Objective vetting of political topics

AP and NPR. They have a track record of high journalistic standards.

That's subjective.
It is shocking how some of these lefties don't even conceive what objective vetting is. They are posting away in a thread that they do not understand. They don't even know enough to feel ashamed of their ignorance.

As if I don't know what it means you blockhead. Your problem is I predicted where the argument was going and you don't like it.
So, if I'm wrong, I apologise. Now you and your colleagues explain exactly what was to be discussed.
Now We should see the proof.

I can't wait to read what lefties think objective vetting is. Do you guys just switch from msdnc over to abc?

No, instead we cancel sports that upset our feelz.

View attachment 497436

Could be a better topic but right out of the gate you're being subjective rather than objective.
Wrong thread. What exactly does "objective vetting" mean to YOU, in regard to analyzing political topics and news stories?
What do you care? You are already signaled that you are going to dismiss anything someone from the left says. Kind of ironic.

I can't wait to read what lefties think objective vetting is. Do you guys just switch from msdnc over to abc?
AP and NPR. They have a track record of high journalistic standards. Of course you guys will point out the times they failed. Why do you know they failed? They retracted or corrected a story and admitted they failed. You won't see the right wing kook sites ever admit their nonsense stories were completely false. Like the story about the shreds ballots in Maricopa County....

Moreover, when I see Washington times or Gateway pundit or any of the other kook sites like breitbart, downhill, restate, etc...I just assume the story is false.

Anyone who contacts them with a "bombshell" can contact legitimate news sources with the same story.

Then, of course, the conspiracy theories start---"they are suppressing the story".... Which is silly.
Really? AP is a know Hamas propaganda organ, end NPR is just an extension of the DNC.
Clearly you don't listen to NPR....

It is clear from reading this thread that lefties do not objectively vet their news stories and political topics, and that leftism is based upon subjective agenda. On that note, I do in fact subjectively resent lefties, but what I am saying above is based only on the content of this thread. When I objectively scan through it, I am mostly finding lefties who are posting subjective content. I am finding that lefties are limiting media to sources that are aligned with their own bias. Worse yet, they think this is objective vetting.

It is a fact that every court threw out the Big Lie
It is a fact there have not been mass arrests as a result of the Big Lie.
It is a fact that all jurisdictions have certified their election results in spite of the Big Lie.
It is a fact that Trump is the only one who claims to be a victim and fostered the Big Lie.

Any news outlet still propagating the Big Lie is not doing so based on any facts. It's been 7 months now.... where are the court filings....where are the arrests...where are any elections being overturned....where are the others who were cheated; why aren't they up in arms as well?
Wrong thread. This one is about objective vetting. Not every thread is about the election or 1/6.
Again, Nice dodge....

I'm highlighting the idiocy of treating Gatewaypundit and Washington Times and Daily KOs and Mother Jones as the equals of other media like NPR, AP, Reuters, NYT, WSJ....

View attachment 497436

Could be a better topic but right out of the gate you're being subjective rather than objective.
Wrong thread. What exactly does "objective vetting" mean to YOU, in regard to analyzing political topics and news stories?
What do you care? You are already signaled that you are going to dismiss anything someone from the left says. Kind of ironic.
I knew how it was going to go in the first post. All of the nonsense about being like the Matrix.... Comedy gold.

View attachment 497436

I knew how it was going to go in the first post. All of the nonsense about being like the Matrix.... Comedy gold.

They are all a bunch of Neo wannabes.

It is shocking how some of these lefties don't even conceive what objective vetting is. They are posting away in a thread that they do not understand. They don't even know enough to feel ashamed of their ignorance.

Ignorance is quite an obstacle to overcome if one doesn't ever experience any kind of objective reality. Certainly one cannot vet what one observes or hears in any kind of meaningful way if one cannot relate to any kind of objective reality. It's a fundamental fault.

And that's not even considering the fact that so many in the electorate who pass the time by cheerleading for both theoretical sides of the party of one aren't particularly interested in objective reality. Much less vetting it. Everyone loves the circus. The circus is fun. Until it's not. You know?

As I'd mentioned, people tend to just go with the narrative. With whatever they're told is reality. Which, again, is almost always irrelevant to actual reality. But it is convenient. Thinking is hard. Apparently.

Anyway. I have to hit the road. Have to be down in DC in a few hours.

Good topic for discusson, though. If it can be had. Looks like the clown car showed up. And they're piling out. Heh heh.

Last edited:

Ignorance is quite an obstacle to overcome if one doesn't ever experience any kind of objective reality. Certainly one cannot vet what one observes or hears in any kind of meaningful way if one cannot relate to any kind of objective reality. It's a fundamental fault.

And that's not even considering the fact that so many in the electorate who pass the time by cheerleading for both theoretical sides of the party of one aren't particularly interested in objective reality. Much less vetting it. Everyone loves the circus. The circus is fun. Until it's not. You know?

As I'd mentioned, people tend to just go with the narrative. With whatever they're told is reality. Which, again, is almost always irrelevant to actual reality. But it is convenient. Thinking is hard. Apparently.

Good topic for discusson, though. If it can be had. Looks like the clown car showed up. And they're piling out. Heh heh.
Good insights Natural Citizen , thought provoking and nothing I can take exception to there. Do you find it ironic that the advent of the Internet, which *could* have been the greatest platform for free expression and the exchange of new ideas and new perspectives is in many ways having the opposite results. In other words, I see it evolving to principally a vehicle for spreading propaganda, feeding confirmation bias and building echo chambers, do you see it that way as well?

Your posts on this thread, the other forum I see you on, and this site all demonstrate that your perception of the political landscape covers the whole thing. You are one of the few I have encountered who is conscious of the broad picture.

Good insights Natural Citizen , thought provoking and nothing I can take exception to there. Do you find it ironic that the advent of the Internet, which *could* have been the greatest platform for free expression and the exchange of new ideas and new perspectives is in many ways having the opposite results. In other words, I see it evolving to principally a vehicle for spreading propaganda, feeding confirmation bias and building echo chambers, do you see it that way as well?
I look forward to reading NC's reply to your post, but I like this question about what the internet has become. The internet is an incredibly powerful tool that covers every corner of the globe. I have noticed that wherever I see power, I also see corruption.

I look forward to reading NC's reply to your post, but I like this question about what the internet has become. The internet is an incredibly powerful tool that covers every corner of the globe. I have noticed that wherever I see power, I also see corruption.
Good point regarding power, apparently Lord Ashton is shown to be right yet again.

Power tends to corrupt, absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely.” — Lord Ashton

When will human beings ever learn that lesson and stop concentrating power in just few hands?

Thanks!

I agree. I think a lot of the electorate actively avoid any kind of objective reality because to acknowledge it would demand responsibility. It would demand accountability. And people just aren't interested in responsibility. In many cases, people are just so busy trying to make ends meet. But then you get the political junkies who seem to want to actively sway discussion away fro many kind of objective reality. The winger types. Of course, that brings us back to the eroding virtue problem in society. That's a whole other aspect to things.

But, yeah, I agree. We have so much power in the information age. But I think it's wasted. Basically in a way that's consistent wit hwhat you mentioned about echo chambers and confirmation bias, etc.

There's a lot I could say about it, but I really do have to hit the road. Have to be out of here in a half hour. Just kind of responding quickly here.

Thanks!

I agree. I think a lot of the electorate actively avoid any kind of objective reality because to acknowledge it would demand responsibility. It would demand accountability. And people just aren't interested in responsibility. In many cases, people are just so busy trying to make ends meet. But then you get the political junkies who seem to want to actively sway discussion away fro many kind of objective reality. The winger types. Of course, that brings us back to the eroding virtue problem in society. That's a whole other aspect to things.

But, yeah, I agree. We have so much power in the information age. But I think it's wasted. Basically in a way that's consistent wit hwhat you mentioned about echo chambers and confirmation bias, etc.

There's a lot I could say about it, but I really do have to hit the road. Have to be out of here in a half hour. Just kind of responding quickly here.
Thanks for the reply Natural Citizen , interesting, enjoy your Saturday and stay safe!

I just kind of hurried up and shared a few brief thoughts there in response. As I mentioned I'm short on time here.

Now, now, EvMetro-are you demonstrating the old way of using personal biases instead of following your own OP's exceptional logic? lol
Although laced with subjective agenda, my comments also based upon my experience over many years on many, many political forum sites. I've been blessed to have encountered a few lefties who can objectively evaluate political topics and media, even on this very site. I've even followed a few of them who have left this forum for greener pastures. What I have learned though, is that lefties "typically" have a harder time being objective. Let's watch their replies and see.
What I have learned though, is that lefties "typically" have a harder time being objective.

Objectivity is the bane of moral relativists.

Good article Oddball , thanks for sharing! Are you a fan of Hayek? If so , have you read the works of his Co-Austrian School economist Von Mises? Both are among my favorites.

Good article Oddball , thanks for sharing! Are you a fan of Hayek? If so , have you read the works of his Co-Austrian School economist Von Mises? Both are among my favorites.
The Road to Serfdom was one of the first libertarian treatises I read....Found it tremendously insightful and accurate...Even back in the mid-90s, the people Hayek described could be torn straight from the newspapers.

Shortly afterward, I read a lot of Hayek's and von Mises' economic writings....Though I found Human Action to be the nonfiction version of Atlas Shrugged....Far too needlessly wordy and into the weeds.....The one thing that has always stuck with me learned from the Austrian school, is that economics is a far easier to understand science than the "economists" make it out to be.

That article made some excellent points that plot a plausible reason that our country is why it is. I liked the point about how the majority end up having lower standards when the range of education becomes broader.

Forum List

Back