Official 2020 November Election Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yang/Mayor Pete versus Romney/Huntsman would be pretty cool...but I'm hoping for a new crop of flesh, minus the lack of character ala Trump.

Mayor Pete?

I thought he was excellent, though a little young.

But the Democratic Party will have a big dilemma - a black/Indian woman v a gay man.

Oh, the tension!
Pete has been smashing GOP cult Misinformation on Fox for the last month. He earned his badge, and I also respect Veterans.

Romney shows he can defy a party on principle.

Yang is empirical and forward thinking.

Huntsman is a really good man.
Stop trolling. Romney is 76? He is done with politics after this. Nikki Haley will run in 2024

She's hamstrung with Trump baggage.
And she's gonna have a hard time running against an incumbent President Harris.
Perhaps. 2022 may be the key to 2024. If the DNC is smart (insert joke here) they should decide in the next 10 days that Burr and Perdue (NC and GA senators) are the targets. Johnson in PA and Toomey in WI are also good targets but those may be organically competitive given the recent trends where DEM governors won elections in both states. Anyway...field some rockstar candidates in all 4 places and do your best to win the Senate. When I say "rockstar" candidates...I am looking at Mark Kelly out here in AZ. He looks like he's going through 8 different types of hell half the time and he won the race. This isn't the best use of his talents but he was able to win because he's a brand name.

I don't mean her in name but Julianne Moore. I have no idea what she thinks about politics but she's from NC (army kid I think) and she'll have some name recognition. Emily Procter...also from NC. Chris Paul; NBA all-star. He's pretty astute politically.

The electorate is changing folks. While I don't embrace that celebrities are the way to go...they are the way to win elections more and more. Atlanta-metro has tons of people who can challenge of the same ilk.

**Edit--I forgot my point. LOL

Anyway, If you hold the house in 2022 and get the senate in 2022; then you can pass some legislation that will set up the 2024 run regardless of the nominee. If I'm Biden; you've got to govern but I think you govern with an eye on the midterms. Don't do a lot to alienate those who you don't have to alienate--something the blob never learned and look what it got him--and keep in mind the big picture.

The Democratic Party lost seats in the House and could not win the Senate, so 2022 is out of the question about taking the Senate and the Democratic Party could lose the House or at least lose more seats.

Pelosi must go as Speaker because she cost the Party this election but I also believe Mitch McConnell should go if the GOP want to make bigger gains in 2022...

Now with that said did anyone think this was going to be the nail bitter it has become?
I thought that Trump's margin of victory would be so large that the Dems wouldn't even dare think of trying to stuff THAT many ballots, but lo and behold...Joe Biden.

I guess Beijing wouldn't let him concede.

Trump is no fool, and I am certain he is prepped for this 'end game' much better than Old Plugs is.

The Supreme Court will declare the entire electiond in several states illegal and Order totally nee votes. Mark my wird's. ( The Same thing happened in the persidential Election in the state of Austria three years ago. They Had similar issued with Mail in voting)
This just in..we are not Austria! The only 'issue' Trump and his supporters have with the vote..is that he lost~

Well House stays Blue...

Senate will stay Red

So let me explain what that mean and it mean no matter who win they are a lame duck and nothing will get done unless Pelosi and McConnell work together and ladies and gents that ain’t happening...

Now something the left may not realize is Thomas ( USSC Justice ) is old and could be leaving the court in the soon future, so if Biden is President will it mean McConnell will block any nomination that Biden or Harris propose?

Ohhh, the mess we create for ourselves during election years...

This was my reply to a comment in a now closed election discussion “thanking” 70 million Americans for voting out Trump.
“Creating Civil War”? It was the left that sent their brown shirts into the streets to riot, burn businesses down, and murder people in the streets, and you know it. But congrats, you lefties have proven terrorism works.
Actually the violence was one of the issues that helped Trump win votes. Trump needed to magnify the idea that “the left” was burning down cities and threatening Americans in their homes. It undoubtedly worked in winning him many votes. Democratic mayors who resisted his efforts to rapidly repress with federal “help” demonstrations and street protests — as in Portland — were accused of supporting or tolerating violence.

But if the arson and violence and disruption in Portland was so great you would expect the Democratic politicians there to suffer in the elections. Apparently that is not what happened. Oregon stayed comfortably Democratic. The Mayor of Portland (in charge of local police) was re-elected, and a referendum calling for a city civilian board to independently review police violence won over 85% of the vote. In the State of Oregon, the last major Republican state officer, the Secty of State, lost. I could be wrong about some of these details, but clearly locally there was no overwhelming rejection of the way the local authorities handled the violence.

I previously argued that Trump clearly (and intentionally) worsened the violence with his actions, but that the national Democrats also hurt themselves by not openly and publically criticizing the violence in Portland. They should have publically encouraged the arrest of all provocateurs to keep the situation from worsening. A tough situation for sure, but one that died down eventually, and thankfully remained more “street theater” than “Revolution” or “Civil War.”

We need to lower the level of hatred and idiocy and armed confrontations. So far I’m happy to see the vast majority or Americans are keeping calm, respecting each other, voting. Whoever wins, wins.

Trump, in my opinion, was indeed a demagogue and provocateur, an incompetent administrator and a personally extremely unstable narcissist. I am glad to see him go, so long as he is voted out legitimately, which seems to be happening.

Trump did not magnify the violence. The Lib media and lib politicians DOWNPLAYED the violence.

The rational response would have been to send in the National Guard and impose a dawn to dusk curfew, until the insurrectionists could be rounded up and charged.

Well House stays Blue...

Senate will stay Red

So let me explain what that mean and it mean no matter who win they are a lame duck and nothing will get done unless Pelosi and McConnell work together and ladies and gents that ain’t happening...

Now something the left may not realize is Thomas ( USSC Justice ) is old and could be leaving the court in the soon future, so if Biden is President will it mean McConnell will block any nomination that Biden or Harris propose?

I have a suspicion that the Democrat adults in the room (aka Centrists) will retake control of the House and Piglosi will retire to her shit-hole of a city.

Well House stays Blue...

Senate will stay Red

I have a suspicion that the Democrat adults in the room (aka Centrists) will retake control of the House and Piglosi will retire to her shit-hole of a city.

They ( The Blue Dog ) seem hell bent of booting her and I do not blame them. I also believe the GOP should not retain McConnell as Senate Majority Leader and there should be new leadership there...

They ( The Blue Dog ) seem hell bent of booting her and I do not blame them. I also believe the GOP should not retain McConnell as Senate Majority Leader and there should be new leadership there...
The Turtle is a real snake, and a tool for the multinational corporations and their crony network.

But he is useful for now for his Legislative legerdemain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back