[OFFICIAL] State of the Union Address Thread

America First? How about startingb by kicking out all the illegal Aliens!

Okay. Can we raise your taxes to pay for necessary law enforcement resources?

And you're okay with paying higher prices for produce.

Car washes.

Home construction/remodeling projects.

Landscaping.

Dinner at Restaurants.

Child care.

Most people don't want to do those seasonal jobs at low wages.

Who will do them?

Horse shit.

Indeed it is

America First? How about startingb by kicking out all the illegal Aliens!

Car washes.

Landscaping.

Dinner at Restaurants.

Child care.

Who will do them?

Horse shit.

So, you're willing to do those jobs, seasonally, and for low pay, no benefits.

Think about a resort that has a busy season and slow season. American workers want year-round employment, min. wage, benefits -- they're not going to work at resort like that.

All home remodeling jobs begin with what? The demolition crew that comes in and rips out your old kitchen. Who wants to pay the carpenter or electrician's regular hourly rate for that?

No one does.

Let's be fair:

FACT CHECK: Less than meets eye in Obama speech

Ho hum, par for the course going back to Nixon and probably before

REP. CATHY McMORRIS RODGERS of Washington, in her prepared Republican response: "Last month, more Americans stopped looking for a job than found one. Too many people are falling further and further behind because, right now, the president's policies are making people's lives harder."

THE FACTS: She leaves out a significant factor in the high number of people who aren't looking for jobs: Baby boomers are retiring.

It's true that a large part of the still-high unemployment rate is due to jobless workers who have given up looking for a job. There are roughly three people seeking every job opening, a circumstance that can discourage others from trying. But one big reason people aren't seeking employment is that there are so many boomers — the generation born in the immediate aftermath of World War II — and therefore more than the usual number of retirements.

As of December, the economy had gained 3,246,000 jobs since Obama took office in January 2009. When he was inaugurated, the unemployment rate was 7.8 percent and on the rise. It peaked at 10 percent in October 2009 and has been inching down ever since, to 6.7 percent this past December.

Last edited:
Anyone remember just a few years ago when there was a complete dumbass behind that mic? At least Obama can speak properly

You mean the clown who had Dick Cheney's hand up his ass, like big dumb ventriloquists dummy he told us about tubes from West Africa that were going to Iraq -- so we need to declare war.

It was all a lie.

A war crime.

And we forgave him -- he's not in jail. He paints.

But the far-righties can't let go of "you can keep your insurance if you like it…"

Car washes.

Landscaping.

Dinner at Restaurants.

Child care.

Who will do them?

Horse shit.

Think about a resort that has a busy season and slow season. American workers want year-round employment, min. wage, benefits -- they're not going to work at resort like that.

All home remodeling jobs begin with what? The demolition crew that comes in and rips out your old kitchen. Who wants to pay the carpenter or electrician's regular hourly rate for that?

No one does.

I was a career soldier. So I didn't have the opportunity to try many of those jobs that you look down on....
But as an E4 I worked part time as a mechanic at a used car lot, and for a while (before i was transferred out of the country) I bussed tables in a restaurant. And after i retired I was a commissioned part time estimator for a construction company. Of course 6 months later i was the general manager.

So yeah I'll work those jobs, and i would pay more for produce if need be. Ship illegals back where they came from.

Car washes.

Landscaping.

Dinner at Restaurants.

Child care.

Who will do them?

Horse shit.

No one does.

Isn't it funny how liberals talk about wanting to raise the minimum wage, but then they support illegal workers because they work for less money than Americans are willing to work?

Forum List

Back