Official 2010 Baseball Thread

NY wins its third straight series, 6-2 behind Cano's 2 HR and nice pitching from the bull pen and starter Phil Hughes.

I'm reserving excitement about the Phils for now, considering we've only played 2 of the worst teams in baseball so far.

We have a 10 game trip coming up with some tough teams, so we'll see what we're really made of very soon. We miss Josh Johnson in Fla though, which is nice except for the fact that I'd just like to see us face a tough pitcher.

We only scored 2 runs against Oswalt, and that was the only game we DIDN'T bust out big, offensively.

So we faced Nolasco last night, a good pitcher, and only scored 1.

So the only 2 pitchers we've faced that are good, Nolasco and Oswalt, we've scored a total of 2 runs against.

Interesting...

Yeah but he wasn't hurt yet when we faced Oswalt, and still got nothing. Plus, we still scored our almost 8 runs/game average against all the mediocre pitchers we faced after he got hurt.

Victorino can pretty much replace Rollins offense out of the leadoff spot. And so far Juan Castro has been filling in nicely as well.

We have SF coming up. Not sure if we'll see Lincecum, I'd have to go check the schedules. But I'd like to at least see him or Cain. It's time to find out how real this offense really is.

And the answer is.......Johnny will have a big year.

The over/under on how many runners he throws out at the plate is 0.5, and i'm taking the under. :lol:

That's a fair point. Actually, I'd still take the under if he was playing shortstop.

We both lose, Mani.

Damon gunned an Angel last night trying to take 2nd on a sac fly to medium left. That said, he's probably the only outfielder in the league whose arm they would have tried to run on from that depth. I could have made the throw.

I DVRd it and watched it 3 or 4 times to check it really was Damon.

Forum List

Back