Official Usmb Mafia Game #5: A Game Of Fire And Ice (day 6)

I know a lot of people say neighborhoods are anti-town and in a way they are because it encourages people to talk away from the GT. But from what I have seen of them in both game 3 and game 5 is they are not really good for scum. It is much easier to examine what they say in a smaller setting. I hated the neighborhood in game 3 but loved it here. Avi was wondering why I didn't speak in twilight in game 3-well damn Avi, you know after a lynch occurs, scum is likely to relax and say something stupid. I won't avoid it again in the future, regardless. But avoiding twilight and not commenting on the NK or being too dramatic about the NK are both scumtells.

I know a lot of people say neighborhoods are anti-town and in a way they are because it encourages people to talk away from the GT. But from what I have seen of them in both game 3 and game 5 is they are not really good for scum. It is much easier to examine what they say in a smaller setting. I hated the neighborhood in game 3 but loved it here. Avi was wondering why I didn't speak in twilight in game 3-well damn Avi, you know after a lynch occurs, scum is likely to relax and say something stupid. I won't avoid it again in the future, regardless. But avoiding twilight and not commenting on the NK or being too dramatic about the NK are both scumtells.

There are no magical scum tells that are universal other than just trying to find a pattern of play. It depends on the player usually, and if most of the town cannot see their content, then it makes it much harder to assess. Had Gath not busted the game to smithereens, I dare say that you wouldn't have liked the neighborhood so much in this game when town would have been on a mylo pretty quick. Either way, scum should not have day talk.

There are no magical scum tells that are universal other than just trying to find a pattern of play. It depends on the player usually, and if most of the town cannot see their content, then it makes it much harder to assess. Had Gath not busted the game to smithereens, I dare say that you wouldn't have liked the neighborhood so much in this game when town would have been on a mylo pretty quick. Either way, scum should not have day talk.

I agree, giving scum daytalk is too much of an advantage but something needed to offset they couldn't kill each other and you are right that scumtells a lot of the time, depend on the player. A good enough player can change their game enough to fool people. And yeah, it's true that neighborhoods hide convos. And it's also true that Gath should not have given up but he was going to be lynched regardless so I think his deal to take out ice was not a bad idea. It would have been a bad idea to take him up on it. But for a newbie, he did well. All the scum played a good game. Town just played a better one this time. :biggrin:

I agree, giving scum daytalk is too much of an advantage but something needed to offset they couldn't kill each other and you are right that scumtells a lot of the time, depend on the player. A good enough player can change their game enough to fool people. And yeah, it's true that neighborhoods hide convos. And it's also true that Gath should not have given up but he was going to be lynched regardless so I think his deal to take out ice was not a bad idea. It would have been a bad idea to take him up on it. But for a newbie, he did well. All the scum played a good game. Town just played a better one this time. :biggrin:

No town really didn't play a better game. The divided scum dynamic just collapsed when 2 players decided if they couldn't win then neither could the other scum team. Town found 1 scum. Scum killed 3 scum.

No town really didn't play a better game. The divided scum dynamic just collapsed when 2 players decided if they couldn't win then neither could the other scum team. Town found 1 scum. Scum killed 3 scum.

We'll just have to agree to disagree on which side played better. The end result is the same. And like I said, everyone played well. It was a fun game. Still............................town kicked scum's ass. :p

Nah, Avatar played to his wincon, he outed you, but people did not believe him since he was scum. They believed you had a PR thus you not being flash lynched. Then it was your lies ( claiming to seeing two people actions on one night, where you thought the keys was a day action) which got you caught, you were up for lynching, and then Gath was under a lot of scrutiny and then made his scumslip ( stating he knew the keys had not been used, among other issues) and he was up for lynching before you. He just confirmed what was already known.

I suppose if it makes you feel better you can state scum played better, go for it. It does not mean it's true. :)

Nah, Avatar played to his wincon, he outed you, but people did not believe him since he was scum. They believed you had a PR thus you not being flash lynched. Then it was your lies ( claiming to seeing two people actions on one night, where you thought the keys was a day action) which got you caught, you were up for lynching, and then Gath was under a lot of scrutiny and then made his scumslip ( stating he knew the keys had not been used, among other issues) and he was up for lynching before you. He just confirmed what was already known.

I suppose if it makes you feel better you can state scum played better, go for it. It does not mean it's true. :)

I didn't say scum played better. We played awful. That is why town won, not because town played better than it has been.

I didn't say scum played better. We played awful. That is why town won, not because town played better than it has been.

Town played a better game than scum since you said scum played awful. In order for town not to have played better, we'd have to be even worse than awful according to you words that scum played awful. Scum only caught one scum Avi-that was because he was on the other team. You were caught later even after Avi fingered you. Gath gave up because he was caught and about to be lynched and wanted us to try to use him to get ice. Town definitely caught House all on our own.

IMO-scum did not play awful. IMO, everyone played a very good game. I think this group as a whole plays better every time we play. This is just my opinion which I stand by. EVERYONE did very, very well.

The fact that a day zero newbscum was the last to die should say plenty about the quality of the play all around,imo.

The fact that a day zero newbscum was the last to die should say plenty about the quality of the play all around,imo.

Nope, you played very well for a newbie. Gath did too for newbscum. And despite the fact that some don't want to give town credit, I'd say everyone did a damn good job of scumhunting. I just can't point to anyone that did a bad job this game. Each game shows better play, IMO.

It saddens me that some don't even want to acknowledge good town play here and want to cheapen town's first win in a big game like this.

Oh well.....................................................I know better.

Scum ( brand new scum as well) have won prior as well, it is a lot harder playing as town, you know who everyone is.

How many games do you think everyone here has played? Game 1, I had to leave after a total of seven posts 99 percent on the first 2 pages of the game. Game 2, was scuttled due to compromise. Game 3 went by pretty quick for me due to lynching, because our masons were really not participating in the game. So this is my second game. Most here have played 3-4 games. No one here are really experienced. Except, SR, and TN and they are from the main site.

I suppose I disagreed with you comment scum killed 3 scum. It really is not the case.

Absolutely not. Who lives and who dies is a matter of strategy.
I have taken busses, hell planned them as scum. Newbie scum can do well in lylo bc they are newb.

Plus House, It wasn't because you were a newb that you were last. It was a matter of what happened in the game-the order of scum that survived. A lot of times too, the new guy is overlooked as a candidate right away. Again, it cheapens a hard fought victory when the ones that didn't win come out in the end and say the all around quality of play wasn't good. Or say town didn't improve in their play or didn't play better than the scum who have a hell of a lot more info than town does. The least you guys can do is admit town played well this game and even improved because they did. Why is that so hard for some people? If it was the other way around, I'd be saying you guys played well because you did. Anyway, enough of this. I'm done here.

TOWN HAS WON THE GAME!!!

House, Ice Mafia Goon, has perished!

Windgale is saved!!!

Everyone dead may now post.
You guys worked very quickly to uproot Scum.
So quickly, I wasn't quite prepared yet. :D

Dead QT: USMB 5 Dead QT - QuickTopic free message board hosting
The Northern Citadel: The Northern Citadel - QuickTopic free message board hosting
The Southern Wetlands : The Southern Wetlands - QuickTopic free message board hosting
The Eastern Firmaments: The Eastern Firmaments - QuickTopic free message board hosting
The Western Mountains: The Western Mountains - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Central Windgale: Central Windgale - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Fire Mafia QT: Mafia 5 Fire Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Ice Mafia QT: Mafia 5 Ice Mafia - QuickTopic free message board hosting
Wake's Command Center: Wake s Command Center USMB 5 - QuickTopic free message board hosting

This post disappeared somewhere, so I'm quoting it to put it on the last page again.

Yeah, this game was fun to watch unfold.

Would love to put this one on steroids in a Large Theme game.

FYI...I am yet to lose. I led yet another team to victory. I am simply a brilliant player. :)

Anyway....someone needs to start up a game here. I enjoy it and would like to play.

FYI...I am yet to lose. I led yet another team to victory. I am simply a brilliant player. :)

Anyway....someone needs to start up a game here. I enjoy it and would like to play.

I know what you mean. It used to be quite nice playing here.

I know what you mean. It used to be quite nice playing here.
I was just saying I had fun last game and would like to play again. If you are saying I made it a poor experience...I am sorry, but I stll had fun.

Elements of this game will be used towards a massive game elsewhere.

Please PM me if interested.

New Topics

Forum List

Back