Official 2010 Baseball Thread

I can't figger it out...

Twins are even with the Skankees and Rays for home field throughout the playoffs, yet Gardenhire keeps plugging three and four AAA ham-n-eggers into the lineups.

He's killin' me!

Especially considering your huge home advantage. Some of the talking heads think you guys have a shot at the title, but one thing they all agree on is that you need home field advantage or you're toast.

Looks like here will be your National League playoffs.
East Champ Phillies vs Wild Card San Diego
West Champ Giants vs Central Champ Reds.

The Rockies are finally toast and the Braves are grasping for air.

Giants staff in the playoffs finally combined with decent offense ...Very scary!!!!!

Phillies will beat Padres in 5
Giants beat Reds in 5

Phillies/Giants go seven with Lincecum beating Halladay in Philadelphia. Pat Burrell game winning homer vs former team.

Giants beat Yankees in game seven in San Francisco.

Last edited:

Giants staff in the playoffs finally combined with decent offense ...Very scary!!!!!

Giants beat Reds in 5

Phillies/Giants go seven with Lincecum beating Halladay in Philadelphia. Pat Burrell game winning homer vs former team.

You need last year's rotation with this year's offense. You don't have what it takes this year, sorry bud.

And Halladay wouldn't pitch game 7, he'd pitch game 6 with regular rest. This assumes he's the game 1 starter, which I think is a pretty safe bet.

Game 2 is a toss-up between Hamels and Oswalt judging on stats alone, but with your righty-heavy lineup I would have to assume Oswalt gets game 2.

That would mean Oswalt would start game 7 with regular rest, with a possibility of Hamels available out of the pen.

Giants beat Reds in 5

You need last year's rotation with this year's offense. You don't have what it takes this year, sorry bud.

And Halladay wouldn't pitch game 7, he'd pitch game 6 with regular rest. This assumes he's the game 1 starter, which I think is a pretty safe bet.

Game 2 is a toss-up between Hamels and Oswalt judging on stats alone, but with your righty-heavy lineup I would have to assume Oswalt gets game 2.

That would mean Oswalt would start game 7 with regular rest, with a possibility of Hamels available out of the pen.

I'll definitely take this years rotation especially with the historic september they've had. 19 out of 20 games they held their opponents to 3 runs or less. NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY since 1917 has done that. that's 93 friggin years. Best pitching staff and hottest pitching staff in the majors. I'll take this years. Giants are the only staff that can slow down the phillies. It's gonna be fun we'll have a lot to talk about in the NLCS. You can bet your firstborn child that's who's gonna be playin in the nlcs. Giants Phillies.

Giants beat Reds in 5

I'll definitely take this years rotation especially with the historic september they've had. 19 out of 20 games they held their opponents to 3 runs or less. NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY since 1917 has done that. that's 93 friggin years. Best pitching staff and hottest pitching staff in the majors. I'll take this years. Giants are the only staff that can slow down the phillies. It's gonna be fun we'll have a lot to talk about in the NLCS. You can bet your firstborn child that's who's gonna be playin in the nlcs. Giants Phillies.

That's only slightly better than our rotation at this point. Our 1-2-3 are 13-0 with an ERA under 3 in their last 13, and Blanton's been solid as well since the break.

Our lineup also has much more potential against your staff than your lineup does against ours.

We also have the playoff experience, whereas you have a roster consisting mostly of first-timers.

I'm not being a homer here when I say you are out-matched. It's just the way it is.

But we still have to not only get to that point, but play the games as well. I'd like to see you guys in the NLCS. This is the first year so far that I'm not worried about any of the AL teams.

Last edited:
ugly fukin game by my yanks....i see an early playoff depature the way this team is playing

That's only slightly better than our rotation at this point. Our 1-2-3 are 13-0 with an ERA under 3 in their last 13, and Blanton's been solid as well since the break.

Our lineup also has much more potential against your staff than your lineup does against ours.

We also have the playoff experience, whereas you have a roster consisting mostly of first-timers.

I'm not being a homer here when I say you are out-matched. It's just the way it is.

But we still have to not only get to that point, but play the games as well. I'd like to see you guys in the NLCS. This is the first year so far that I'm not worried about any of the AL teams.

not gonna argue with you on that front. The Phillies unquestionably have the superior experience. At least as far as their lineup goes. the rotation is largely unexperienced in the playoffs though, however good they are. It will be interesting to see the great pitching matchups. But I'll say this: They're two very good teams right now. The Giants are fully healthy and beaming with confidence. and I honestly don't see the reds or the padres getting past the first round. so All I'm saying is that it will be a good series and either team could win. But you will find the Giants to be anything but overmatched!

not gonna argue with you on that front. The Phillies unquestionably have the superior experience. At least as far as their lineup goes. the rotation is largely unexperienced in the playoffs though, however good they are. It will be interesting to see the great pitching matchups. But I'll say this: They're two very good teams right now. The Giants are fully healthy and beaming with confidence. and I honestly don't see the reds or the padres getting past the first round. so All I'm saying is that it will be a good series and either team could win. But you will find the Giants to be anything but overmatched!

Only one in our rotation who hasn't seen playoff action is Halladay, and I'm pretty sure he's going to handle it ok.

Last edited:
Well that was an interesting turn of events. I didn't see the padres missing the playoffs.... I can't even imagine the agony in San Diego right now after the season they had. they just became last years Giants. but even worse because they choked in September with huge iron clad lead of 71/2 games going into september. Now it's outski and they let a struggling Braves team that was trying to miss the playoffs get in.

I'm glad we get the Braves in the first round. I'll take my fresh and rested starting staff and bullpen in 4 games. maybe a sweep. I'll take lincecum over Derek Lowe to start game 1. The only game the braves should win is the Tim Hudson start, but that's assuming he doesn't get outpitched by Matt Cain.

Phillies will likely sweep

Well that was an interesting turn of events. I didn't see the padres missing the playoffs.... I can't even imagine the agony in San Diego right now after the season they had. they just became last years Giants. but even worse because they choked in September with huge iron clad lead of 71/2 games going into september. Now it's outski and they let a struggling Braves team that was trying to miss the playoffs get in.

I'm glad we get the Braves in the first round. I'll take my fresh and rested starting staff and bullpen in 4 games. maybe a sweep. I'll take lincecum over Derek Lowe to start game 1. The only game the braves should win is the Tim Hudson start, but that's assuming he doesn't get outpitched by Matt Cain.

Phillies will likely sweep

I'm not optimistic about a sweep. We haven't seen Volquez in a long time. I wouldn't be surprised if he baffles us a bit. It may be a pitching duel in game 1.

Roy Halladay throws 2nd no-hitter in postseason history!

I've watched more baseball games than I can even comprehend, and I've seen several no-hitters including Halladay's perfect game earlier this year, and I've NEVER seen a pitching performance as good as this one tonight.

That was just NASTY.

Roy Halladay throws 2nd no-hitter in postseason history!

I've watched more baseball games than I can even comprehend, and I've seen several no-hitters including Halladay's perfect game earlier this year, and I've NEVER seen a pitching performance as good as this one tonight.

That was just NASTY.

I watched the entire game riveted.

It's just that much sweeter that it was against the NL's top offense too.

Votto stepping out like that's gonna do SHIT :lol:

My son and I went to the Giants-Braves opener last night. 55 was on all night; two hit, one walk complete game shutout.
We got to AT&T two hours early to watch BP; since it's Fleet Week the Blue Angeles are in town and for one hour before the game we were treated to fly overs - maybe a dozen.
After the NA four planes flew right over our heads and they might have been 10 feet apart.
If anyone is going tonight, bring a good camera. We had only our cell phones, big mistake.

Matt Cain tonight, it's pizza and salad and (maybe a beer or two).

Oh, I'd be remiss not to shoutout to Wicked Jester, "How 'bout them Dodgers".

Here comes the 9th and the Reds have gone form 4-zip to getting creamed 4-7 and lucky it's only that.

:eusa_whistle:

sheesh

farking baseball, lol, oh well then. Still get to watch the Bungles get creamed for a few more months at least.

Forum List

Back