Of 953,000 Jobs Created In 2013, 77%, Or 731,000 Are Part-Time

Jroc

יעקב כהן
Oct 19, 2010
Michigan
Obama's new economy...

When the payroll report was released last month, the world finally noticed what we had been saying for nearly three years: that the US was slowly being converted to a part-time worker society. This slow conversion accelerated drastically in the last few months, and especially in June, when part time jobs exploded higher by 360K while full time jobs dropped by 240K. In July we are sad to report that America's conversation to a part-time worker society is not "tapering": according to the Household Survey, of the 266K jobs created (note this number differs from the establishment survey), only 35% of jobs, or 92K, were full time.

Obamacare Full Frontal: Of 953,000 Jobs Created In 2013, 77%, Or 731,000 Are Part-Time | Zero Hedge

Won't be hearing too much from the left about this information.
It sounds so much better to hear how many jobs were created and the lowering of a still high unemployment number.

Just goes to show that you can put lipstick on a pig....but it's still a pig. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Obama's new economy...

When the payroll report was released last month, the world finally noticed what we had been saying for nearly three years: that the US was slowly being converted to a part-time worker society. This slow conversion accelerated drastically in the last few months, and especially in June, when part time jobs exploded higher by 360K while full time jobs dropped by 240K. In July we are sad to report that America's conversation to a part-time worker society is not "tapering": according to the Household Survey, of the 266K jobs created (note this number differs from the establishment survey), only 35% of jobs, or 92K, were full time.

Obamacare Full Frontal: Of 953,000 Jobs Created In 2013, 77%, Or 731,000 Are Part-Time | Zero Hedge

If true (Because this has basically been debunked).

What's your problem with this?

Obama's new economy...

If true (Because this has basically been debunked).

What's your problem with this?
You said it, now debunk it....or, are you just voicing your opinion? :eusa_whistle:

What's the problem with most jobs being just part time? You seriously asking that question?
Tells me that businesses are certainly concerned about the upcoming implementation of obummercare.
The foodstamp population just keeps growing and growing and you have to ask, "What's your problem with this?"

Last edited:
Obama's new economy...

Knowing Zero Hedge always lies I checked the numbers myself.

There are 980,000 new jobs so far in 2013, 327,000 are part time for economic reasons, or 33%.

What Zero Hedge dishonestly did to support their lie that the US is being converted to a part time worker society was include those workers who want to only work part time, 365,000, as those converted to part time against their will.

The CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood will always try to deceive you, never believe anything they say, always check for yourself.

Household data series from the monthly A Tables

Last edited:
Obama's new economy...

There are 980,000 new jobs so far in 2013, 327,000 are part time for economic reasons, or 33%.

What Zero Hedge dishonestly did to support their lie that the US is being converted to a part time worker society was include those workers who want to only work part time, 365,000, as those converted to part time against their will.

The CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood will always try to deceive you, never believe anything they say, always check for yourself.

What constitutes a full time job these days? :eusa_whistle:

I recall that during the Bush years, the left would whinge about McJobs...now they think that turning full time jobs into McJobs is a good idea.

Go figure.

Obama's new economy...

Why don't you give a direct link to your numbers, Ed?

Geeze I don't have enough hours in the day to try and figure out where those numbers came from and exactly the wording to get to those numbers you used.

What constitutes a full time job these days? :eusa_whistle:
The Right are always too lazy to figure anything out for themselves even after I provided the link for their lazy asses.

The BLS defines part time as 1 to 34 hours per week.

Zero Hedge has some of the most astute economic analysis on the internets...no wonder Ed can't stand it...reality makes his brain 'splode.

Geeze I don't have enough hours in the day to try and figure out where those numbers came from and exactly the wording to get to those numbers you used.
Because you have to check off search parameters and they are not retained if you post the link of the completed search. Stop being such a lazy fuck, that is what the Right takes advantage of to deceive you suckers!!!

This is what you get:

Notice: Data not available: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

Last edited:
Zero Hedge has some of the most astute economic analysis on the internets...no wonder Ed can't stand it...reality makes his brain 'splode.
Only to people too stupid or lazy to check for themselves. For those who can think and reason for themselves, Zero Hedge are professional deceivers preying on the gullible.

BVecause you have to check off search parameters and they are not retained if you post the link of the completed search. Stop being such a lazy fuck, that is what thr Right takes advantage of to deceive you suckers!!!

This is what you get:

That sounds about right for your level of intellect: Data Not Available.

Good job!
The perpetual dumb act again, so typical of the High Misinformation Voter.

Meister asked why I didn't give a direct link to the numbers and I posted what you get if you try to do that.

What you have to do is use the link I provided to access tables A-1 and A-8 and check off boxes for seasonally adjusted part time workers for economic reasons and non economic reasons in table A-8, and check off the box for seasonally adjusted employed on table A-1. Then you do a little subtraction to get the numbers.

Here is the master link again, you should bookmark it!

Because you have to check off search parameters and they are not retained if you post the link of the completed search. Stop being such a lazy fuck, that is what the Right takes advantage of to deceive you suckers!!!

This is what you get:

then simply take a screen shot and post it....*shrugs*

Obama's new economy...

you should really slow your roll on that crap ed...it looks and sounds stupid.

you should really slow your roll on that crap ed...it looks and sounds stupid.
You don't care that Zero Hedge made a sucker out of you earlier in this thread, no, what has you chapped is a word I coined. Deliberate deception, no problem; descriptive word, intolerable. :cuckoo:

BVecause you have to check off search parameters and they are not retained if you post the link of the completed search. Stop being such a lazy fuck, that is what thr Right takes advantage of to deceive you suckers!!!

This is what you get:

That sounds about right for your level of intellect: Data Not Available.

Good job!
The perpetual dumb act again, so typical of the High Misinformation Voter.

Meister asked why I didn't give a direct link to the numbers and I posted what you get if you try to do that.

What you have to do is use the link I provided to access tables A-1 and A-8 and check off boxes for seasonally adjusted part time workers for economic reasons and non economic reasons in table A-8, and check off the box for seasonally adjusted employed on table A-1. Then you do a little subtraction to get the numbers.

Here is the master link again, you should bookmark it!

You do realise that the numbers we are looking at are the numbers from the Household survey, correct? These statistics are different from the establishment survey, although these statistics are all computed by the BLS. The Household survey is the data everyone looks at for the amount of part-time jobs and full-time jobs created from month to month. This is reported in Table 9, not Table 1 or 8. You're looking in the wrong section. Common mistake, but doesn't surprise me a bit.

Table A-9. Selected employment indicators

From June - July 2013, there were 92,000 full time jobs created and 174,000 part time jobs created for in-between these months. Meaning there was an increase in 266,000 jobs according to the household survey. Which also means that 35% of the jobs created were full-time and 65% of the jobs were part time. All one has to do is go back to all the full-time and part-time jobs created between January and this current month.

fredgraph.png

222,000 full-time jobs were created from January to this current month. During the same time period, 731,000 part-time jobs were created. Simple addition would tell you that there were 953,000 jobs created from the start of this year. You also don't need to be a math wiz to understand that 731K is a far bigger number than 222K, and also much closer to 953K.

ZeroHedge is not wrong. Your research is just very bad. If you are going to criticise one of the leading financial news post on the internet, you can at least come correct. Instead, you just came off as a bumbling fool who doesn't understand the data he is passing off.

Forum List

Back