Obama's Last Speech At White House Correspondents Dinner

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Good evening, everybody. It is an honor to be here at my last — and perhaps the last — White House Correspondents’ Dinner.

<snip>

Next year at this time, someone else will be standing here in this very spot, and it’s anyone’s guess who she will be.

<snip>

Eight years ago, I said it was time to change the tone of our politics. In hindsight, I clearly should have been more specific.

<snip>

Even some foreign leaders, they’ve been looking ahead, anticipating my departure. Last week, Prince George showed up to our meeting in his bathrobe. That was a slap in the face.

<snip>

You might have heard that someone jumped the White House fence last week, but I have to give Secret Service credit — they found Michelle, brought her back, she’s safe back at home now.

<snip>

And yet, somehow, despite all this, despite the churn, in my final year, my approval ratings keep going up. The last time I was this high, I was trying to decide on my major.

<snip>

I love Joe Biden, I really do. And I want to thank him for his friendship, for his counsel, for always giving it to me straight, for not shooting anybody in the face.

Meanwhile, on the Republican side, things are a little more — how should we say this — a little “more loose.” Just look at the confusion over the invitations to tonight’s dinner. Guests were asked to check whether they wanted steak or fish, but instead, a whole bunch of you wrote in Paul Ryan.

And then there’s Ted Cruz. Ted had a tough week. He went to Indiana –- Hoosier country –- stood on a basketball court, and called the hoop a “basketball ring.” What else is in his lexicon? Baseball sticks? Football hats? But sure, I’m the foreign one.

The press is, by and large, too chummy with the White House and powerful people. Its time for the publishers and senior editors to stop letting their reporters go to this thing.

I thought he had some good lines. It was just how he delivers them that always annoyed me. Maybe if he painted himself in white face first.

The DMV scene is perfect. Notice his number is 44:

I enjoyed the whole dinner. From start to finish.

ODS Sufferers? Not so much :( :funnyface:

I enjoyed the whole dinner. From start to finish.

ODS Sufferers? Not so much :( :funnyface:
If Obama handed every nitwit afflicted with ODS a $100 bill, they would bitch that he should have broke it up into 5 $20 bills instead.

And if he did it the other way around, they would bitch that he didn't just give them a $100 bill.

You people actually watch that nonsense? I find "Impractical Jokers" to be more informative.

Geeze Louise.

Forum List

Back