🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Occupy Donations Buy Out Student Debt And Forgives It

How about funding higher ed via the states so that there was no insane debt to begin with?

Why should other people pay for your adult education?

Wrong question.

The question is: knowing that uneducated populace is a detriment to our society AND we compete globally, what purpose does it serve to continuously reduce funding for higher ed?

How about funding higher ed via the states so that there was no insane debt to begin with?

How about, not nearly everyone needs to go to college? How about, let's look at the industry of higher education and their disturbing connection to government funded loans?

Hike up tuition and don't worry, because the rubes gotta git edumacted and somebody dang gonna pay fer it.

What a fucking scam the colleges and universities have going. Billion dollar endowments, all of them. Money pits filled with the cash of suckers. Great work if you can get it.

I agree with that. I think you should look at it. I think you should look at the consistent defunding of public education via higher ed and the increase of loans.

Occupy abolishes 4 million in other people s student loan debt - Yahoo Finance

Yes, some good news of something effective Occupy is still working on.
Even if you don't agree, at least these people who do believe in forgiving debts
are paying for it themselves by collecting donations voluntarily from others in agreement.

NOT forcing it on taxpayers who don't consent.
I hope Democrats learn from this model.
If you want something done, organize resources and do it yourself!
Baloney....Someone HAS to pay up....It just doesn't go away.

we should all go take out a loan and ask those saintly Occupiers to pay it for us..

Wrong question.

The question is: knowing that uneducated populace is a detriment to our society AND we compete globally, what purpose does it serve to continuously reduce funding for higher ed?

No, the question I asked was exactly correct. You're an adult you need to be responsible for yourself. If you want to further your education then you need to pay for it just like I did and millions of others. Period.

Wrong question.

No, the question I asked was exactly correct. You're an adult you need to be responsible for yourself. If you want to further your education then you need to pay for it just like I did and millions of others. Period.

Is it? So, just so we are clear, we want to make sure that only the elite have access to an education. Because that is where we are at.
From Master Plan to No Plan The Slow Death of Public Higher Education Dissent Magazine

Or do you just want to make sure that now that you got yours that nobody else can get theirs?

Last edited:

How about, not nearly everyone needs to go to college? How about, let's look at the industry of higher education and their disturbing connection to government funded loans?

Hike up tuition and don't worry, because the rubes gotta git edumacted and somebody dang gonna pay fer it.

What a fucking scam the colleges and universities have going. Billion dollar endowments, all of them. Money pits filled with the cash of suckers. Great work if you can get it.

I agree with that. I think you should look at it. I think you should look at the consistent defunding of public education via higher ed and the increase of loans.
It's not the job of government to fund overpriced tuition for morons. the end.

From Master Plan to No Plan The Slow Death of Public Higher Education Dissent Magazine

Then you too are for making sure that only the elite can obtain an education. How quaint.

Then you too are for making sure that only the elite can obtain an education. How quaint.

The reason college is so expensive is because loans are given out like water. Having "government"( my tax dollars) fund it does nothing to make it more affordable, it just increases the massive endowments the schools already have.

Use your head. The bumper sticker preaching is weak.

The reason college is so expensive is because loans are given out like water. Having "government"( my tax dollars) fund it does nothing to make it more affordable, it just increases the massive endowments the schools already have.

The reason that it is so expensive is because the funding to higher ed decreased. It's history.

The reason that it is so expensive is because the funding to higher ed decreased. It's history.
That's garbage, plain and simple. It's expensive because the money flows like Niagra.

Why do you think the Feds took over all student loans? Talk about crony capitalism. All under the guise of education. Not to mention this ridiculous notion that most young people need to go to college to begin with. The stupidity of the sheeple is profound.

That's garbage, plain and simple. It's expensive because the money flows like Niagra.

Why do you think the Feds took over all student loans? Talk about crony capitalism. All under the guise of education. Not to mention this ridiculous notion that people need to go to college to begin with. The stupidity of the sheeple is profound.

Nobody is saying that everybody needs to go to college. Nor is there any reason whatsoever to imply that they do. The facts are that when the states decrease funding the tuition increases. The repercussions from this are that only the elite will attend college. We compete in a global market. You don't have to like it but there it is.

Why do you think the Feds took over all student loans? Talk about crony capitalism. All under the guise of education. Not to mention this ridiculous notion that apeople need to go to college to begin with. The stupidity of the sheeple is profound.

Why do you think the Feds took over all student loans? Talk about crony capitalism. All under the guise of education. Not to mention this ridiculous notion that people need to go to college to begin with. The stupidity of the sheeple is profound.

Nobody is saying that everybody needs to go to college. Nor is there any reason whatsoever to imply that they do. The facts are that when the states decrease funding the tuition increases. The repercussions from this are that only the elite will attend college. We compete in a global market. You don't have to like it but there it is.

Nonsense. Tuition goes up because they can get away with it. If the issue is merely loss of funds, why are the endowments so massive? Why are state schools growing into their own municipalities? It's a business, sold to morons, under the guise of being good for society. It's a fucking business and a huge business. I know half a dozen professors in nearby big universities. I know what goes on. they have plenty of cash.

You simply grasp a narrative that suits your leftist ideas. Unfortunately, you are grasping at ether.

When states cut funding then the increase in tuition covers the gap. It's pretty simple stuff there.

When states cut funding then the increase in tuition covers the gap. It's pretty simple stuff there.

The schools are so loaded with cash that they need to find reasons to spend it; I know this for a fact. No offense, but you are simply misguided on the subject.

Billions.

Is this your response to everything? Asking someone on the internet to fix the nations problems with a check?

Naturally, you're not going to get off your ass or give any of your own wealth away for your cause; you expect everybody else to do it for you because America is ...yanno fuck it, you dont give a shit about America. You just like the flag colors.

MY cause? See thats what you dont get. America and the health of this nation should be ALL of our cause. I could give my entire future and past income and it wouldnt make a difference there (but you know that). So you come up with these stupid solutions that aint solutions at all.

I dont expect anyone to do anything for me. I dont live in Detroit but I do consider it part of America and should receive help. You dont have one fucking answer on why we should bail out Israel every year ("bailout" lol look at Israel shit is nicer than parts of America) but we should ignore the rampant crime, joblessness and state of an entire US City.

Oh, Pennywise, I hope you live to see exactly what you created/deserve. It will be funtastic. Endowments come with stipulations.

In fact, I'm hoping that you live a long life so that you can watch the increase of 25K a year for every child to have a basic education: elementary/high school.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back