Ocasio-Cortez Is Nonstop Entertainment

I've been able to track $16.5 T in defense spending since 1940, so I'm a little skeptical of his figure. Given inflation, it's possible, but needs verification. Is there a translation error here? Is one person talking about real dollars while the other talking about adjusted for inflation figures?

I've been able to track $16.5 T in defense spending since 1940, so I'm a little skeptical of his figure. Given inflation, it's possible, but needs verification. Is there a translation error here? Is one person talking about real dollars while the other talking about adjusted for inflation figures?
They’re all talking about nominal figures. The discrepancy comes from the Defense Department whose own records indicate $21 trillion in misappropriated spending. That’s what Cortez referenced — the Defense Department’s own accounting.

She does that and then the hive swarms, blaming her for citing Defense Department records when it turns out, the problem stems from the Defense Department’s own struggles with accurate accounting.

In other words, the problem lies solely with the Defense Department but the cult is programmed to defend the Pentagon and attack Democrats.

:04::04: :itsok:

RNzVefF.jpg

They’re all talking about nominal figures. The discrepancy comes from the Defense Department whose own records indicate $21 trillion in misappropriated spending. That’s what Cortez referenced — the Defense Department’s own accounting.

She does that and then the hive swarms, blaming her for citing Defense Department records when it turns out, the problem stems from the Defense Department’s own struggles with accurate accounting.

In other words, the problem lies solely with the Defense Department but the cult is programmed to defend the Pentagon and attack Democrats.
Hilarious watching you lie for your new superstar.

Hilarious watching you lie for your new superstar.
Oh? What’s the lie?

“Fact checkers at PolitiFact and the Washington Post deemed a claim from newly elected congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez about Pentagon accounting errors worthy of a “False” rating and of “Four Pinocchios” respectively.”

Ocasio-Cortez Falsely Claims Pentagon Waste Could Pay For Most of Single-Payer Healthcare

“Fact checkers at PolitiFact and the Washington Post deemed a claim from newly elected congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez about Pentagon accounting errors worthy of a “False” rating and of “Four Pinocchios” respectively.”

Ocasio-Cortez Falsely Claims Pentagon Waste Could Pay For Most of Single-Payer Healthcare
You’re insanely rightarded. :cuckoo:

That’s now the second article you linked which states what I said....

”The discrepancy comes from the Defense Department whose own records indicate $21 trillion in misappropriated spending.” ~ Faun

... which you idiotically called a lie.

14ndylk.jpg

Last edited:

”The discrepancy comes from the Defense Department whose own records indicate $21 trillion in misappropriated spending.”

14ndylk.jpg
FOUR Pinocchio’s.

She’s a dumber liar than Trump.

”The discrepancy comes from the Defense Department whose own records indicate $21 trillion in misappropriated spending.”

14ndylk.jpg
FOUR Pinocchio’s.

And you still called me a liar for repeating what you’ve now posted twice.

”The $21 trillion figure represents a summation of poorly documented internal financial transfers, so that the same dollar can be transferred back and forth many times over. That’s how you end up with a total amount of mis-documented financial flows that far exceeds the amount of money that’s being actually spent.” ~ Vox

“The $21 trillion figure tallies up internal financial transfers that would not pass muster in an audit” ~ politifact

”The discrepancy comes from the Defense Department whose own records indicate $21 trillion in misappropriated spending.” ~ Faun

14ndylk.jpg

14ndylk.jpg
FOUR Pinocchio’s.

”The $21 trillion figure represents a summation of poorly documented internal financial transfers, so that the same dollar can be transferred back and forth many times over. That’s how you end up with a total amount of mis-documented financial flows that far exceeds the amount of money that’s being actually spent.” ~ Vox

“The $21 trillion figure tallies up internal financial transfers that would not pass muster in an audit” ~ politifact

14ndylk.jpg
Dufus, repeating that crop circles are from UFOs because it was on the Internet does not make the messenger blameless for repeating the BS.

14ndylk.jpg
FOUR Pinocchio’s.

14ndylk.jpg
Dufus, repeating that crop circles are from UFOs because it was on the Internet does not make the messenger blameless for repeating the BS.
Damn, you’re a special kind of rightarded.

I never said she was blameless. I explained where the $21 trillion figure came from. For posting that, you said I was lying; meanwhile, you’ve now posted two different articles offering the same explanation.

Meaning if I was lying, so were the articles you posted.

2s0blvo.jpg

As for the 21 trillion...

Has Our Government Spent $21 Trillion Of Our Money Without Telling Us?

Hell, even the guy that debunks that the money is missing does not question the 21 trillion dollar figure...

Debunked: Missing $21 Trillion / $6.5 Trillion / $2.3 Trillion - Journal Vouchers

Bwhawaawawawa!

You are now defending a moron?

To funny.

We are seeing the fruits of Common Core.

Another person who does not know anything about Common Core is heard from!

How many 13 year-old post on this message board?

Why were tougher standards blamed for people being stupid?

She's definitely good entertainment ! :biggrin:

BBQszaq.img

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez’s $21 trillion mistake

“$21 TRILLION of Pentagon financial transactions ‘could not be traced, documented, or explained.’ $21T in Pentagon accounting errors. Medicare for All costs ~$32T. That means 66% of Medicare for All could have been funded already by the Pentagon.”

— Rep.-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), in a tweet, Dec. 2, 2018

The Defense Department is awash with money. So much money that neither the staff nor 1,200 auditors could make sense of where it all went. (The Pentagon recently failed its first big audit in history.)

Enter Ocasio-Cortez. She supports expanding Medicare to people under 65, what’s known as single-payer or Medicare-for-all. But the big question is how to pay for all that health care. According to an estimate from the Urban Institute, the price tag on Sen. Bernie Sanders’s Medicare-for-all proposal would be $32 trillion over 10 years.

Donkey Face puts on red lipstick like that Black woman who looks like James Brown. Anyone have the explanation?

Forum List

Back