Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

If they're undercounted, than why CDC revised (lowered) number of corona virus deaths to 37,308 as of May 1st?
Well, it helps if you actually visit the CDC website, instead of just relying on AM radio wingnuts for your info:

"NOTE: Number of deaths reported in this table are the total number of deaths received and coded as of the date of analysis and do not represent all deaths that occurred in that period."

"*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death."

The number was never "revised downward".

Never revised downward?

If you want to be taken seriously, you shouldn't be assuming what I do, because it makes you an idiot.

The data is from CDC website.

1588452046904.png

Correct. The CDC did not revise the number downward. Regurgitating the current number does not support your lie. Which cannot be supported, because it is a lie. I don't think you are following....

Look at the link and chart I provided. If they're lying, so am I. Or you're just too stupid to open your mouth before you look at the provided data. Data is from yesterday!

It says to call all cases of death in covid-19 positive cases are to be counted as covid-19 deaths. That's as it should be. If I died of a heart attack, it would be because I also have covid-19, because my heart has been damaged by the viris, and because, absent the virus, I wouldn't have died.

How is this wrong?

If they're undercounted, than why CDC revised (lowered) number of corona virus deaths to 37,308 as of May 1st?
Well, it helps if you actually visit the CDC website, instead of just relying on AM radio wingnuts for your info:

"NOTE: Number of deaths reported in this table are the total number of deaths received and coded as of the date of analysis and do not represent all deaths that occurred in that period."

"*Data during this period are incomplete because of the lag in time between when the death occurred and when the death certificate is completed, submitted to NCHS and processed for reporting purposes. This delay can range from 1 week to 8 weeks or more, depending on the jurisdiction, age, and cause of death."

The number was never "revised downward".

Yes, "it can take up to 8 weeks". If you notice they have an "% of expected deaths" column. How do they get over 20% extra on 11th April when the deaths were not even high then? And look at the months previously, they are not getting to 100% of expected, they are simply taking the deaths from that period & now counting them as COVID deaths and putting them on the death certificate. Major fiddling of the figures. Not that there are no COVID deaths, they are padding them, five-fold.

It says to call all cases of death in covid-19 positive cases are to be counted as covid-19 deaths. That's as it should be. If I died of a heart attack, it would be because I also have covid-19, because my heart has been damaged by the viris, and because, absent the virus, I wouldn't have died.

How is this wrong?

How it's not wrong?

Director of public health Illinois, explains how the COVID-19 deaths are counted.

Look at the link and chart I provided.
The chart i had to explain to you by spoonfeeding to you information located DIRECTLY BELOW it on the website where it appears?

That chart?

Don't worry, I looked at it.

If they're lying, so am I.
They aren't, but you are.

View attachment 331006
Yes i know, i explained that to you.

And I explained back to you in #3645, you just ignored it.

Look at the link and chart I provided.
The chart i had to explain to you by spoonfeeding to you information located DIRECTLY BELOW it on the website where it appears?

That chart?

Don't worry, I looked at it.

If they're lying, so am I.
They aren't, but you are.

View attachment 331006
Yes i know, i explained that to you.

And I explained back to you in #3645, you just ignored it.
Your lie about revising the number downward, in response to which i literally had to spoonfeed you the information on that website...since you actually first saw the chart on a rightwing idiot website that didn't give you all the info?

Was that the post?

So the CDC is tallying a provisional number, complete with detailed disclaimers that this number in no way is comprehensive and inly counts death certs already processed by the CDC with up to an 8 week lag...

The chief of the CDC mortality branch tells us the covid deaths not just in this chart, but even the higher, reported number is an undercount...

But hey, a trumpkin spent 45 seconds on Google and says he is wrong.

So i guess that's that .

Just out of curiosity, let's see how we're doing compared to our two closest neighbors.

Total Deaths

USA: 65,776
Canada: 3,391
Mexico: 1,972

Total Cases

USA: 1,131,492
Canada: 55,061
Mexico: 20,739

Total Deaths per 1 million people

USA: 199
Canada: 90
Mexico: 15

Total Cases per 1 million people

USA: 3,418
Canada: 1,459
Mexico: 161

Tests per 1 million people

USA: 20,241
Canada: 22,050
Mexico: 707

Interesting to see that we're last in almost every category. Mexico has less tests per capita. Take from it what you will.

Mexico (and central America generally as well as the Caribbean) have had very little CV action until just recently.
Possibly because of lack of testing.

Just out of curiosity, let's see how we're doing compared to our two closest neighbors.

Total Deaths

Total Cases

Interesting to see that we're last in almost every category. Mexico has less tests per capita. Take from it what you will.

Mexico (and central America generally as well as the Caribbean) have had very little CV action until just recently.

Not much testing, but by "CV action" I mean both cases AND deaths. There hasn't been much of either, ergo there wasn't any haste for testing.

Never revised downward?

I don't think you're understanding what he's saying.

In order to show that they revised it downward, you will need to do the following:

- Show what it was before.
- Show what it is now.
- Show that the "now" number is less than the "before" number.

The before and after shows that it was revised. If the new number is less than the old number, then that shows that it was revised downward.

Hope that helps. Good luck.

Spaniars-Lockdown-Over-AP-5.jpg

People exercise in a seafront promenade in this photo taken with a telephoto lens in Barcelona, Spain, Saturday, May 2, 2020. Spaniards have filled the streets of the country to do exercise for the first time after seven weeks of confinement in their homes to fight the coronavirus pandemic. People ran, walked, or rode bicycles under a brilliant sunny sky in Barcelona on Saturday, where many flocked to the maritime promenade to get as close as possible to the still off-limits beach

Total Deaths

Total Cases

Not much testing, but by "CV action" I mean both cases AND deaths. There hasn't been much of either, ergo there wasn't any haste for testing.
Testing sites are mostly empty because no one is sick

Forum List

Back