set of questions critical to developing the most effective policies to reduce the occurrence and impact of firearm related violence in the United States.
No single agency or research strategy can provide all the answers.

(Unless your a moron conservative, in which case, Drudge has ALL the answers)

This report focuses on the public health aspects of firearm violence; the committee expects that this research agenda will be integrated with research conducted from criminal justice and other perspectives to provide a much fuller knowledge base to underpin our nations approach to dealing with this very set of societal issues.

anyone see the conclusion that "GUNS SAVE LIVES"??

would one of the DIM like to sight the PAGE the "guns save lives" is printed ON??

total FABRICATION! by the desperate.

Obama ordered a study on gun violence, and he got one, just not the one he may have been wanting. The new study is out and the conclusion is that there are more benefits to concealed and open carry than there are negative side effects.

Read at Obama's Gun Report Backfires--Guns Save Lives -

Actually, 2/3rds of ALL gun related deaths are suicides, with most of them, by far, committed by white men in Red States. It kind of changes my opinion of the value of handguns.

Noun

Conclusion

not a conclusive or all encompassing set of questions critical to developing the most effective policies to reduce the occurrence and impact of firearm related violence in the United States.

This report focuses on the public health aspects of firearm violence; the committee expects that this research agenda will be integrated with research conducted from criminal justice and other perspectives to provide a much fuller knowledge base to underpin our nations approach to dealing with this very set of societal issues.

would one of the DIM like to sight the PAGE the "guns save lives" is printed ON??

Not sure how any of this invalidates anything said here, given that the commentary deals with the facts as laid out by the report, not the conclusion of said report.

Obama ordered a study on gun violence, and he got one, just not the one he may have been wanting. The new study is out and the conclusion is that there are more benefits to concealed and open carry than there are negative side effects.

Read at Obama's Gun Report Backfires--Guns Save Lives -

Actually, 2/3rds of ALL gun related deaths are suicides, with most of them, by far, committed by white men in Red States. It kind of changes my opinion of the value of handguns.

Makes sense. At the sight of a gun, men in blue states would clutch their pearls, get the vapors and piss their panties.

Not sure how any of this invalidates anything said here, given that the commentary deals with the facts as laid out by the report, not the conclusion of said report.

It's called the CONCLUSION,
not the commentary.

comprehension issues?

I even gave the DIM a definition.

God, what more do the cons need?

None of the posts here referenced the conclusion, only the facts as laid out on the report.
Thus, your criticism fails.

Last edited:
Similarly, there's a degree of hope to be found in the fact that most gun-related violent crime involves a minority victim and/or a minority perpetrator.
Darwin in action.

Last edited:

not the commentary.

comprehension issues?

I even gave the DIM a definition.

God, what more do the cons need?

Most people look at the facts they're presented and draw their own conclusions.

Bed wetters draw conclusions, then cherry pick facts that back up their conclusions, then ignore or lie about the facts that disprove their emotional bullshit.

Just like the global warming scam.

Last edited:
I'm sure that'll be wonderful news for the 105,000 American murdered in firearms attacks in 2010 and the 200,000 or so injured in the same year.

Did you actually read the report or just look at the pictures?
Clearlty YOU did not, as the numbers you cited are nowhere to be found in it.

The 105,000 is on the first fucking page. GODDAM you people!

The 200,000 is not. It says there were twice as many injured compared to killed 73,505

Goddam you people?

Please do not blame others for your abysmal reading comprehension. You made the FALSE claim that 105,000 Americans were MURDERED in firearm attacks. The study makes no such claim. Instead, there were 105,000 INJURED OR KILLED. 73,505 were non-fatal meaning that there were 31,495 actual deaths. Further, that figure is the number that were killed in INCIDENTS meaning that murder is just one of the ways that those died. The Murders would be even less than 30,000, a figure that is less than one third of what you claimed.

IOW, you either lied or completely misread the page after demanding that others were incorrect. I await your admission that you made a mistake…

Attachments

• $report.jpg
    $report.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 48

Noun

Conclusion

Let’s state that the ‘guns save lives’ is total fabrication. I have no problem with relinquishing that point as it is totally irrelevant. As the real argument here revolves around gun control and those that wish to place further restrictions on the right to own a firearm, the onus is on those advocates to prove the opposite.

The report establishes even more so that there is no real connection with gun control measures and saved lives or reduced crime rates therefore, gun control measures should not be passed. If they are ineffective at promoting some positive outcome then the justification for gun control is completely lacking.

In the end, gun control measures are counterproductive. Gun ownership increases, violent crime decreases. Mass shootings are negligable stats and no control schemes work effectively to stop them.

it's everything we already knew.

There is nothing left to say other than gun control advocates have exhausted their efforts. They have no ground for their advocacy what so ever. It's only emotional response and has absolutely no logical bearing on firearm ownership.

Just LOL. It must be fun to invent your own reality.

If increased gun ownership rates, decreases violent crimes, why are we not the safest nation in the world?

If control schemes can't impact mass shootings, how do you explain the results Austrlia has seen with mass shootings since their gun restrictions went in place?

Welcome back to reality.

I'm sure that'll be wonderful news for the 105,000 American murdered in firearms attacks in 2010 and the 200,000 or so injured in the same year.

Did you actually read the report or just look at the pictures?

The 200,000 is not. It says there were twice as many injured compared to killed 73,505

you are claiming 105,000 americans were killed by firearms in 2010? what the hell are you smoking?

Goddam you people?

Please do not blame others for your abysmal reading comprehension. You made the FALSE claim that 105,000 Americans were MURDERED in firearm attacks. The study makes no such claim. Instead, there were 105,000 INJURED OR KILLED. 73,505 were non-fatal meaning that there were 31,495 actual deaths. Further, that figure is the number that were killed in INCIDENTS meaning that murder is just one of the ways that those died. The Murders would be even less than 30,000, a figure that is less than one third of what you claimed.

IOW, you either lied or completely misread the page after demanding that others were incorrect. I await your admission that you made a mistake…

Oh please quote where I made that claim oh comprehension blessed one. When you cannot and realize that corrected the person that made the claim with the number of injured as well. Then you will experience shame, at least you should.

Goddam you people?

Oh please quote where I made that claim oh comprehension blessed one. When you cannot and realize that corrected the person that made the claim with the number of injured as well. Then you will experience shame, at least you should.

Excuse me – you backed up Indofred’s claim. That was my error.

The claim was not yours.

you are claiming 105,000 americans were killed by firearms in 2010? what the hell are you smoking?
Actually, no.... he said that you had to be a moron, etc to dispute the claim of 105k gun-related murders in 2010 because "the 105,000 is on the first fucking page"

Absolute proof that he's either illiterate or a liar; the latter is certainly more likely.

Forum List

Back