Official Thread for Denial of GreenHouse Effect and Radiative Physics.

The Sahara is dry because of latitude ... 30th Parallels are known as the Desert Belts for that reason ... areas north of Canada are drier ... Antarctic is the one of the driest places on Earth ... and it is the dry that causes high temperatures, not the other way around ... this is demonstrated by exceptionally cold temperatures over night, cold enough to snow, which it does in the Sahara {Cite} ...

The Earth's rotation (along with terrain) causes the prevailing winds ... which in turn causes weather patterns ... which aren't changing, unless you can point and say where ...
Correct yet not quite done. The Sahara and the desert belts get more heat energy from the Sun than the polar regions get. It varies from the poles to the Desert regions.

Snow in the Sahara is not normal.

Snowfall in a hot desert may seem a contradiction but snow has been recorded several times in the Sahara Desert over the last decades, most recently in January 2022. Thus, snowfall may be unusual but is not unprecedented in the region.

In order for snow to form, two distinctive weather properties are needed: cold temperatures and moist air. The presence of snow reflects a special combination of air circulation in the atmosphere and the nature of the land surface upon which the snow falls.

Here is the thing. Pilots get training in the use of the calculator used to compute density altitude.
I hope your brother has a license because if not, students are not to fly passengers until licensed. Many times I would take my daughter with us and by us i mean me and the flight instructor. Once I got my license, I could fly anybody for free. Sharing fuel expenses would be okay but it is not okay to pay a charge to the pilot for flying you. One needs the commercial license to fly for profit, passengers.
Based on your incomplete information I believed you are not a pilot.

Now, we can buy electronic computers designed for pilots.
But for eons pilots have used the E6B shown in the photo below.

13-00813a.jpg

My brother had a commercial license, and instructor's license, multi-engine, mechanic ... he turned away from aviation watching one of his customers take off with an engine he had just rebuilt ... the tiniest mistake and the customer dies ... he didn't like that stress ...

My question is how important is the exact temperature in these calculations? ... and how are you sighting the Sun with the E6B? ...

Correct yet not quite done. The Sahara and the desert belts get more heat energy from the Sun than the polar regions get. It varies from the poles to the Desert regions.

Snow in the Sahara is not normal.

Snowfall in a hot desert may seem a contradiction but snow has been recorded several times in the Sahara Desert over the last decades, most recently in January 2022. Thus, snowfall may be unusual but is not unprecedented in the region.

In order for snow to form, two distinctive weather properties are needed: cold temperatures and moist air. The presence of snow reflects a special combination of air circulation in the atmosphere and the nature of the land surface upon which the snow falls.

This is a matter of circulation ... the equator gets the most solar energy, and here the air rises due to buoyancy ... deserts are where this air falls back to the surface ... increasing pressure causes decreasing humidity ... thus "dry" ...

We divide each hemisphere into three separate convection cells ... uplift and intense rainfall at 0º and 60º ... downflow and desert conditions at 30º and 90º ...

=====

What do you consider "normal weather" ... Miami may go 100 years without hurricane force winds ... but they damn well better expect that kind of windload ... hurricanes are "normal" for Miami ... like sub-freezing temperatures here, crazy I know, but it happens every few decades ...

The most important thing we need for snow formation is uplift the atmosphere, which lowers pressure, which increases humidity and lowers temperatures ... until humidity reaches 100%, then the water vapor is forced out of the air and either condenses into liquid water or deposits into snow ... and snow is the easier form to nucleate ... roughly 90% of all rain in the United States is snow that melts on the way down ... and yeah, that is dirt inside ... rainwater is filthy ... pollution makes great places for water to collect ...

Just goes to show that if one is interested, they can get plenty of factual information right here.

My brother had a commercial license, and instructor's license, multi-engine, mechanic ... he turned away from aviation watching one of his customers take off with an engine he had just rebuilt ... the tiniest mistake and the customer dies ... he didn't like that stress ...

My question is how important is the exact temperature in these calculations? ... and how are you sighting the Sun with the E6B? ...
It is standard to have a thermometer in the cockpit. Usually inserted into the front windshield. The E6B is not used to sight anything. It is a comprehensive, normally made of aluminum, well documented tool used for many things. But Density Altitude is one of the uses.
I posted a photo of an E6B this day. Also there are electronic instruments one can use.

A good time I used one was when I landed at Truckee Airport, in CA. It was over 100 degrees that time. The plane clearly lost power compared to landing at sea level. I was practicing landing and take offs as part of my mountain training. Normally I took off at Hayward, CA airport which is a tad above sea level. Mountain flying is different due to the mountains along with the weather at the time. Mountains have wind flows over them and to picture it, look at streams of water flowing over rocks. Wind operates like water in that case. So taking off at Truckee, due to the heat, the power is lower. The take offs are longer and once off the ground it is important to stay in ground effect for a longer period. To gather more airspeed. Hot air also harms propeller performance. I would not need to spiral up very much since the goal was good landings and take offs. I flew then to Lake Tahoe and due to the lake, the temperature was more friendly so the conditions more favorable.
While the air was still not cool, it was there to depart and head back to Hayward, one has to do as you suggested and not just leap up. Actually the airplane i was flying had plenty of power so in my case I did not need to spiral up. But low powered planes needed to do it to gain altitude. The air is thinner so that is a huge consideration.

It is standard to have a thermometer in the cockpit. Usually inserted into the front windshield. The E6B is not used to sight anything. It is a comprehensive, normally made of aluminum, well documented tool used for many things. But Density Altitude is one of the uses.
I posted a photo of an E6B this day. Also there are electronic instruments one can use.

A good time I used one was when I landed at Truckee Airport, in CA. It was over 100 degrees that time. The plane clearly lost power compared to landing at sea level. I was practicing landing and take offs as part of my mountain training. Normally I took off at Hayward, CA airport which is a tad above sea level. Mountain flying is different due to the mountains along with the weather at the time. Mountains have wind flows over them and to picture it, look at streams of water flowing over rocks. Wind operates like water in that case. So taking off at Truckee, due to the heat, the power is lower. The take offs are longer and once off the ground it is important to stay in ground effect for a longer period. To gather more airspeed. Hot air also harms propeller performance. I would not need to spiral up very much since the goal was good landings and take offs. I flew then to Lake Tahoe and due to the lake, the temperature was more friendly so the conditions more favorable.
While the air was still not cool, it was there to depart and head back to Hayward, one has to do as you suggested and not just leap up. Actually the airplane i was flying had plenty of power so in my case I did not need to spiral up. But low powered planes needed to do it to gain altitude. The air is thinner so that is a huge consideration.

Just a little thermometer ... I remember ... didn't seem that accurate ... the sum total of global warming over the next 300 years is only 3ºC, maximum ... that little thermometer in your windshield won't read that small a difference ... will it? ...

Just a little thermometer ... I remember ... didn't seem that accurate ... the sum total of global warming over the next 300 years is only 3ºC, maximum ... that little thermometer in your windshield won't read that small a difference ... will it? ...
We will likely see 3C of warming before 2100 Robert.

Normally the only time I looked at the dial was due to Density Altitude. All it amounted to was a one of these:
2716A_temp_gauge__75427.1364421556.jpg

Normally the only time I looked at the dial was due to Density Altitude. All it amounted to was a one of these:
2716A_temp_gauge__75427.1364421556.jpg

± 2ºC ... twice as much as global warming ... there's that much difference 5800 feet away at the other end of the runway ... or are you still flying the Cub, and only need 580 feet? ...

± 2ºC ... twice as much as global warming ... there's that much difference 5800 feet away at the other end of the runway ... or are you still flying the Cub, and only need 580 feet? ...
I have never been inside a cub. Smallest Piper I have flown is the Tomahawk. I do not buy the story that the planet is warming. But I am seeing a hell of a lot of cooling.

I have never been inside a cub. Smallest Piper I have flown is the Tomahawk. I do not buy the story that the planet is warming. But I am seeing a hell of a lot of cooling.

The Tomahawk needs 1,500 feet of runway according to specifications ... I assume that's at sea level ...

Not buying into GW? ... is this a "6,000 year-old Flat Earth" thing? ... right, the Bible says temperatures are always the same ... the way God created the Earth ... but that's not science ...

What is it about the science of GW that you dismiss? ...

The Tomahawk needs 1,500 feet of runway according to specifications ... I assume that's at sea level ...

Not buying into GW? ... is this a "6,000 year-old Flat Earth" thing? ... right, the Bible says temperatures are always the same ... the way God created the Earth ... but that's not science ...

People know the globe has been warming, otherwise there’d still be a mile of ice over Chicago

The Tomahawk takes off needing 820 feet at sea level. This two person airplane is not designed for speed, or rather powered for speed, it is used to train pilots. I have not a lot of time flying them since I quickly moved up to the 4 person Piper Warrior to train in. I also trained in the Archer which has 180 hp and has more capabilities than the Warrior. I also trained in the Mooney 201 which is a very fast airplane. I say fast but this is for 4 place airplanes used a bit commonly.

The airplane in your video crashed. A fellow from Utah, Patey bought the plane and heavily modified it so it set records in take off and landings. It is red. It has a turbine engine that has around 700 hp I believe. He makes videos. His business manufactures tow vehicles to move airplanes. He has a video of a home he owns where he put in a very deep swimming pool. Patey put on a video of him crashing the plane you show in black and white.

I am totally on board with climate change. I am not on board with alarmism over climate. Matter of fact, I believe nature is so powerful it changes climate from time to time.

Last edited:
I am totally on board with climate change. I am not on board with alarmism over climate. Matter of fact, I believe nature is so powerful it changes climate from time to time.

I asked about GW ... not CCC ...

Please point to where climate has changed ... latitude and longitude ... and how are you measuring this change? ...

I asked about GW ... not CCC ...

Please point to where climate has changed ... latitude and longitude ... and how are you measuring this change? ...
It more than likely that we will not notice climate change during our lifetime. I will give you 3 examples. Yosemite park is there due to climate change. 3 Times they tell us glaciers came and carved then vanished. The last glacier left us what we see there today.
The Great lakes. Those are where a huge glacier used to be.
New York City in Central park has ancient rocks that were carved by glaciers. Today due to climate change the city is not covered by a glacier.

Because there is lots of variation in the maximum and minimum temperatures reached in these cycles. You have no reason to believe that we will still warm another 2C from glacial cycle forcing, particularly when we had been cooling for the last 5,000 years in an interglacial that has been much longer than any of its predecessors.
Actually there's a pretty consistent trend. And it has to do with the transition from a greenhouse planet to an icehouse planet. There are some pretty discernible trends you want to just skip right over. But putting that aside are you going to ignore the 30 or so reversals because they all don't reverse at the same temp? Or will you try to figure out what this actual climate data is telling us?

Forum List

Back