🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Official: U.S. B-52s flew over China's controversial new air defense zone

Sallow

The Big Bad Wolf.
Oct 4, 2010
I think there was a poster here that was questioning whether President Obama had the stones to stand up to the Chinese.

(CNN) -- Two U.S. military aircraft flew into China's newly claimed and challenged air defense zone over the East China Sea, a U.S. official said, an action that could inflame tensions between the world powers.

The U.S. Air Force B-52 planes -- which were not armed because they were on a training mission -- set off Monday from Guam and returned there without incident. The mission lasted for several hours, and the aircraft were in China's newly declared air zone for about an hour, according to the U.S. official.
U.S. B-52s flew over China's newly declared air zone, official says - CNN.com

Any more questions?

:lol:

Takes "stones" to order Americans to risk their lives to make a failed politician look good?

Nawwwwww.....

"Stones" would require said failure board Air Farce One and fly over the islands Himself.

Takes "stones" to order Americans to risk their lives to make a failed politician look good?

Nawwwwww.....

"Stones" would require said failure board Air Farce One and fly over the islands Himself.

There's no right answer with some of you folks.

:eusa_whistle:

Nawwwwww.....

I'd of flown our new drone bomber instead ;) Of course the conservative idiots would whine even louder about that!

We better have Japans back at all costs. They're too important for our eastern policy.

And in the article, China's only aircraft carrier is deploying to the region............Not that I really care.......................

If we want to show support for this space then a carrier battlegroup should deploy jointly with Japanese ships to this region................Power projection..............That is simply how it is done.................

Call their bluff, and steam into the area.

Nawwwwww.....

I'd of flown our new drone bomber instead ;) Of course the conservative idiots would whine even louder about that!

Who knew that spiffy new drone bomber had a seat inside just for you!

And in the article, China's only aircraft carrier is deploying to the region............Not that I really care.......................

If we want to show support for this space then a carrier battlegroup should deploy jointly with Japanese ships to this region................Power projection..............That is simply how it is done.................

Call their bluff, and steam into the area.

That'd be badass right there

from the link;

The flights came two days after China unilaterally announced the creation of a so-called "Air Defense Identification Zone" over several islands it and Japan have both claimed. The two countries have been sharply at odds over those isles, which are believed to be near large reserves of natural resources.

Washington responded negatively to what Secretary of State John Kerry characterized as an "escalatory action (that) will only increase tensions in the region and create risks of an incident." The U.S. government has rallied around its ally Japan, where thousands of its troops are stationed as part of a security treaty.

And specifically regarding China's new air defense zone, the United States has said it won't recognize it -- nor China's call that aircraft entering it identify themselves and file flight plans.

Beijing, though, has dismissed the American position as unjustified and urged Washington to butt out of the territorial dispute.

good move, I applaud obama for doing it.....it sends exactly the right message the right way.

China doesn't want any part of this......................

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't the left call that saber rattling and war mongering if it happened under a Republican President?

Wouldn't the left call that saber rattling and war mongering if it happened under a Republican President?

Yes they would...................

Problem is I served during the Cold War, which is exactly what Saber rattling is about, which would tick them off.......................

We should not respect China's claim, and go in the region to make them understand this..

Hell we did this type of shit for decades. I still remember playing tag with the Russian Navy.

I accept that this is a step in the right direction.

China is now answering the fly over...........Will we respond in kind..........

Forum List

Back