Official USMB Nov. 2022 Election Day Thread.

That’s better for SOME people. It’s not better for the people struggling to pay their own bills who now have to cover more of other peopel’s expenses.

*sigh*

Every time I hear what democriminals want to do with my taxes, I thank my stars that I don't pay any. A good broker and a good accountant are worth their weight in gold.

And at last, I can be happy about paying local, county and state taxes because I live in a very red state!

*sigh*

Every time I hear what democriminals want to do with my taxes, I thank my stars that I don't pay any. A good broker and a good accountant are worth their weight in gold.

And at last, I can be happy about paying local, county and state taxes because I live in a very red state!
Not everyone can arrange their income so that one doesn’t pay taxes. Just saying.

It is shameful that the elderly having to pay for expensive assisted living quarters are forced to take out a fortune from their IRA to cover it, and then an additional amount on top of it to cover federal taxes, while Biden is handing out money to high-earning college-educated professionals.

Not everyone can arrange their income so that one doesn’t pay taxes. Just saying.

It is shameful that the elderly having to pay for expensive assisted living quarters are forced to take out a fortune from their IRA to cover it, and then an additional amount on top of it to cover federal taxes, while Biden is handing out money to high-earning college-educated professionals.

I do feel deeply for good people who get shafted simply because they need help paying for the very expensive care of their loved ones. I paid for my husband's care for the last 9 months of his life but again, I got very lucky. The Veterans' Administration came through at just the right time and granted my husband's disability claim, adjudicating that his disability was caused by his military service.

Believe me, I empathize and I'm sure your mother knows she has a good daughter.

What red wave?
4i6Ckte.gif

Speaking of which, Chris Hayes just showed a 2 minute supercut of everyone from Boebert to Ben Shapiro giddily promising a red tsunami! I can't wait to find it and post it.
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
qQVgqH1.gif
I never heard of Chris Hayes. Is that your cousin?

Did you see or hear his press conference today? The farthest thing from senile. Neither Trump or DeSantis could speak off the cuff with that much knowledge of the subjects he was asked about.

Your failed talking point has failed spectacularly.

What's really entertaining is that you actually want us to think that you believe that.

The only thing obvious is your lies.

The state Board of Elections officially certified Republican Claudia Tenney as the winner of a drawn-out election rematch against upstate Democratic Rep. Anthony Brindisi following a marathon three-month recount.

What lie? That's exactly what Republicans claimed 2 years ago. Were they lying then?

Mail ins attract dysfunctional people who can’t make the effort nor get it together on time.
It’s no wonder then that it’s mostly democratic votes. They know this and seize upon it, let a Republicans have a 12,000 vote lead but then 14,000 mail ins straggle in Willy nilly over next 5 days and by golly 12,700 votes are for the Democrat.
In essence, a million voters who can do the right thing on time end up being disenfranchised over14,000 who can’t .

So... let's talk about technology.

The tabulator, uses a technology called OCR (actually it's closer to OMR - optical mark recognition - unless the machine has to lift the write in vote, in most cases I think the machine will kick out write ins as exceptions).

And, the tabulator doesn't necessarily know which precinct it's tabulating, unless it reads the forms. So, there is a library of master form templates somewhere, and the number coded on the ballot tells the machine which form it is.

The alignment marks are not strictly speaking necessary, they help correct for small misalignments and mispositions in the form. Typically the forms are fed from a hopper, or if not they're inserted by hand. So there is image skew, offset margins, etc

There are two things that happen: rejections and actual mistakes. Rejections are common, mistakes are not. However to determine the mistake rate a large sample is required, say, ten thousand ballots. This testing is supposed to happen before each machine is deployed.

A rejection means the ballot has to be refed, or counted by hand. People do all kinds of crazy things with ballots, spill Coke on them, have sex on them, feed them to the dog and then decide they want to vote anyway... So every election is expected to have a "small" number of rejections, typically it's in the 1-2% range. If you see 27% rejection like Los Angeles, or 60% like that place in Michigan, something's wrong.

Forum List

Back