Official 2020 November Election Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yang/Mayor Pete versus Romney/Huntsman would be pretty cool...but I'm hoping for a new crop of flesh, minus the lack of character ala Trump.

Mayor Pete?

I thought he was excellent, though a little young.

But the Democratic Party will have a big dilemma - a black/Indian woman v a gay man.

Oh, the tension!
Pete has been smashing GOP cult Misinformation on Fox for the last month. He earned his badge, and I also respect Veterans.

Romney shows he can defy a party on principle.

Yang is empirical and forward thinking.

Huntsman is a really good man.
Stop trolling. Romney is 76? He is done with politics after this. Nikki Haley will run in 2024

Yang/Mayor Pete versus Romney/Huntsman would be pretty cool...but I'm hoping for a new crop of flesh, minus the lack of character ala Trump.

Mayor Pete?

But the Democratic Party will have a big dilemma - a black/Indian woman v a gay man.

Oh, the tension!
Pete has been smashing GOP cult Misinformation on Fox for the last month. He earned his badge, and I also respect Veterans.

Stop trolling. Romney is 76? He is done with politics after this. Nikki Haley will run in 2024

She's hamstrung with Trump baggage.

Mayor Pete?

Oh, the tension!

And she's gonna have a hard time running against an incumbent President Harris.

Mayor Pete?

Oh, the tension!

No one will care four years from now.

Mayor Pete?

Oh, the tension!

Maybe. It feels like a lifetime from now. Depends on the economy, etc. hopefully by then COVID is a distant memory. You a Harris fan? Shocking. Stupid walking corpse.

They impeached Trump for asking the Ukranians to investigate Biden and his son.

What should we do if Biden becomes President?

It seems he should be impeached.

You'd have to win the House first. How's that going?
Are you gloating that Biden will get away with his crimes?

I'm gloating at your impotence.
You will have to start shooting and arresting people if you stay on this road. Are you prepared to do that?

Mayor Pete?

Oh, the tension!

Perhaps. 2022 may be the key to 2024. If the DNC is smart (insert joke here) they should decide in the next 10 days that Burr and Perdue (NC and GA senators) are the targets. Johnson in PA and Toomey in WI are also good targets but those may be organically competitive given the recent trends where DEM governors won elections in both states. Anyway...field some rockstar candidates in all 4 places and do your best to win the Senate. When I say "rockstar" candidates...I am looking at Mark Kelly out here in AZ. He looks like he's going through 8 different types of hell half the time and he won the race. This isn't the best use of his talents but he was able to win because he's a brand name.

I don't mean her in name but Julianne Moore. I have no idea what she thinks about politics but she's from NC (army kid I think) and she'll have some name recognition. Emily Procter...also from NC. Chris Paul; NBA all-star. He's pretty astute politically.

The electorate is changing folks. While I don't embrace that celebrities are the way to go...they are the way to win elections more and more. Atlanta-metro has tons of people who can challenge of the same ilk.

**Edit--I forgot my point. LOL

Anyway, If you hold the house in 2022 and get the senate in 2022; then you can pass some legislation that will set up the 2024 run regardless of the nominee. If I'm Biden; you've got to govern but I think you govern with an eye on the midterms. Don't do a lot to alienate those who you don't have to alienate--something the blob never learned and look what it got him--and keep in mind the big picture.

Mayor Pete?

Oh, the tension!

Perhaps. 2022 may be the key to 2024. If the DNC is smart (insert joke here) they should decide in the next 10 days that Burr and Perdue (NC and GA senators) are the targets. Johnson in PA and Toomey in WI are also good targets but those may be organically competitive given the recent trends where DEM governors won elections in both states. Anyway...field some rockstar candidates in all 4 places and do your best to win the Senate. When I say "rockstar" candidates...I am looking at Mark Kelly out here in AZ. He looks like he's going through 8 different types of hell half the time and he won the race. This isn't the best use of his talents but he was able to win because he's a brand name.

I don't mean her in name but Julianne Moore. I have no idea what she thinks about politics but she's from NC (army kid I think) and she'll have some name recognition. Emily Procter...also from NC. Chris Paul; NBA all-star. He's pretty astute politically.

The electorate is changing folks. While I don't embrace that celebrities are the way to go...they are the way to win elections more and more. Atlanta-metro has tons of people who can challenge of the same ilk.
Generally the House goes opposite the White House so we ll see what happens in 2022? If for some reason and I hope it’s not the case, COVID is still around then the House likely goes very red. Checks and balances are important and again I give Joe Biden credit. Most votes in presidential history. I dislike him but I sincerely respect him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back