oh god, New law in Illinois requires barbers to take a course in domestic abuse.

You know, this isn't such a bad idea for a law. Why? Because salons are generally one of the few places that a woman in an abusive relationship can go without her husband hovering over her. I know, I lived with an abusive stepfather for a couple of years. If a law like this had been in place, maybe my mother wouldn't have gotten the crap kicked out of her on a weekly basis.

And................training isn't just limited to salons, because Uber sends it's drivers tips on how to spot human traffickers, and this week, because of that, an Uber driver not only saved a runaway from being pimped out, but he also managed to break up a sex trafficking ring.

Read the story, it's pretty cool. I saw this on the evening news tonight.

Uber driver saves 16-year-old girl from sex trafficking

I was kinda of thinking the same thing, but couldn't resist the cut down.. :)

But I don't get what they are suppose to do? And don't they do that anyways for the past 100 years?

Actually, there is no requirement for hairdressers to report abuse that I know of. And, people who abuse their spouses usually have a very set way of doing it. My stepfather would never hit my mother in the face, but if you looked at her shoulders, arms, legs and back, you would see the bruises. Hairdressers not only would be able to spot stuff like that, but women tend to have a special relationship with their stylist and will talk to them about a lot of stuff.

Just like the Uber driver who saw something that didn't look right and called the police, if the stylist suspects that a woman is being abused, she should look at the suspected person who is being abused, and if they show up on a regular basis with suspicious bruises, they should be reported.

I remember the only time that abuse was reported in my family, and it wasn't because of the stylist, it was because of my 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Goode. She touched my shoulder one morning and I damn near jumped out of my skin from the pain. She sent me to the nurse and they saw what had been done to me.

I'd been beaten with a belt buckle so hard that you could see what the belt buckle picture was clearly. A man on a bucking bronc with a lariat, and there were several places on my back that the imprint was clear.

It was shortly after that incident that my mother filed for divorce, but it came 2 years too late.

Yes, I think a law like this would be helpful.

I see more of your point now instead of just talking, listen to what they are not saying and watch for the signs.. Some people need to be trained for that.

Where do you see anything about "barbers"?

Read your own link?

What do you think a barber is? Smh

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

bar·ber
ˈbärbər/
noun
noun: barber; plural noun: barbers
  1. 1.
    a person who cuts hair, especially men's, and shaves or trims beards as an occupation.
(again --- from Latin barba, meaning beard -- which is why its clientele male gender specific by definition)

2. A word that does not appear in the description of the law in the OP's fucking article anywhere;

3. A weasel word used by the OP to distort the entire woman-centered function of his subject and present the implication that it's a measure for abused husbands, a bullshittery he then CONFIRMED in his OP text --- right there in his first line.​

Any more questions?

Read your own link?

bar·ber
ˈbärbər/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who cuts hair, especially men's, and shaves or trims beards as an occupation.
(again --- from Latin barba, meaning beard -- which is why its clientele male gender specific by definition)

2. A word that does not appear in the description of the law in the OP's fucking article anywhere;

3. A weasel word used by the OP to distort the entire woman-centered function of his subject and present the implication that it's a measure for abused husbands, a bullshittery he then CONFIRMED in his OP text --- right there in his first line.​

Any more questions?

Yea were you born retarded or learned it from union teachers?

Again tell me the difference between barbers and hairstylist?

None zip, Natta they both cut hair, women's hair no matter what they tell you. No matter how they overprice it, is the same thing as men's.

Read your own link?

bar·ber
ˈbärbər/
noun
  1. 1.

Any more questions?

None zip, Natta they both cut hair, women's hair no matter what they tell you. No matter how they overprice it, is the same thing as men's.

hair·styl·ist
ˈherˌstīləst/
noun
noun: hair-stylist; noun: hair stylist
  1. a person who cuts and styles people's hair professionally.

Read your own link?

bar·ber
ˈbärbər/
noun
  1. 1.

Any more questions?

hair·styl·ist
ˈherˌstīləst/
noun

Read it an weep

hair stylist > synonyms
4 coiffeur n.barber, person
1 hairdresser n.barber, person
0 barber n.person, cutter

Read your own link?

bar·ber
ˈbärbər/
noun
  1. 1.

Any more questions?

hair·styl·ist
ˈherˌstīləst/
noun

Read it an weep

hair stylist > synonyms

Poor Pogo loses again to bear513..you do know what a synonym is right?

There is no requirement in this law at all for reporting abuse. I can't think of any law in the country requiring a third party to report abuse of an adult not an elderly dependant.

The law is supposed to help hair stylists identify abuse and encourage the client to report it. The risk is always that injury isn't from abuse but consensual sexual activity.

Read your own link?

bar·ber
ˈbärbər/
noun
  1. 1.

Any more questions?

hair·styl·ist
ˈherˌstīləst/
noun

Read it an weep

hair stylist > synonyms

Read YOUR OWN ARTICLE and weep. It never once mentions "barbers" at all. >>***YOU***<< made that up in an attempt to pollute your own story. >>***YOU***<< got busted for said weasel words, and now >>***YOU***<< can't man up to admit how you got busted.

bar·ber
ˈbärbər/
noun
  1. 1.

Any more questions?

hair·styl·ist
ˈherˌstīləst/
noun

Read it an weep

hair stylist > synonyms

Read YOUR OWN ARTICLE and weep. It never once mentions "barbers" at all. >>***YOU***<< made that up in an attempt to pollute your own story. >>***YOU***<< got busted for said weasel words, and now >>***YOU***<< can't man up to admit how you got busted.

Now you are going to argue against the Webster dictionary?

Again hairstylist is the same thing as a barber.

syn·o·nym
ˈsinəˌnim/
noun
  1. a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close.
    synonyms: alternate, substitute, alternative,equivalent, euphemism
    "'harsh' may be used as synonym for 'oppressive'"
    • a person or thing so closely associated with a particular quality or idea that the mention of their name calls it to mind.
      "the Victorian age is a synonym for sexual puritanism

bar·ber
ˈbärbər/
noun
  1. 1.

Any more questions?

hair·styl·ist
ˈherˌstīləst/
noun

Read it an weep

hair stylist > synonyms

syn·o·nym
ˈsinəˌnim/
noun
  1. a word or phrase that means exactly or nearly the same as another word or phrase in the same language, for example shut is a synonym of close.
    • a person or thing so closely associated with a particular quality or idea that the mention of their name calls it to mind.

Oh FUCK YOU Troll.

Here's the entire text of the bill going into effect January 1st --- WHICH IS IN YOUR OWN LINK.

It mentions how the law applies, in order, to
  • Cosmetologists
  • "estheticians"
  • nail technicians and
  • Hair braiders

NOWHERE does it say anything about "barbers", fucking dishonest HACK.

hair·styl·ist
ˈherˌstīləst/
noun

Read it an weep

hair stylist > synonyms

syn·o·nym
ˈsinəˌnim/
noun

Oh FUCK YOU Troll.

Here's the entire text of the bill going into effect January 1st --- WHICH IS IN YOUR OWN LINK.

• Cosmetologists
  • "estheticians"
  • nail technicians and
  • Hair braiders

I am a troll?

You're on my thread embarrassing yourself trying to say you know more then webster dictionary does..

Again barber and hairstylist is the same

Fucking thing

hair·styl·ist
ˈherˌstīləst/
noun

Read it an weep

hair stylist > synonyms

syn·o·nym
ˈsinəˌnim/
noun

Oh FUCK YOU Troll.

• Cosmetologists
  • "estheticians"
  • nail technicians and
  • Hair braiders

Because moron like it was pointed out they are the same thing....

hair·styl·ist
ˈherˌstīləst/
noun

Read it an weep

hair stylist > synonyms

syn·o·nym
ˈsinəˌnim/
noun

Oh FUCK YOU Troll.

• Cosmetologists
  • "estheticians"
  • nail technicians and
  • Hair braiders

Now you pissed me off, I am going to ask my old girlfriend Carol who owns Carols hair affair in Elk Grove village Illinois on FB

BrB

What the fuck is a hair stylist?

A damn barber

Floyd.jpg

WRONG.

Barbers are by definition for men, hence the derivation from barbe -- the beard. And it's a term that appears nowhere in your entire story except in the name of the state law it modifies --- which is general to the entire umbrella of that profession.

NOWHERE does it say or even slightly imply that it's for identifying abused husbands. You completely made that up. Which tells us volumes about how you see women.

Wrong I have seen women before at the barber shop. A hair cut is a damn haircut

I've "seen women at the barber shop" too, including barbers. None of that changes the fact that barberism is for men, nor that no "barber" was even mentioned in your article, nor does it diminish the fact that you made up "barber" as an adolescent attempt to twist your own story.

You got busted for weasel words, Jackwagon. Man up and admit it.

What are you babbling about now?

Again a barber and a hairstylist is the same damn thing.

Absolutely no difference, in fact in the old days women also went to the barber to get there teeth pulled.
I guess that this is my lesson for the day where you learn something every day. A hair cut and a dental procedure all in the same place....wow.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Read it an weep

hair stylist > synonyms

syn·o·nym
ˈsinəˌnim/
noun

Oh FUCK YOU Troll.

• Cosmetologists
  • "estheticians"
  • nail technicians and
  • Hair braiders

Now you pissed me off, I am going to ask my old girlfriend Carol who owns Carols hair affair in Elk Grove village Illinois on FB

BrB

And this is what she told me partisan troll...

"Well I don't honestly know. I think its hairstylists because we have more female clients who might be being abused. I think it would have to be different training for a barber to spot an abused man or the actual abuser."

I will find out the real deal soon enough..

syn·o·nym
ˈsinəˌnim/
noun

Oh FUCK YOU Troll.

• Cosmetologists
  • "estheticians"
  • nail technicians and
  • Hair braiders

BrB

"Well I don't honestly know. I think its hairstylists because we have more female clients who might be being abused. I think it would have to be different training for a barber to spot an abused man or the actual abuser."

---- which is what I told you from the beginning when I called out your weasel-word title inserting a term that was never there, DISHONEST HACK WITH NO BALLS.

syn·o·nym
ˈsinəˌnim/
noun

Oh FUCK YOU Troll.

• Cosmetologists
  • "estheticians"
  • nail technicians and
  • Hair braiders

BrB

---- which is what I told you from the beginning when I called out your weasel-word title inserting a term that was never there, DISHONEST HACK WITH NO BALLS.

Bullshit, I am more honest and have way more balls then any guy you met..

I posted carols response word for word..

And she said she wasn't sure

You are more concerned with the definition of a word rather than the definition of the statute. The statute applies to anyone receiving a license, no matter what they are called. They could be called hair strand separators. It doesn't matter. If they need a license to open their doors, this provision applies to them.

Forum List

Back