Obama's new Ukrainian government shows their colors:Beat TV chief and make him resign

Picture it. 2012. Thuggery right in Parliament. A leopard doesn't change its spots.

Svoboda's newly installed deputies, clad in traditional Ukrainian embroidered shirts, were in the thick of the melee, when not actually leading the charge.

They helped attack and drive from the opposition's ranks two deputies - a father and son - who were accused of preparing to defect to the ruling party.

Then they joined a massive free-for-all around the speaker's rostrum, in protest at alleged illegal absentee-voting by deputies from the governing party.

_64738122_64738121.jpg

Video at link:

BBC News - Svoboda: The rise of Ukraine's ultra-nationalists

It's a state owned television channel. What does free speech have to do with who runs it? The government determines that, and the new government had every right to can the guy. He was obviously just a party apparatchik of the previous government. Getting rid of him was no different that getting Nazis out of German state controlled radio stations at the end of the WW II. Do you think the U.S attacked "freedom of speech" when it did that?

They beat him up. Hey if you are cool with that, who can counter you being ok with some one being beaten up and forced to resign.

BTW the individuals involved if you actually read the links had no power to remove him from his position. You are saying they had every right to can him. Go ahead find a who authorized the beating for the resignation? You won't be able to. These dudes in Svoboda are renegades. No one ordered them to do this.

This was plain old thuggery. Svoboda are goons.

I guarantee you that plenty of Nazis got beaten up by U.S. troops at the end of the war. A lot of them were summarily executed. Emotions often run high when a government is defeated. I have no problem with him being forced to resign. I'd like to see 90% of the bureaucrats in Washington forced to resign.

The problem with all due respect was that there was no order from the government for this man to resign.

None at all.

This was an act of vigilantism from Svoboda. They have too much power now with all their key appointments and they will abuse it and they had no authority to take the law into their own hands to force this man to resign.

They beat him up. Hey if you are cool with that, who can counter you being ok with some one being beaten up and forced to resign.

BTW the individuals involved if you actually read the links had no power to remove him from his position. You are saying they had every right to can him. Go ahead find a who authorized the beating for the resignation? You won't be able to. These dudes in Svoboda are renegades. No one ordered them to do this.

This was plain old thuggery. Svoboda are goons.

I guarantee you that plenty of Nazis got beaten up by U.S. troops at the end of the war. A lot of them were summarily executed. Emotions often run high when a government is defeated. I have no problem with him being forced to resign. I'd like to see 90% of the bureaucrats in Washington forced to resign.

The problem with all due respect was that there was no order from the government for this man to resign.

None at all.

This was an act of vigilantism from Svoboda. They have too much power now with all their key appointments and they will abuse it and they had no authority to take the law into their own hands to force this man to resign.

How is that any different than Obama changing the ACA dozens of times?

None at all.

How is that any different than Obama changing the ACA dozens of times?

At least as far as I know Sebelius hasn't beaten the snot out of anyone yet over percieved negative comments to Obamacare.

:lol:

Yet is the key word.

Pub and Fox etc lies are our RW equivalent of Svoboda. Not too bad YET. Dems are our moderate pussies, ie the civilized ones...

The guy with the ponytail is a neo Nazi representative and way out of line. All I know is the western oriented Democrats and idealists were with the coup, the deposed president rigged his last election and was a crook. Crimea will probably stay Russian, but they will pay an economic price and refrain in the future.

None of this stuff would be happening if Pubs had allowed a recovery which would have allowed the USA to lead the world out of this Pub mess...shortsighted a-holes...

Last edited:
Told you so for days on end on what bad actors our leaders were backing.

blah blah blah blah

where were you wackos when putin invaded georgia when baby bush was president?

I thought he handled it poorly. Actually poorly doesn't even describe how I felt he handled the situation But at least he handled it diplomatically and much was going on behind the scenes and not out in front.

Here we've had our leaders out there chest thumping and banty rooster strutting from the get go and looking like fools.(and hey I'm dissing the crap out of my conservative guy Harper too/bi partisan piss off from me)

I have the ability to criticize my own unlike some others of different political stripes.

But your post still has nothing to do with my OP. :eusa_angel:

We're backing goons and here is the operative word "again".

Last edited:

Forum List

Back