[OFFICIAL] State of the Union Address Thread

Even the difference with a better educational system and a expanded field of science, tech and r@D!

good, so the poor will finally get educate, there will be plenty of jobs and we can finally do away with entitlements :eusa_whistle:

if Obama was made out of wood his nose would have grown more than the grinches heart that day

Let's be fair:

FACT CHECK: Less than meets eye in Obama speech

Ho hum, par for the course going back to Nixon and probably before

REP. CATHY McMORRIS RODGERS of Washington, in her prepared Republican response: "Last month, more Americans stopped looking for a job than found one. Too many people are falling further and further behind because, right now, the president's policies are making people's lives harder."

THE FACTS: She leaves out a significant factor in the high number of people who aren't looking for jobs: Baby boomers are retiring.

It's true that a large part of the still-high unemployment rate is due to jobless workers who have given up looking for a job. There are roughly three people seeking every job opening, a circumstance that can discourage others from trying. But one big reason people aren't seeking employment is that there are so many boomers — the generation born in the immediate aftermath of World War II — and therefore more than the usual number of retirements.

As of December, the economy had gained 3,246,000 jobs since Obama took office in January 2009. When he was inaugurated, the unemployment rate was 7.8 percent and on the rise. It peaked at 10 percent in October 2009 and has been inching down ever since, to 6.7 percent this past December.

Republican response

I found it very mellow in tone. I liked that a lot. The content seemed all good but I will give it some thought before having any comment.

Cathy McMorris Rodgers zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

So when I showed my animals at the 4F county fair? snicker

Inspiring stuff.

The right-wing will be on the war path with pathetic and weak talking points tonight and for weeks to come.

Instead of doing the work they were hired to do, they will continue to show their shitty work ethic and obstruct and do nothing.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid I'm not.

Forum List

Back