🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama's Involvement In Bin Laden Takedown Was Simply A Nod

you missed the point.

If you had a natural disaster affect your home and your insurance covered it....would you then reduce your insurance?

The military is inusrance....and as we have seen...every time we reduce it we need to enforce it again

No

If you move to the desert you do not keep your flood insurance....that is threat

If your kids move out of the house, you can get a smaller house....that is mission

You build the military you need based on existing threat and existing mission. When either changes significantly, you change your force structure

The taxpayers deserve it

So I assume you do not see what is happening overseas as a concern.

We live in a dangerous world and there are a lot of people hell bent on destroying us.

You have your opinion, I have mine.

I I will always find a way to feed my family......if someone wants to attack our homeland, I will need the military. I can not defend my family by myself.

Our homeland has not been invaded in 200 years

Our military is the size it is to project power abroad. The EU is the economic size of the US and is the cause of most of the problems in their sphere of influence. It is time for them to foot the bill for the majority of operations in that hemisphere
Japan and South Korea are regional economic powers in that region. They should have more involvement in policing the region
The US Navy is the most powerful in history. We are the ones who keep the shipping lanes of the world open. We should not do it for free. You need our Navy and can afford it, you should not get free protection

No

If you move to the desert you do not keep your flood insurance....that is threat

If your kids move out of the house, you can get a smaller house....that is mission

You build the military you need based on existing threat and existing mission. When either changes significantly, you change your force structure

The taxpayers deserve it

We live in a dangerous world and there are a lot of people hell bent on destroying us.

I I will always find a way to feed my family......if someone wants to attack our homeland, I will need the military. I can not defend my family by myself.

Our military is the size it is to project power abroad. The EU is the economic size of the US and is the cause of most of the problems in their sphere of influence. It is time for them to foot the bill for the majority of operations in that hemisphere
Japan and South Korea are regional economic powers in that region. They should have more involvement in policing the region
The US Navy is the most powerful in history. We are the ones who keep the shipping lanes of the world open. We should not do it for free. You need our Navy and can afford it, you should not get free protection

in 200 years, no one had the ability to invade our homeland.
As for policing the region....you may fall for that rhetoric...I dont. We are not policing....we are in place to do our best to keep ANY military action against usas far off our shores as possible. We are in an offense position atr all times......we simply make it like we are policing.

in 200 years, no one had the ability to invade our homeland.
As for policing the region....you may fall for that rhetoric...I dont. We are not policing....we are in place to do our best to keep ANY military action against usas far off our shores as possible. We are in an offense position atr all times......we simply make it like we are policing.

No nation is capable of invading our homeland. The notion that if we do not maintain a military that is more powerful than all the nations on earth we will have an enemy marching down Main Street is nonsense

We maintain our military presence abroad more for economic reasons than for fear they may attack us at home. The US keeps the entire world relatively stable and the financial markets benefit from that stability. It is time for other wealthy nations to contribute more to ensuring that stability

Had Bush been the one, the GOP would still be screaming from the mountaintops, pounding their chest, shouting "Bush! Bush! USA! USA!". I'd love to see a denial of THAT. The President is like the quarterback; he gets the blame and the credit. Too bad.

I know many on the left would like to think that, yes!

There is absolutely no evidence indicating Obama ramped up any efforts to get OBL.

The CIA finally got the intelligence. Had Bush (literally) been in office a third term...We would have gotten the same result.

Had Bush been the one, the GOP would still be screaming from the mountaintops, pounding their chest, shouting "Bush! Bush! USA! USA!". I'd love to see a denial of THAT. The President is like the quarterback; he gets the blame and the credit. Too bad.

There is absolutely no evidence indicating Obama ramped up any efforts to get OBL.

The CIA finally got the intelligence. Had Bush (literally) been in office a third term...We would have gotten the same result.

There is evidence that Bush redirected intelligence priorities away from Bin Laden and the war on terror to the invasion of Iraq and the search for weapons of mass destruction.
Obama specifically directed that hitting terrorists where they were was his number one priority. This was evidenced by increased drone strikes and more effort in the Pakistan sphere of influence

you missed the point.

If you had a natural disaster affect your home and your insurance covered it....would you then reduce your insurance?

The military is inusrance....and as we have seen...every time we reduce it we need to enforce it again

No

The taxpayers deserve it

....And, a lot (MORE), trying to profit from it!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg-jvHynP9Y]Eisenhower's "Military-Industrial Complex" Speech - YouTube[/ame]​

You act like it was trivial.

In reality, only Obama could give that nod and the mission couldn't happen without it.

End of story.

What are you guys looking for, a Broadway production?

Must be an election season to try and downplay such a major accomplishment for any president.

This won't end well for conservatives.

handjob.gif

Yeah......he did sooooooooooooooooo well.....the first-time!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmtPBTybQ9k]The Hunt For Bin Laden - YouTube[/ame]​

In reality, only Obama could give that nod and the mission couldn't happen without it.

End of story.

Must be an election season to try and downplay such a major accomplishment for any president.

This won't end well for chttp://conservativewanderer.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/obamas-gutsy-call-wasnt/onservatives.
If only we could get Obama to stop spiking the ball.

But that's just his style. Obama’s “Gutsy Call” Wasn’t (Updated: Spiking The Ball For Someone Else’s Touchdown!) « A Conservative Wanderer

There is evidence that Bush redirected intelligence priorities away from Bin Laden and the war on terror to the invasion of Iraq and the search for weapons of mass destruction.

.....And, MUCH-greater reward$!!!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbDfYzq_HaQ]Truth about Halliburton and Dick Cheney - YouTube[/ame]​

End of story.

This won't end well for chttp://conservativewanderer.wordpress.com/2012/04/27/obamas-gutsy-call-wasnt/onservatives.

But that's just his style. Obama’s “Gutsy Call” Wasn’t (Updated: Spiking The Ball For Someone Else’s Touchdown!) « A Conservative Wanderer

.Breitbart points out that even when making the “gutsy call,” he tried to ensure that he had a way to avoid any negative political fallout

Any link that concludes ....Breitbart points out...

Deserves to be ignored

In reality, only Obama could give that nod and the mission couldn't happen without it.U

End of story.

I wondered how conservatives were going to attack Obama's decision to green light this raid.

Killing OBL was a much needed "w" in an otherwise stagnant GWOT. The American people won't react well to trying to diminish it for partisan reasons. You'll notice no one really cared when evidence came out that the shooting wasn't necessarily an act of self defense?

So good luck with that.

You guys would have been happy to give him credit if the nod resulted in a massive disaster on par itch desert 1.

Hypocrites.

End of story.

Awwwwwwwwwww, c'mon.......

With you Teabaggers' (collective) lack of accomplishments.....eclipsed (only) by your self-perception of worthlessness....it only seems like everyone (else) is rubbing your noses in your fuck-ups.

You've gotta quit trying-so-hard.....and (maybe), do a little thinking, before you make your moves....rather-than prematurely-concentrating (so heavily) on your end-zone dance.

303.gif

End of story.

.Breitbart points out that even when making the “gutsy call,” he tried to ensure that he had a way to avoid any negative political fallout

Deserves to be ignored

Ignore it if it makes you feel better.

Let me retort in kind.....any link that tries to paint Obama as an expert in military tactics deserves to be ignored as welll.

Taking into account recent revelations any stories about the brave president making a gutsy call also deserve to be ignored.

Deserves to be ignored

Ignore it if it makes you feel better.

Let me retort in kind.....any link that tries to paint Obama as an expert in military tactics deserves to be ignored as welll.

I learned to ignore Breitbart propaganda years ago

What 'Gutsy Call'?: CIA Memo Reveals Admiral Controlled bin Laden Mission

Admiral-Special-ops-may-expand-role-6QV5MP4-x-large.jpg

Obama simply gave the go-ahead and was prepared to throw Adm William H. McRaven under the bus if anything when wrong. What was labelled a gusty call turns out to be barely a nod from a President that at the same moment was prepared to cast blame on the man put in charge of the mission using him in typical Obama fashion as a fall-guy.

How many of you even know who this guy is? Well, if proper credit had been given you would have known a lot about the man who took control of the mission and saw it through to it's successful conclusion. He should have been the one to make the announcement that Bin Laden was ether killed or captured.

During Desert Storm we became familiar with Gen Norman Schwartzkopf giving regular mission statements. George H. W. Bush allowed the General to take some of the glory. This is what good leaders do. Obama would have none of it. Instead he rushed in front of the cameras and hogged all of the glory for himself. The real heroes were essentially an after-thought. It would have been quite a different story if the mission had imploded and been a disaster similar to the failed Desert One debacle that took place just over 32 years ago in the desert sands of Tabas, Iran.

This now famous photo in the White House war-room was simply a publicity photo taken during the wrap up of the mission. Notice Obama almost hiding because the final word on the mission was still pending. Everyone who was anyone showed up for this photo-op which surely would not have been released had the mission gone bad.

Screen%20Shot%2020120426%20at%20105809%20AM.png

Links
http://patdollard.s3.amazonaws.com/...ecial-ops-may-expand-role-6QV5MP4-x-large.jpg
http://timeswampland.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/memo.jpg
William H. McRaven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Eagle Claw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Want some cheese with your whine? LOL.

GM is alive, Osama is dead. Shove that up your ass.

Ford is alive too.......no thanks to Obama.

GM was just a clandestine union benefit bailout. How many billions went to prop up the UAW in that deal?

Shove that up your ass.

Sorry you hate American workers so much. Whatever it was; turns out it was enough. Sorry that GM is alive and Osama is dead. he he he...I LOVE IT!

In reality, only Obama could give that nod and the mission couldn't happen without it.U

End of story.

I wondered how conservatives were going to attack Obama's decision to green light this raid.

Killing OBL was a much needed "w" in an otherwise stagnant GWOT. The American people won't react well to trying to diminish it for partisan reasons. You'll notice no one really cared when evidence came out that the shooting wasn't necessarily an act of self defense?

So good luck with that.

You guys would have been happy to give him credit if the nod resulted in a massive disaster on par itch desert 1.

Hypocrites.

Oh, boo hoo.

Look......I'm critical of his conduct after the fact, not the fact that he gave the nod.

Personally, I think it was a no-brainer

Even Joe Biden with his Big-Schtook could have made the right fucken call.

Last edited:

So good luck with that.

Hypocrites.

Oh, boo hoo.

Look......I'm critical of his conduct after the fact, not the fact that he gave the nod.

Personally, I think it was a no-brainer

Even Joe Biden with his Big-Schtook could have made the right fucken call.

He was willing to put any chance for reelection on the block for a dangerous raid. Pakistan was well within their rights to scramble their jets and blow the Blackawks out of the sky.

The fact that your side can't give him the least amount of credit for that is telling.

I have my doubts that Johnny Popularity Contest Romney's unbridled ambition would have enabled him to take such a risk.

I have no problem giving Obama his just credit for allowing Bin Laden to be taken out. I also give him credit for the current mess in the Middle East. The Islamic fundamentalists are now in charge of most countries there. Good job Obama.

If you're going to blame any US Government official, it would be the President. That being said, for what specifically? Iran? It was the same as when he took office. Syria? What do you think he should do? Egypt? Again, what do you think he should do? Lybia? I doubt Moahmar (sp?) was a lot better or worse than whatever eventually shakes out.

Thanks for having a level headed approach to giving the President credit for the Bin Laden raid. Tell Mudwhistle that.

When it comes to foreign policy decisions in the Middle East Obama has shown no leadership at all. It has been nothing short of confusing and indecisive. Syria? Did not have to happen had Obama shown any leadership in dealing with the events in Egypt. The Middle East is more unstable now than it has been since the 1970's. The following article is more articulate than I tend to be, but sums up my thoughts on the situation well.

Articles: Obama's Smart Diplomacy Disaster

Forum List

Back