Officer suspended for hitting woman...but who hit who first?

Officer suspended after video shows him hitting woman at Florida airport

Officer suspended after video shows him hitting woman at Florida airport

In the video, which was posted on Twitter by South Florida filmmaker Billy Corbin, shows a Miami-Dade police officer, who was wearing a face mask, speaking to a Black woman inside an airport terminal on Wednesday.

The woman, who was not wearing a face mask, becomes irate, saying, “You acting like you white when you really Black...what you want to do?” She approaches the officer, and puts her face right next to his, the video shows. The officer then punches her in the face.

“She headbutted me,” the officer says as says as other officers rush in to handcuff her.
Video at link.

This woman was irate about a flight she was to be on. She screamed at the officer, getting closer and closer until her head hit his. She was definitely the aggressor. Should this officer be suspended? Should that woman be arrested? I'll be damned if she gets a penny in a lawsuit.
Nope. Her fault.

You look at things in a to partisan manner. There are many spiteful and vindictive people. Some emboldened by their educations and/or propaganda and/or their lot in life and/or power of position.

Sorry? What party did the woman belong to that I posted?

And he had every right to arrest her for assault and battery on a police officer (felony), and a hate crime.

Had he done that without bitch-slapping her, he would have been 100% in the right. He let his temper get the best of him, and does not have the temperament for the job.

All that aside, she deserved to be bitch slapped. Even though I agree that masks are bullshit. It's not the cops fault that he must follow orders.

She got in his face but never touches him.

You would have to prove she intentionally touched him.
No we dont

if you back into another car in the parking lot does it only count when the victim can prove it was intentional?

She had no business being that close to him in the first place

again, why is it so often black people who are physically confrontational?

Same reason why if confronted by a threat that you can escape from in most states, it is your duty to try to run away or leave the scene and only use deadly force as a last result if you have no choice.

He could have stepped back, given her a warning, then arrested HER for disorderly conduct if she persisted and kept his job.

That's what SMART people do.

Because the system is slanted away from civilized people to the barbarians.

THe barbarian is granted higher status, by law and practice. A civilized person, reacting appropriately to a threat and/or fighting words and/or physical provocation, is held to a higher standard and destroyed for not behaving like a second class citizen should.

did the white woman physically assault the black guy to the point that violence ensued?

if so I never heard about it

the issue that libs complain about is black people getting killed

if not by the cops but by civilians also

and even by other blacks for whom disputes often end up with gunfire

a number of black children starting as young as 1year old have died in recent weeks from gunfire

do you want to blame that on white people too?

The question was asked about an attitude.

You would have to prove she intentionally touched him. It looked more like incidental contact to me.

If they charged her with a felony, for sure, she could have plea bargained it down to a misdemeanor, but not with the false testimony saying it was a headbutt.
She got so close to his face that it can be nothing but her intent to make contact in an offensive way. She certainly intended to walk right up to his face.

Forum List

Back