[OFFICIAL] State of the Union Address Thread

He's taking two groups with one with twice as many doctors, engineers, and scientist and going to pretty much say that the group that has less of those high paying positions should be paid the same as the employees within the groups above.

Doesn't make sound economic sense. Better education working towards equaling the difference within school should be the course of action.

Horse shit.

So, you're willing to do those jobs, seasonally, and for low pay, no benefits.

Think about a resort that has a busy season and slow season. American workers want year-round employment, min. wage, benefits -- they're not going to work at resort like that.

All home remodeling jobs begin with what? The demolition crew that comes in and rips out your old kitchen. Who wants to pay the carpenter or electrician's regular hourly rate for that?

No one does.

I was a career soldier. So I didn't have the opportunity to try many of those jobs that you look down on....
But as an E4 I worked part time as a mechanic at a used car lot, and for a while (before i was transferred out of the country) I bussed tables in a restaurant. And after i retired I was a commissioned part time estimator for a construction company. Of course 6 months later i was the general manager.

So yeah I'll work those jobs, and i would pay more for produce if need be. Ship illegals back where they came from.

No you didn't work the jobs I'm talking about.

Try to read what I write and not insert words that aren't there.

Migrant jobs.

Estimator, GM… what the fuck does that have to do with anything we're talking about.

Horse shit.

Think about a resort that has a busy season and slow season. American workers want year-round employment, min. wage, benefits -- they're not going to work at resort like that.

All home remodeling jobs begin with what? The demolition crew that comes in and rips out your old kitchen. Who wants to pay the carpenter or electrician's regular hourly rate for that?

No one does.

Isn't it funny how liberals talk about wanting to raise the minimum wage, but then they support illegal workers because they work for less money than Americans are willing to work?

Don't put words into my mouth, that's not what I said.

You want to debate me, stick to what I said, Okay?

Let's be fair:

FACT CHECK: Less than meets eye in Obama speech

Ho hum, par for the course going back to Nixon and probably before

REP. CATHY McMORRIS RODGERS of Washington, in her prepared Republican response: "Last month, more Americans stopped looking for a job than found one. Too many people are falling further and further behind because, right now, the president's policies are making people's lives harder."

THE FACTS: She leaves out a significant factor in the high number of people who aren't looking for jobs: Baby boomers are retiring.

It's true that a large part of the still-high unemployment rate is due to jobless workers who have given up looking for a job. There are roughly three people seeking every job opening, a circumstance that can discourage others from trying. But one big reason people aren't seeking employment is that there are so many boomers — the generation born in the immediate aftermath of World War II — and therefore more than the usual number of retirements.

As of December, the economy had gained 3,246,000 jobs since Obama took office in January 2009. When he was inaugurated, the unemployment rate was 7.8 percent and on the rise. It peaked at 10 percent in October 2009 and has been inching down ever since, to 6.7 percent this past December.

Republicans and the opposition response http://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/resources/pdf/RespondStateUnion2.pdf

The first official, televised opposition response to a presidents annual message came in 1966, when Senate Minority Leader Everett Dirksen (R-IL) and House Minority Leader Gerald Ford (R-MI) offereda critique of President Lyndon Johnsons annual message. The practice continued sporadically over the next decade and varied in format. Since 1982, members of the opposition party, usually members of Congress, have provided responses to the annual message, usually in a televised format.

---

The practice arises from a command given to the president in the Constitution of the United States:
“He shall from time to time give to Congress information of the State of the Union and recommend to their Consideration such measures as he shall judge necessary and expedient. ” — Article II, Section 3 of the U.S. Constitution

Although the language of this constitution is not specific, by tradition, the President makes this report annually in late January or early February. Between 1934 and 2013 the date has been as early as January 3,[2] and as late as February 12.

State of the Union address - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No one does.

Isn't it funny how liberals talk about wanting to raise the minimum wage, but then they support illegal workers because they work for less money than Americans are willing to work?

Debating you is impossible. You're far too much of an idiot. You don't even know what you just said.

I hope Obama is sincere about the wounded solider and not just using him for the sympathy factor. Obama says that young man wants to work so he can serve his country again. I think it's time that solider sits back and let this country serve him. God Bless Cory Remsberg.

Last edited:
Cory Remsburg Honored During State Of The Union - Business Insider

Sgt. First Class Cory Remsburg of the U.S. Army has an incredible story.

The New York Times wrote about him in August, noting that he's probably the only wounded service member who has met Obama three times. In his speech, Obama said Remsburg "never gives up, and he does not quit," and that he reminds us that "America has never come easy."

Remsburg joined the Army on his 18th birthday. He wanted to join the Army at 17, but his father, a retired U.S. Air Force Reserve firefighter, refused to sign the papers.

Remsburg was first deployed in 2003 when the U.S. invaded Iraq, according to the Arizona Republic.

Read more: Cory Remsburg Honored During State Of The Union - Business Insider

State Of The Union Speech Full Text - Business Insider

Debating you is impossible. You're far too much of an idiot. You don't even know what you just said.

I know exactly what I said.

It's in the thread, unedited.

You want to go back and make a relevant point base on my words, feel free.

But don't put words in my mouth -- that's feeble and weak.

He just mentioned that no American can ever be denied insurance coverage due to pre-existing conditions. He didn't however acknowledge those who've had their insurance plans cancelled.

obviously he was never too concerned with pre existing insurance

Call for Executive action if the Congress sits on their hands:

"America does not stand still - and neither will I"

:clap2:

God bless America, and God bless Barack Hussein Obama II, President of the United States of America
:thewave:

Excerpts of Obama's State of the Union address

Like I said: God bless America, and God bless Barack Hussein Obama II, President of the United States of America
:thewave:

State Of The Union Speech Full Text - Business Insider

Tingles?

Forum List

Back