Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine vetoes bill banning gender-affirming care for transgender minors

DeWine said signing the bill would “be saying that the state, the government” knows what’s better for youth than their parents.

Every American should agree with this – that most conservatives don’t comes as no surprise.
Do you agree with states banning "conversion therapy"?

DeWine said signing the bill would “be saying that the state, the government” knows what’s better for youth than their parents.

Every American should agree with this – that most conservatives don’t comes as no surprise.
In some cases, the gvt absolutely knows better than the parents. Do you disagree?

Elective surgery on physically healthy minors is not a culture war.
Yes it is. Obvious child abuse isn't debatable. When half the country sees it one way, and half sees it the other, or even a large minority sees it differently, the majority has no business forcing their opinion via the state.

Yes it is. Obvious child abuse isn't debatable. When half the country sees it one way, and half sees it the other, or even large minority sees it differently, the majority has no business forcing their opinion via the state.
half the country doesnt see oit one way,,

most people know castrating children and mutilating their genitals is the wrong thing to do,,

Yes it is. Obvious child abuse isn't debatable. When half the country sees it one way, and half sees it the other, or even a large minority sees it differently, the majority has no business forcing their opinion via the state.
No way in high hell does half county support these surgeries and hormone therapies. NFW. You are experimenting on children. There have been zero, repeat zero, long term studies on these surgeries and hormone therapies.

No way in high hell does half county support these surgeries and hormone therapies. NFW You are experimenting on children. There have been zero, repeat zero, long term studies on these surgeries and hormone therapies.
I agree. I think it's a sick fad. But lots of other people see it differently. Maybe not half, but there's certainly no clear consensus on the matter. This is a question for society to resolve on its own. Not something that should be forced on people by the state.

I agree. I think it's a sick fad. But lots of other people see it differently. Maybe not half, but there's certainly no clear consensus on the matter. This is a question for society to resolve on its own. Not something that should be forced on people by the state.
the state is not forcing anything on anyone,,

its saying you cant castrate or mutilate the genitals of your child,,

Nope. Experimenting on children, Surgeries and hormonal therapies on physically healthy children should never be allowed. Is it really any different than some Fundi asshole beating the shit out of his kids who are acting up to beat the devil out of them? Should we leave that up to the parents?

Nope. Experimenting on children, Surgeries and hormonal therapies on physically healthy children should never be allowed. Is it really any different than some Fundi asshole beating the shit out of his kids who are acting up to beat the devil out of them? Should we leave that up to the parents?
Many people see "conversion therapy" as equally abusive. Should we leave that up to the parents?

Forum List

Back