oh god, New law in Illinois requires barbers to take a course in domestic abuse.

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
Liberal guys are such pussys, always getting beat up by their wife's and girlfriends..

Dont Illinois guys go to a bar anymore? How embarrassing.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nwhe...17dea79390/?client=ms-android-boost-us&espv=1

A first-of-its-kind law will provide hair salon employees throughout the state with training in order to be able to identify signs of domestic abuse and sexual assault.

The law, signed by Gov. Bruce Rauner in August, is set to take effect Jan. 1. House Bill 4264 amends the Barber, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Hair Braiding and Nail Technology Act of 1985.

Licensed beauty professionals will be required to take an hourlong course every two years in domestic abuse and sexual assault education and support when they renew their license or seek a new one, as determined by rule of the Department of Financial and Professional Regulation. If a licensed professional does not complete the training, his or her license may not be renewed by the state.

This law don't make any sense to me, like people who work in a service industry like this would need to take any course in it

What the fuck is a hair stylist?

A damn barber

Floyd.jpg

A damn barber

Floyd.jpg

WRONG.

Barbers are by definition for men, hence the derivation from barbe -- the beard. And it's a term that appears nowhere in your entire story except in the name of the state law it modifies --- which is general to the entire umbrella of that profession.

NOWHERE does it say or even slightly imply that it's for identifying abused husbands. You completely made that up. Which tells us volumes about how you see women.

A damn barber

Floyd.jpg

WRONG.

Barbers are by definition for men, hence the derivation from barbe -- the beard. And it's a term that appears nowhere in your entire story except in the name of the state law it modifies --- which is general to the entire umbrella of that profession.

NOWHERE does it say or even slightly imply that it's for identifying abused husbands. You completely made that up. Which tells us volumes about how you see women.

Wrong I have seen women before at the barber shop. A hair cut is a damn haircut

And women will quit going to their hairdresser if they show any signs of abuse, just because of this law. I see no point in it.
And I can't stand the abuser.

You know, this isn't such a bad idea for a law. Why? Because salons are generally one of the few places that a woman in an abusive relationship can go without her husband hovering over her. I know, I lived with an abusive stepfather for a couple of years. If a law like this had been in place, maybe my mother wouldn't have gotten the crap kicked out of her on a weekly basis.

And................training isn't just limited to salons, because Uber sends it's drivers tips on how to spot human traffickers, and this week, because of that, an Uber driver not only saved a runaway from being pimped out, but he also managed to break up a sex trafficking ring.

Read the story, it's pretty cool. I saw this on the evening news tonight.

Uber driver saves 16-year-old girl from sex trafficking

A damn barber

Floyd.jpg

WRONG.

I've "seen women at the barber shop" too, including barbers. None of that changes the fact that barberism is for men, nor that no "barber" was even mentioned in your article, nor does it diminish the fact that you made up "barber" as an adolescent attempt to twist your own story.

You got busted for weasel words, Jackwagon. Man up and admit it.

You know, this isn't such a bad idea for a law. Why? Because salons are generally one of the few places that a woman in an abusive relationship can go without her husband hovering over her. I know, I lived with an abusive stepfather for a couple of years. If a law like this had been in place, maybe my mother wouldn't have gotten the crap kicked out of her on a weekly basis.

And................training isn't just limited to salons, because Uber sends it's drivers tips on how to spot human traffickers, and this week, because of that, an Uber driver not only saved a runaway from being pimped out, but he also managed to break up a sex trafficking ring.

Get ready for the gov to start encouraging the garbage man,the appliance repair man,your maid,the pool man,and anyone else who has accesses your private space to report you for perceived illegal activity....hello nazi Germany.
Articles: Citizen Informants

I was kinda of thinking the same thing, but couldn't resist the cut down.. :)

But I don't get what they are suppose to do? And don't they do that anyways for the past 100 years?

A damn barber

Floyd.jpg

WRONG.

I've "seen women at the barber shop" too, including barbers. None of that changes the fact that barberism is for men, nor that no "barber" was even mentioned in your article, nor does it diminish the fact that you made up "barber" as an adolescent attempt to twist your own story.

What are you babbling about now?

Again a barber and a hairstylist is the same damn thing.

Absolutely no difference, in fact in the old days women also went to the barber to get there teeth pulled.

A damn barber

Floyd.jpg

WRONG.

What are you babbling about now?

Again a barber and a hairstylist is the same damn thing.

Absolutely no difference, in fact in the old days women also went to the barber to get there teeth pulled.

Other than a you need a license to cut beard hair.
Which of course is retarded as hell.

But I don't get what they are suppose to do? And don't they do that anyways for the past 100 years?

Actually, there is no requirement for hairdressers to report abuse that I know of. And, people who abuse their spouses usually have a very set way of doing it. My stepfather would never hit my mother in the face, but if you looked at her shoulders, arms, legs and back, you would see the bruises. Hairdressers not only would be able to spot stuff like that, but women tend to have a special relationship with their stylist and will talk to them about a lot of stuff.

Just like the Uber driver who saw something that didn't look right and called the police, if the stylist suspects that a woman is being abused, she should look at the suspected person who is being abused, and if they show up on a regular basis with suspicious bruises, they should be reported.

I remember the only time that abuse was reported in my family, and it wasn't because of the stylist, it was because of my 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Goode. She touched my shoulder one morning and I damn near jumped out of my skin from the pain. She sent me to the nurse and they saw what had been done to me.

I'd been beaten with a belt buckle so hard that you could see what the belt buckle picture was clearly. A man on a bucking bronc with a lariat, and there were several places on my back that the imprint was clear.

It was shortly after that incident that my mother filed for divorce, but it came 2 years too late.

Yes, I think a law like this would be helpful.

Actually, there is no requirement for hairdressers to report abuse that I know of. And, people who abuse their spouses usually have a very set way of doing it. My stepfather would never hit my mother in the face, but if you looked at her shoulders, arms, legs and back, you would see the bruises. Hairdressers not only would be able to spot stuff like that, but women tend to have a special relationship with their stylist and will talk to them about a lot of stuff.

Just like the Uber driver who saw something that didn't look right and called the police, if the stylist suspects that a woman is being abused, she should look at the suspected person who is being abused, and if they show up on a regular basis with suspicious bruises, they should be reported.

I remember the only time that abuse was reported in my family, and it wasn't because of the stylist, it was because of my 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Goode. She touched my shoulder one morning and I damn near jumped out of my skin from the pain. She sent me to the nurse and they saw what had been done to me.

I'd been beaten with a belt buckle so hard that you could see what the belt buckle picture was clearly. A man on a bucking bronc with a lariat, and there were several places on my back that the imprint was clear.

It was shortly after that incident that my mother filed for divorce, but it came 2 years too late.

And meanwhile the OP thinks he can brush it away by dishonestly titling it something it's not, and then is too much of a damn WIMP to man up to it.

Thanks for your story. Well said.

And meanwhile the OP thinks he can brush it away by dishonestly titling it something it's not, and then is too much of a damn WIMP to man up to it.

Thanks for your story. Well said.

Dishonesty?

Again a barber and a hairstylist is the same damn thing, just a fancy word for it.

Next you going to tell us their is a difference between a damn operator and an "associate " a shipping clerk and a "logistics personal" give us a break retardo

Forum List

Back