Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine vetoes bill banning gender-affirming care for transgender minors

“Were I to sign House Bill 68 or were House Bill 68 to become law, Ohio would be saying that the state, that the government knows better what is medically best for a child than the two people who love that child the most, the parents,” DeWine observed. “These are gut-wrenching decisions that should be made by parents and should be informed by teams of doctors who are advising them.”

Excellent. When is Ohio banning vampires, zombie, and Catholic Priests? If one child can be saved...

This is what I expected, but didn't know if there was an actual law in place, or if that was hospital ethics policy.
Catholic Priests are on the endangered species list and a percentage left are Prog demonic now. So the rest is up to you.

Ohio’s Republican Gov. Mike DeWine has vetoed legislation that would have barred transgender youth from receiving gender-affirming care.

DeWine said signing the bill would “be saying that the state, the government” knows what’s better for youth than their parents.

Just as abortion bans would be saying that the state, the government knows what’s better for women than their doctors and family.

Perhaps one Republican is finally understanding that limited government, less government is much more than just reckless, irresponsible tax cuts and deregulation.
I agree, just leave the children alone

No one should be allowed to get a exchange operation under the age of 18. If parents allow it, they should be arrested.

This is just common sense stuff. Not allowed to buy a pack of cigarettes into your 21 which is kind of crazy because you can go and fight in a war and die for this country at the age of 18 but you can’t get a pack of cigarettes.

Peoplevl abusing animals gobto jail for it. But parents help push a 10 year old child to cut his TallyWacker Off is Mind your own business?????

The governor said it best:
“Were I to sign House Bill 68 or were House Bill 68 to become law, Ohio would be saying that the state, that the government knows better what is medically best for a child than the two people who love that child the most, the parents,” DeWine observed. “These are gut-wrenching decisions that should be made by parents and should be informed by teams of doctors who are advising them.”

The governor said it best:
How ahout parents mental state? Most are from parents who alteady did it to themselves. A dang child shouldnt be in that mindset to begin with.

In most cases they are mentally ill who do these things.

Ohio’s Republican Gov. Mike DeWine has vetoed legislation that would have barred transgender youth from receiving gender-affirming care.

DeWine said signing the bill would “be saying that the state, the government” knows what’s better for youth than their parents.

Just as abortion bans would be saying that the state, the government knows what’s better for women than their doctors and family.

Perhaps one Republican is finally understanding that limited government, less government is much more than just reckless, irresponsible tax cuts and deregulation.

Much respect for this veto.
That said, I did support the part of the bill that did not allow biological men to play in girls sports.
I'd like to see a stand alone bill on this at the federal level.

Ummmmm, as usual, you guys only read what you want to read. The Ohio governor vetoed it because the thinks using executive action would survive courts better than passing the law, so that is what he plans on doing. You guys are just so stupid.

Dewine should probably have his hard drive investigated

I agree, just leave the children alone
The right’s hypocrisy is on full display, as is the fact that Republicans are wrong on the issues.

What conservatives need to understand is that ‘limited government/less government’ is far much more than just reckless, irresponsible tax cuts and deregulation – it’s also keeping government out of the personal lives of Americans.

Forum List

Back