Occupy Wall Street: The Movement Grows

Oh, for God's sake.... it's been linked at least twice in this thread alone. And it's been pasted verbatum at least once. What the hell is the matter with you? Are you still in a high chair?

I work on the theory that, if I am going to participate in a discussion about a topic.... I fucking read up on it.

1) There are over 540 posts - sorry I haven't met you high standards and read every single post. I'm sure you have read every single one, right?
2) I have looked at the site. There are many different views. In fact, some have posted that some of the posts do not represent the views of the OWS folk, which is why I want you to be more specific. If you can't, no big deal.
3) I'm out of my high chair, but it appears you are still throwing toys out of your cot....

Your laziness is not my problem. The list is there. I'm not spoon feeding people who can't be bothered to find information for themselves.

But one of those 'demands' is a global 'drop all debt'. Nice that a bunch of whiners in Wall Street can demand how your country behaves, huh?

Just in case going up a couple of posts is too hard for ya, here:

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

You know, I knew your snippiness/self-righteousness would come back and bite you in the arse.

I know of this list of demands. You obviously missed this part, in bold, right at the top by the site's admin:

Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands.

In spite of the deceptive nonsense being spewed by the corporatist propaganda machine there is absolutely no intention at any level of this movement to "do away with capitalism." This Nation's economy was doing just fine with its regulated capitalist base until 1980, when the emerging corporatocracy installed the puppet from General Electric who initiated Milton Friedman's so called "trickle down" which turned out to be siphon up economics. What we are seeing now is incremental disassembly of the middle class and the purpose of this movement is to put a stop to it.

If you belong to the middle class you would do well to realize it's a matter of time until the neo-Robber Barons of Wall Street get around to doing to you and yours what they've already done to millions of formerly secure working class Americans.

Snicker...

Gufaw..

BWAHAHAHAHA

What a fucking retard.

Milton Feidman's "Trickle Down," funniest thing I've ever heard...

1) There are over 540 posts - sorry I haven't met you high standards and read every single post. I'm sure you have read every single one, right?
2) I have looked at the site. There are many different views. In fact, some have posted that some of the posts do not represent the views of the OWS folk, which is why I want you to be more specific. If you can't, no big deal.
3) I'm out of my high chair, but it appears you are still throwing toys out of your cot....

Your laziness is not my problem. The list is there. I'm not spoon feeding people who can't be bothered to find information for themselves.

But one of those 'demands' is a global 'drop all debt'. Nice that a bunch of whiners in Wall Street can demand how your country behaves, huh?

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the "Books." World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the "Books." And I don't mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

You know, I knew your snippiness/self-righteousness would come back and bite you in the arse.

I know of this list of demands. You obviously missed this part, in bold, right at the top by the site's admin:

Admin note: This is not an official list of demands. This is a forum post submitted by a single user and hyped by irresponsible news/commentary agencies like Fox News and Mises.org. This content was not published by the OccupyWallSt.org collective, nor was it ever proposed or agreed to on a consensus basis with the NYC General Assembly. There is NO official list of demands.

No, I didn't miss it. I find it very amusing. Their 'get out of jail free' card. :lol:

Disclaimer: We can say anything we want and then pretend it wasn't our idea. Classic shit.

No, I didn't miss it. I find it very amusing. Their 'get out of jail free' card. :lol:

Disclaimer: We can say anything we want and then pretend it wasn't our idea. Classic shit.

Why would they bother....

Funnily enough I agree with regard to the ponzi scheme, to a point

Everything else has gone over your head. Being a right-wing loon, that is no surprise. Any indepth discussion that goes past two sentences has you floundering...

Bravado won't hide the fact that you are an uneducated buffoon with no grasp at all of economic theory. You have no clue what Laissez Faire capitalism is, and really should be slapped by the invisible hand.

You are of the envy and greed driven left who holds an economic philosophy espoused simply in "Gimmee Gimmee Gimmee."

The OWS fools are drooling slobs with Union goons co-opting their idiotic temper tantrum. Not one of you dolts can elucidate a coherent message from the OWS crowd. You try to chant Tea Party slogans but you don't have the requisite intellect to grasp the meaning behind it all.

Irrelevant now as this has devolved into nothing more than another SUEI greed fest where unions demand that everyone else sacrifice to feed their piggy snouts in the trough.

I am amazed so much drivel can be packed into one post....:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

OWS has no 'grass roots'. They are a bunch of kids being manipulated by a bunch of left wing whackjobs to further their global agenda.

You want these people telling your businesses in NZ what they can and can not do? Because that's what they want.

It's a bunch of kids trying to act like the Tea Party and failing miserably.

Liar.

I know you are.

Van Jones put out the word.

WASHINGTON -- Former White House environmental adviser Van Jones is calling on progressive activists to be more like the Tea Party in order to take back the momentum conservatives have built over the past two years.

In a speech at the Take Back The American Dream Conference in Washington, D.C. on Monday, Jones said that after studying everything he could about the Tea Party, he determined that progressives should move away from relying on a single leader to accomplish their goals.

"We have been on a one-sided offensive in this country where the worst people in America with the worst ideas have dominated the discussion," Jones said in a high-energy speech. "And I'm not mad at them. I'm not mad at the Tea Party. I'm not mad at them for being so loud. I'm mad at us for being so quiet."

Jones told the receptive crowd that the reason President Obama's campaign was so successful in 2008 was that it had progressive groups join together under a "meta-brand." After Obama's election, however, Jones said progressive groups became lazy and sat back.

Citing the "Occupy Wall Street" protests spreading around the country and progressives who protested at congressional town halls in August, Jones said they were already recapturing momentum.

Van Jones Calls On Progressives To Be More Like The Tea Party

You were saying?????

Interesting – I was listening to an ‘OWS’ person express the movement’s tenets and he sounded just like a member of the TPM.

Except slightly retarded!

That is exactly what the OWS dopers initially did, rehash Tea Party slogans (which suddenly Olbermann and Stewart demand are BRILLIANT) except they don't grasp the meaning of the words they say.

But that was BEFORE this became a SUEI greed outing, "Divert YOUR 401K to MY Union Pension - I WANT!"

Who's 'defending' Wall Street?

Liar.

How odd. Asking a question is now deemed a 'lie' by the left. The lack of logic is impressive.

LOL, you attended Oxford? How successful were you given your obvious reading comprehension difficulty?

My question was, "Why would anyone defend 'Wall Street'?" A question you decided was a statement that some were defending Wall Street. Clearly my question was based on the egregious nature of wall street, i.e. abject greed, and how no one would defend such behavior.

A TV pundit pointed out today that obama chastizes the banks for taking risks with other people's money and then he :clap2: the solyndra debacle as just the sort of risk we should be taking with other people's money. I'm just ashamed I didn't think of that first. but oh the reality bites.

It amazes me the stupidity that walks this planet. Mobs abound protesting the very thing they want to become...successful & rich. The problem is...they don't want to work for it. Instead the want to be lifetime students, text each other all day instead of having a conversation, or play video games until they have no more sense of reality. Here's an idea...get a job, get a life, and get a clue...then you will have plenty of meaningful things to protest about.

It amazes me the stupidity that walks this planet. Mobs abound protesting the very thing they want to become...successful & rich. The problem is...they don't want to work for it. Instead the want to be lifetime students, text each other all day instead of having a conversation, or play video games until they have no more sense of reality. Here's an idea...get a job, get a life, and get a clue...then you will have plenty of meaningful things to protest about.

How do you know that all of the people in the streets want to be rich and successful but don't want to work?

Did you interview all of them? Or, did you listen to a few kooks - or are you repeating the comments of a few kooks?

I think you're full of shit, and a pile of shit is of the same value as your opinion.

That's your opinion and that's fine, but you don't know me and you don't know anything about me, you haven't interviewed me therefore you can't make any statement about what I am or am not full of.

Obviously, you must be one of those leftwing kooks with their head up their ass. How's the view from there? Pretty shitty huh! That's why you have a shitty attitude.

Just remember...

Opinions are like assholes...everybody has one...some just stink more than others and I suspect yours is pretty rank.

That's your opinion and that's fine, but you don't know me and you don't know anything about me, you haven't interviewed me therefore you can't make any statement about what I am or am not full of. .

And yet you can make claims about the OWS based on soundbites on a television station..

As mentioned already in this thread...those in glass houses...

Can you imagine how many incredibly stupid names will be thought up for the kids that will no doubt be conceived at these "protest" parties? :razz:

Nobody could be more stupid then the Tea Party Geriatrics who called themselves "teabaggers" before they knew it had sexual innuendo attached to it.

Except maybe ..... Someone who see's Himself getting Flipped off every time He sees His Avatar. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not all Tea Party Members cruise the Village or Soho, bathrooms like you I guess, so the term was alien to them. Anderson Cooper and Others picked right up on it though, huh. ;)

So, what is it that the OWS wants?

They deny what was on their site and their site now says they are not an official site.

The posters here who claim to be part of them say they only want dialog.

But, they don't articulate what that means.

They claim they have no demands.

So, seriously....WTF?

I don't base "my opinions" upon TV or radio sound bytes, because for the most part...the media sucks. The issue is not about the OWS protesting...it's what they are protesting about that is the issue...economic equality. So tell me, how do you achieve economic equality in a world that isn't equal in the first place. The protests are displays of class evny. OWS is mad because someone has more money than they do. So I guess they want Peter Pan Obama to swoop in and pilage others riches and distribute it to them...we already do that...It's called TAXES. So what else is it?

Remember what the Bible says...Thou shall not covet!

oops. anti semetic slurs!!:eek: nooo way!:eusa_hand:

]Anti-Semitism at Occupy Wall Street Protest [CLEAN VERSION] - YouTube

I am sure we'll see replays of this moment on nbc abc cbs cnn mslsd etc....that darn wall st movement, bunch of rednecks..:lol:

My gast.... it's totally flabbered. :eek:
Saw that coming. It's a protest... all the protesters want to join in the fun.

I am speechless with flabbergastness too.

and so is kitteh.

funny-pictures-speechless-with-flabbergastedness.jpg

Forum List

Back