Ohio Joins The Attempt To Shit on The Constitution and Eliminate The Electoral College

All I am hearing from you is that my vote shouldn't count and that I should just accept it. Never. I understand your argument and I am not entirely unsympathetic but I fail to see how it would matter that much. The ratio of urban to rural is now so tilted that the populous states control the lion's share anyway.

If you're in Nevada, North Dakota, or New Mexico your vote isn't going to count on a nationwide popular vote anymore than it will count in the EV system. Say your candidate does win; She is going to spend 90-95% of the time talking to the voters in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago and crafting a message to get as many votes from those major metropolitan areas as possible (so will the other major party candidate as well).

You have a much better chance of having your issues spoken to in the EV than the straight popular vote.

Additionally, currently we have two major political parties. What happens if we get 3, 4 or 5 cranked up and going? Currently we have about 130M voting. And currently it's about 65M each or 50/50%. Get a 3rd Party and you may end 45/40/15%. Four parties? 35/30/20/15% You want to have a President who gets 35% of the vote? What do you do in that case? Just accept it?

Last edited:
Ohioans might vote to ditch Electoral College. Who's behind the effort? That's a mystery

DemNazis...

If you cannot win fair, you need to change The Rules so you can cheat!

We are in a Civil War.

And The Dems are Invading this country from The Southern Border and attacking our Constitution in our courts and legislatures.

It can never be done. Ratification of an amendment to the Constitution requires 3/4 of the States, and even discussing the issue to begin with and proposing the amendment takes 2/3 of the States.

Democrats would have to threaten the vastly more numerous small states with military invasion to force them into compliance...at which point...let the 2nd Amendment remedies begin.
Pogo

Why did you vote "funny" ? Read Article V yourself.

The Congress, whenever two thirds of both Houses shall deem it necessary, shall propose Amendments to this Constitution, or, on the Application of the Legislatures of two thirds of the several States, shall call a Convention for proposing Amendments, which, in either Case, shall be valid to all Intents and Purposes, as Part of this Constitution, when ratified by the Legislatures of three fourths of the several States, or by Conventions in three fourths thereof, as the one or the other Mode of Ratification may be proposed by the Congress; Provided that no Amendment which may be made prior to the Year One thousand eight hundred and eight shall in any Manner affect the first and fourth Clauses in the Ninth Section of the first Article; and that no State, without its Consent, shall be deprived of its equal Suffrage in the Senate.

Read the second half of your post. There's your answer. Duh?

As I have told you before this is an attempt right now to completely change the way The Electoral College votes are Distributed. Right now The Left does not have the votes to completely overturn The EC so they are undermining it.

Example:

The initiative they have put forth in Ohio and elsewhere if it were in place in 2016 means that despite Trump winning Ohio all of Ohio’s EC Votes would have went to Clinton instead. Now you know why they want open borders voting rights for illegals and want The President elected solely on The Popular vote.

Essentially it is a way to Steal EC votes from The Midwest and give them to The East Coast and West Coast making California and New York Defacto Dictators over the entire country when it comes To National Elections!

What they tried in 2016 is to water down The EC by running 2,000 presidential candidates in all 50 states.

Add in millions of illegals flooding the country, Dems letting them vote, and Midwestern States will be irrelevant and without a voice in National Politics!

What they are trying for 2020 is to award a state’s EC votes, even if they votes for an “R” to The Dem Candidate if they win The Popular Vote.

This means if this were in place in 2016, that the 33 States who voted for Trump will have had their vote nullified and they would have been forced to throw all their EC votes to Clinton who only won 17 States.

As I have told you before this is an attempt right now to completely change the way The Electoral College votes are Distributed. Right now The Left does not have the votes to completely overturn The EC so they are undermining it.

Example:

The initiative they have put forth in Ohio and elsewhere if it were in place in 2016 means that despite Trump winning Ohio all of Ohio’s EC Votes would have went to Clinton instead. Now you know why they want open borders voting rights for illegals and want The President elected solely on The Popular vote.

Essentially it is a way to Steal EC votes from The Midwest and give them to The East Coast and West Coast making California and New York Defacto Dictators over the entire country when it comes To National Elections!

What they tried in 2016 is to water down The EC by running 2,000 presidential candidates in all 50 states.

Add in millions of illegals flooding the country, Dems letting them vote, and Midwestern States will be irrelevant and without a voice in National Politics!

What they are trying for 2020 is to award a state’s EC votes, even if they votes for an “R” to The Dem Candidate if they win The Popular Vote.

This means if this were in place in 2016, that the 33 States who voted for Trump will have had their vote nullified and they would have been forced to throw all their EC votes to Clinton who only won 17 States.

It's not going to fly. They will forfeit their votes if they do that.

The Candidate with the most Geographical appeal is who should represent the country and majority of states.

All I am hearing from you is that my vote shouldn't count and that I should just accept it. Never. I understand your argument and I am not entirely unsympathetic but I fail to see how it would matter that much. The ratio of urban to rural is now so tilted that the populous states control the lion's share anyway.

If you're in Nevada, North Dakota, or New Mexico your vote isn't going to count on a nationwide popular vote anymore than it will count in the EV system. Say your candidate does win; She is going to spend 90-95% of the time talking to the voters in New York, Los Angeles, and Chicago and crafting a message to get as many votes from those major metropolitan areas as possible (so will the other major party candidate as well).

You have a much better chance of having your issues spoken to in the EV than the straight popular vote.

Additionally, currently we have two major political parties. What happens if we get 3, 4 or 5 cranked up and going? Currently we have about 130M voting. And currently it's about 65M each or 50/50%. Get a 3rd Party and you may end 45/40/15%. Four parties? 35/30/20/15% You want to have a President who gets 35% of the vote? What do you do in that case? Just accept it?

A lot of states have already passed this....

Example:

It's not going to fly. They will forfeit their votes if they do that.

Ohioans might vote to ditch Electoral College. Who's behind the effort? That's a mystery

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

And The Dems are Invading this country from The Southern Border and attacking our Constitution in our courts and legislatures.
You seem to have no idea what the Constitution is.

The states have the right to do as they wish regarding their Electors or Amend the Constitution if they so choose.

The Candidate with the most Geographical appeal is who should represent the country and majority of states.

Geographic Appeal?

So rocks and trees should determine our government?

All these problems have solutions that serve democracy just fine as long as democracy is our goal.

All these problems have solutions that serve democracy just fine as long as democracy is our goal.

Potentially winning with 35% of the vote is democratic?

/—-/ Sure it is. Happens all the time in non presidential races like a three way governors race.

/—-/ Sure it is. Happens all the time in non presidential races like a three way governors race.

It may happen.
It's not democratic (majority rule).
Majority rule - Wikipedia

But yes, it does happen.

That was my question to Occupied...

This is not an amendment.

It is illegal legislation designed to steal EC votes and throw them to a candidate that did not win that state!

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

The constitution was written to be amended from time to time.

It is illegal legislation designed to steal EC votes and throw them to a candidate that did not win that state!

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

Actually it is an amendment. But all this is going to accomplish is a fight to the higher courts at a cost to taxpayers. The petition is to have this amendment proposal put on the ballot for next election. However our State Constitution cannot override the US Constitution. It will be defeated one way or another.

That’s the whole point is to nullify Flyover and Rural states votes and to let California & New York be Dictators over The Whole County!

Bullshit, it rewrites The Constitution giving all of Ohio’s Electoral Votes to Hillary Clinton even if President Trump Wins Ohio!

IF this were in place in 2016, then it not only stabs Ohio voters in the back, but everyone not living in New York City Chicago, Miami or Los Angelos has Zero Representation in National Elections for President.

It would Completely overturn The 2016 Election and have All The States Trump won 33 of them actually cast their votes for Clinton.

Wake the Hell Up People!

It’s a big Screw You to All The State’s Voters!

These people proposing this need to be hunted down and dragged through the streets then tarred and feathered and set on fire!

:rofl:

Read your own link Drama Llama. Nothing in it says anything about "ditching the Electoral College". It's actually entirely within the guidelines of the Constitution. Unless of course you can show the class where the COTUS dictates how the states "must" choose electors.

Rotsa ruck finding that Dumbass.
It gives electoral votes to the winner of the popular vote, how is this unfair? Unfair is my presidential vote has only counted one time in my life.

In that state? Or the winner of the nationwide popular vote, which would be impossible to tally without that state's vote so that's a non-starter.

That'd be the quickest way to get your state's vote annulled I ever heard of.

Derp!

Relax, it's not going to go anywhere. If the states that pass it implement it, they forfeit their votes. It may even get passed in a couple states, and the constituents are gonna be pissed at the legislators that passed it for getting their votes nullified with a stunt like that.

It won't get past the Supreme Court. What this proposal would do is nullify the electoral vote and put in place the popular vote, but just not calling it the popular vote.

If people don’t stand up against it and inform others about it, you just can’t take things for granted anymore.

Look how Obama weaponized The FBI, DOJ, FISA, CIA, NSA against a Duky Elected President with a Fake Russia Collusion Hoax That held our Government hostage for three years!

Speak out or you will lose your voice!

That’s the whole point is to nullify Flyover and Rural states votes and to let California & New York be Dictators over The Whole County!

Bullshit, it rewrites The Constitution giving all of Ohio’s Electoral Votes to Hillary Clinton even if President Trump Wins Ohio!

IF this were in place in 2016, then it not only stabs Ohio voters in the back, but everyone not living in New York City Chicago, Miami or Los Angelos has Zero Representation in National Elections for President.

It would Completely overturn The 2016 Election and have All The States Trump won 33 of them actually cast their votes for Clinton.

Wake the Hell Up People!

It’s a big Screw You to All The State’s Voters!

These people proposing this need to be hunted down and dragged through the streets then tarred and feathered and set on fire!
It gives electoral votes to the winner of the popular vote, how is this unfair? Unfair is my presidential vote has only counted one time in my life.

In that state? Or the winner of the nationwide popular vote, which would be impossible to tally without that state's vote so that's a non-starter.

Derp!

Relax, it's not going to go anywhere. If the states that pass it implement it, they forfeit their votes. It may even get passed in a couple states, and the constituents are gonna be pissed at the legislators that passed it for getting their votes nullified with a stunt like that.

It won't get past the Supreme Court. What this proposal would do is nullify the electoral vote and put in place the popular vote, but just not calling it the popular vote.

So you think California New York, Washington State, Louisiana, and Illinois should throw out the Votes of the other 44 States?

Why should a few populous cities dictate Fascist Ideologies to the other 83% of the country?

Do you know Hillary Von Cankles only won 17 states?

President Trump won 33. Why should The 33 states he won be given to Clinton in direct violation of The Will Of The People?

I call it Violation because it is Literally a Rape Of Democracy and Lady Liberty to deny those people in those States their voice!

You know who doesn’t have an Electoral College?

Russia!

This is a nationwide organized attempt at cheating in presidential elections cooked up by Democrats.

The spotlight needs to be on this a lot more than it is. They'll name the bills something incredibly opposite to fool people. "The Restore Democracy Act" or something.
Let's see the republicans give up their shameless gerrymandering and voter suppression and then they can complain about cheating.
Progs have gotten most of the stuff they ever wanted and it is never enough. You rule many cities but have a problem with smaller ones. There are many Dems who are not totally Progs in those smaller ones and you lost that vote in 2016. You have legalized people chitting in the middle of center city streets in a large city!
I have lived in the south all my life and my vote has only ever counted once. One time since the 80s. I'm about tired of it. My vote gets thrown in the trash while my Republican neighbor's count. It's not right and it has to end.

This is true. However what the EC does is give those people in less populated states some say-so instead of no say-do at all. A popular vote, or in this case, giving all the college votes to whoever wins the popular vote is no different than just having a popular vote.

DemNazis...

We are in a Civil War.

Calm down Skippy.

Only in America can the candidate who wins fewer votes can get elected.

Doesn't that seem like a bad way to run a democratic republic?

If people don’t stand up against it and inform others about it, you just can’t take things for granted anymore.

Look how Obama weaponized The FBI, DOJ, FISA, CIA, NSA against a Duky Elected President with a Fake Russia Collusion Hoax That held our Government hostage for three years!

Speak out or you will lose your voice!

Derp!

Well first off, they are going to need enough signatures to even get it on the ballot. That's a hurdle in itself. Next they would have to use propaganda to make it sound like what it's not. That too would be difficult as Fox and other national talk show hosts would point out the lies in their language; not to mention local talk show hosts like Bob Frantz here in Cleveland.

You are correct that we just can't sit back and expect things to go our way. Sitting back and making assumptions is how New York ended up with a dingbat congress lady who wiped tables for a living.

Forum List

Back