Obamas "Jobs Bill" is DOA as it should be!!!!!!! Unfu***** believeable

Fact Check: Did the stimulus create "zero" jobs?

The Facts: A more accurate jobs count may come from the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, which estimates the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, also known as the stimulus bill, "increased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million" in the second quarter of 2010 alone. The budget office also states that well over half a million jobs were funded in each of the other three quarters of 2010.

Fact Check: Did the stimulus create “zero” jobs? – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Are you refering to these projects under the first $787 Billion Stimulus bill?

$150 million for the Smithsonian Museaum -- It's a nice museaum but hardly in need of creating more room.

$200 million for PUBLIC computer centers at community colleges -- Ever hear of a public library? What's wrong with utilizing THESE facilities?

$448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters -- what's wrong with the building that they occupy now?

$248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters -- let them use the furniture they already have instead of trashing it for a slightly newer model or "proper" name brand

$600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees -- encourage them to use public transportation or have them buy the vehicles themselves. Why should our government pay for fancy new vehicles?

$160 million for "paid volunteers" at the Corporation for the National and Community Service -- if they are paid they aren't volunteers, they are called "employees"

$5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veterans Affairs National CEMETERY Administration -- electric hearses or lawn mowers? Use horses, they establish a better appearance and will fertilize the grounds they graze.

$100 million for reducing the hazards of lead based paint -- since lead-based paint is no longer permitted in new construction, wouldn't it be cheaper to repaint using latex paints?

$75 million to construct a "security training" facility for State Department Security Officers when they can be trained at existing facilities at other agencies. -- what's wrong with where they train now? Let them use Quantico, it's huge and already sitting there for use

$200 million in funding for the LEASE of alternative energy vehicles for use on millitary instillations -- they're soldiers, they need to be marching from building to building to remain in shape, not drive.

$6 billion to turn federal buildings into "green" buildings -- turn off lights when not in use, or install motion sensors. Use weather stripping insulation around windows and doors, it's cheaper.

. . . . are these the types of projects we can hope to find in Obama's "American Jobs Act"?

$5.5 million for "energy efficiency initiatives" at the Department of Veterans Affairs National CEMETERY Administration -- electric hearses or lawn mowers? Use horses, they establish a better appearance and will fertilize the grounds they graze.

How much of the engery money was wasted by giving it to Solyndra?

With no oversight

Are you refering to these projects under the first $787 Billion Stimulus bill?

$150 million for the Smithsonian Museaum -- It's a nice museaum but hardly in need of creating more room.

$200 million for PUBLIC computer centers at community colleges -- Ever hear of a public library? What's wrong with utilizing THESE facilities?

$448 million for constructing the Department of Homeland Security headquarters -- what's wrong with the building that they occupy now?

$248 million for furniture at the new Homeland Security headquarters -- let them use the furniture they already have instead of trashing it for a slightly newer model or "proper" name brand

$600 million to buy hybrid vehicles for federal employees -- encourage them to use public transportation or have them buy the vehicles themselves. Why should our government pay for fancy new vehicles?

$160 million for "paid volunteers" at the Corporation for the National and Community Service -- if they are paid they aren't volunteers, they are called "employees"

$100 million for reducing the hazards of lead based paint -- since lead-based paint is no longer permitted in new construction, wouldn't it be cheaper to repaint using latex paints?

$75 million to construct a "security training" facility for State Department Security Officers when they can be trained at existing facilities at other agencies. -- what's wrong with where they train now? Let them use Quantico, it's huge and already sitting there for use

$200 million in funding for the LEASE of alternative energy vehicles for use on millitary instillations -- they're soldiers, they need to be marching from building to building to remain in shape, not drive.

$6 billion to turn federal buildings into "green" buildings -- turn off lights when not in use, or install motion sensors. Use weather stripping insulation around windows and doors, it's cheaper.

. . . . are these the types of projects we can hope to find in Obama's "American Jobs Act"?

How much of the engery money was wasted by giving it to Solyndra?

With no oversight

Or with fraudulent oversight....we need to have a congressional investigation IMO.

I saw how Fox was covering this. Change the channel, MORON.
Hey idiot, fox covers it more truthfully than the rest.
Yeah....that's where everyone goes for The Truth (especially those folks who can't read)......

Retard454.gif

(....Like this Goober)

What's wrong with Americans paying for America's success? No one got rich on a desert island. I missed the part when we changed into a third world nation because we just love being a third world nation.

"This is when the Republican Party set its trap. Meeting in closed sessions at the beginning of the Obama regime, the party of tax cuts for the rich, unfunded wars, and the largest deficit in the history of the country redefined itself. It suddenly became the party of deficit reduction through lean government joined to supreme confidence in unregulated financial and corporate markets. It even opposed the bail out of General Motors and Chrysler, though these actions stopped unemployment from reaching a dangerous tipping point, allowed the two companies time to reconstruct themselves, and enabled them to pay back the loans within two years–-creating one of the most successful bailouts in the history of Euro-American economic life." The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Pincer Machine

Earning 200K a year does not make you rich.

Earning 200K a year gets you whacked with the alternative minimum tax
Earning 200K a year means you lose your ability to contribute to an IRA

And now the fucking government wants more?

Well, yea, I would think every Republican would like every Democrat to be a one termer. Vice-versa on the Dem side. What's the big deal. At least they're following through unlike the Campaigner-in-Chief that has promised not to rest until there are jobs. He hasn't fulfilled that promise yet!! I think he's running out of time.

Unlike most Dems, Republicans and Independents are free thinkers, they make decisions based on facts, not some Mass Media spin from the hard left leaning (cough, cough) journalists or Youtube videos. ;)

He went and spent the first 9 months on health care.....wasted all that time he needed to spend on the economy and jobs instead of a job killing health care bill.
I guess you hadn't heard.....

:woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo: . :woohoo:

Boehner_crying_narrow.jpg

529.gif

493.gif
493.gif
493.gif
493.gif

Why in the world would a supposedly intelligent man think doing the same thing a second time would have different results??

The right has been lowering taxes on the rich for decades thinking it would help the economy - and it has yet to do so.

Perhaps the right should pull a page out of the Obama Playbook.

"Just think how bad the economy would have been if we didn't lower taxes on the rich. We have saved an estimated 90 million jobs by lowering taxes on the rich over the last ten years. Proof? It is true because we say it is true."

Immie

the military needs them for recuters to practice skullduggery

What's wrong with Americans paying for America's success? No one got rich on a desert island. I missed the part when we changed into a third world nation because we just love being a third world nation.

"This is when the Republican Party set its trap. Meeting in closed sessions at the beginning of the Obama regime, the party of tax cuts for the rich, unfunded wars, and the largest deficit in the history of the country redefined itself. It suddenly became the party of deficit reduction through lean government joined to supreme confidence in unregulated financial and corporate markets. It even opposed the bail out of General Motors and Chrysler, though these actions stopped unemployment from reaching a dangerous tipping point, allowed the two companies time to reconstruct themselves, and enabled them to pay back the loans within two years–-creating one of the most successful bailouts in the history of Euro-American economic life." The Contemporary Condition: The Republican Pincer Machine

Might not make you rich but it does make you earn greater than 4 X the median personal income.

Last edited:
Why in the world would a supposedly intelligent man think doing the same thing a second time would have different results??

The right has been lowering taxes on the rich for decades thinking it would help the economy - and it has yet to do so.

"Just think how bad the economy would have been if we didn't lower taxes on the rich. We have saved an estimated 90 million jobs by lowering taxes on the rich over the last ten years. Proof? It is true because we say it is true."

Immie
They could do that but I doubt most economists would agree with them because they'd be wrong.

Might not make you rich but it does make you earn 4 X the media personal income.

So?

I already pay more in taxes than one earning the median income.

I paid in over 40K in income taxes alone last year I know I'm paying my so called "fair share"

Quite frankly I can't afford to pay more and still save for retirement especially since a good portion of my retirement savings now have to be with after tax dollars

But then again the fucking government doesn't want us saving for retirement does it? What better way to have more people dependent on it?

Immie
They could do that but I doubt most economists would agree with them because they'd be wrong.

Correct, and the same applies for Obama's lies, but that doesn't stop the nitwits from worshiping him.

Immie

Last edited:
I already pay more in taxes than one earning the median income.

Well no fucking shit. I own a house and pay a lot more in property taxes than someone who owns a house worth 4 X less - maybe I should whine and moan and bitch about it?

I paid in over 40K in income taxes alone last year I know I'm paying my so called "fair share"

40/200 = 20% - That's not bad. But it is more than Warren Buffet pays.

Quite frankly I can't afford to pay more and still save for retirement especially since a good portion of my retirement savings now have to be with after tax dollars

The solution is clear - stop working. The high taxes remove your incentive to work - so just don't work and go on the welfare rolls.

New CNN Poll: Majority want tax increase for wealthy and deep spending cuts

Nearly two-thirds say no to major changes to Social Security and Medicare. And nearly nine in ten don't want any increase in taxes on middle class and lower income Americans.

"Republicans and Democrats disagree on the need for cuts in domestic and military spending, as well as tax increases for higher-income Americans, but they do agree that the committee should stay away from tax hikes for the middle class and major changes to Social Security and Medicare," says CNN Polling Director Keating Holland.

According to the survey, only a third say that taxes on wealthy people should be kept low because higher-income Americans help create jobs, with 62 percent saying that taxes on the wealthy should be high so the government can use the money for programs to help lower-income Americans.

Deep cuts = Reduction in entitlements.

Sort of contradictory to the, "use the money for programs to help lower-income Americans."

Redistribution of wealth is not a function of government.

Deep cuts = Reduction in entitlements.

Sort of contradictory to the, "use the money for programs to help lower-income Americans."

Redistribution of wealth is not a function of government.

Nearly two-thirds say no to major changes to Social Security and Medicare.

Forum List

Back