Ohio Student Suspended for Staying in Class During Walkout

How about the residual effect of this also. They are creating a society of Groputhink. Where these "activists" apparently take a stand, but when they face a contrarian stance, they punish the kid!

What kind of Operation is this they are running? "Kids, follow what The Man tells you, and if you dare be an individual, you will be punished. You must agree with our position on guns or else..." If I am the parents I make a beeline to the school and demand an explanation.

Now I understand why so many home school their kids.

He was given a choice. He refused both options. How many other choices are you going to offer?

There is no "Groputhink" here except in your overactive imagination.

I am sure the parents received an explanation. Your child was being a jackass and will be punished for it. Have a nice day!

The young boy demonstrated an Independent Thought Process and that is something that they do not like children having.

He will be punished because his thought process was faulty.

His thought process was faulty? What he deviated from Group Think? He chose not to get involved with the teachers bringing POLITICS into the classroom, interesting that you have no opinion on the teachers who allowed the other children to walk out of the school during school time to attend a SJW Bedwetting March when the children all should have been INSIDE the school being educated in traditional educational topics by the teachers.

The teachers did not bring politics into the classroom. Are you seriously that ignorant?

Once again, for possible penetration of a few thick skulls, teachers do not make those decisions! We do as we are instructed, just like the young man should have done.
So the principals instructed the teachers to leave the classrooms and to punish any kids who didn’t want to protest but wanted to be where they where supposed to be - in the classroom?

They are supposed to be where they are told to be. In this case, he was to go to the study hall if they didn't go to the protest, The students needed to be supervised at all times. Would you want 30 teachers supervising 30 individual students and no one watching hundred of other students?

Dont look know but your authoritarianism is showing....

His thought process was faulty? What he deviated from Group Think? He chose not to get involved with the teachers bringing POLITICS into the classroom, interesting that you have no opinion on the teachers who allowed the other children to walk out of the school during school time to attend a SJW Bedwetting March when the children all should have been INSIDE the school being educated in traditional educational topics by the teachers.

The teachers did not bring politics into the classroom. Are you seriously that ignorant?

Once again, for possible penetration of a few thick skulls, teachers do not make those decisions! We do as we are instructed, just like the young man should have done.
So the principals instructed the teachers to leave the classrooms and to punish any kids who didn’t want to protest but wanted to be where they where supposed to be - in the classroom?

They are supposed to be where they are told to be. In this case, he was to go to the study hall if they didn't go to the protest, The students needed to be supervised at all times. Would you want 30 teachers supervising 30 individual students and no one watching hundred of other students?

Any moment now Admiral will lose it completely and post like:

THAT DISOBEDIENT LITTLE FUCKER SHOULD BE AIRDROPPED INTO GITMO FOR DISOBEYING THAT TEACHER.

Yeah, that trait runs so strong in the liberals that you seem to think I am. I have been a school administrator. I know the rules and laws regarding how schools stay out of court.

The young boy demonstrated an Independent Thought Process and that is something that they do not like children having.

You haven’t answered my question.

But anyway, he didn’t want to be associated with the ‘gun nuts’ nor with the protesters, so he went to the classroom where he should have originally been.
Rather than punish him, they should have supplied someone to supervise him - or allowed him to go home UNPUNISHED.

Clearly it hadn't entered the heads of the staff that not all children are robots and not all kids would want to be forced to be associated with either the protesters or the gun nuts - so they did not plan for this WHICH IS THEIR OWN FAULT and he was rather inconvenient for them - even though he wasn’t the one doing something out of the ordinary.

The school is in the wrong,

I hope they get sued.

And you sound like a rather immature despot throughout this whole thread.

How about the residual effect of this also. They are creating a society of Groputhink. Where these "activists" apparently take a stand, but when they face a contrarian stance, they punish the kid!

What kind of Operation is this they are running? "Kids, follow what The Man tells you, and if you dare be an individual, you will be punished. You must agree with our position on guns or else..." If I am the parents I make a beeline to the school and demand an explanation.

He was given a choice. He refused both options. How many other choices are you going to offer?

I am sure the parents received an explanation. Your child was being a jackass and will be punished for it. Have a nice day!

Maybe he was being a jackass, it doesn't explain why these schools are marching kids out as pawns for their own political views.

Oh, and which school board is going to reimburse the Walmart for the "peaceful protest" in their store that ended up being trashed during school hours?

Teachers should teach and ensure students are educated, guide them to being better citizens and let them organize on their own time. There are Second Amendment supporters who pay their taxes also, maybe they don't agree with these kids protesting their rights on their dime.

THAT DISOBEDIENT LITTLE FUCKER SHOULD BE AIRDROPPED INTO GITMO FOR DISOBEYING THAT TEACHER.

No. If he respectfully disagreed for the reasons stated, one day suspension is appropriate. If he was a toxic disrespectful shithead, I would have nailed his ass to a wall!

Also, Miss Know-it-all, he didn't just disobey the teacher. Teachers don't suspend you for misbehavior. An administrator does. I used to be one of those too!

Yeah, that trait runs so strong in the liberals that you seem to think I am. I have been a school administrator. I know the rules and laws regarding how schools stay out of court.

I dont dislike you and you know that.
But you will never convince me or the majority of Republicans that our school system isn't bias.
I understand the fact that you dont want to sully your life's work by disagreeing..I get it.
You seem to be a Christian Man...what are your feelings on religion in our schools?
The pledge of Allegiance?

Maybe he was being a jackass, it doesn't explain why these schools are marching kids out as pawns for their own political views.

Oh, and which school board is going to reimburse the Walmart for the "peaceful protest" in their store that ended up being trashed during school hours?

Teachers should teach and ensure students are educated, guide them to being better citizens and let them organize on their own time. There are Second Amendment supporters who pay their taxes also, maybe they don't agree with these kids protesting their rights on their dime.

They did not "march these kids out". Any other lies you wish to spread? I suggest tempering your fantasies.

You assholes simply just don't get it! Students MUST be supervised at all times when on school grounds. In many states, the school is responsible for your child's well-being from the time they walk out the front door of your house until they walk back in. In my schools, the kids are NEVER anywhere they are not being watched. Bad things happen when they are not.

Once the kid leaves the campus, the school is no longer responsible except for violating the school rule against leaving.

No. If he respectfully disagreed for the reasons stated, one day suspension is appropriate. If he was a toxic disrespectful shithead, I would have nailed his ass to a wall!

Also, Miss Know-it-all, he didn't just disobey the teacher. Teachers don't suspend you for misbehavior. An administrator does. I used to be one of those too!

"Also, Miss Know-it-all"

Never said I know it all, unlike you who have been exceptionally patronising to EVERYONE in this thread and have told EVERYONE that nobody has a right to comment about education UNLESS they are a teacher while at the same time calling people "dumbass" every five minutes.

Thank goodness I was privately educated, I also have a Politics and History Degree, I went to Heidelberg and also Wien and I was at Oxford University for six months in between, considering I was academically successful enough to be accepted into TWO of the BEST Universities in the WORLD Heidelberg and Oxford you can stick your patronisation up your buttocks. I am better educated than you are, I also have been brought up with better manners than you have in that I do not PATRONISE peoples and treat them like they are some backward moron chewing on grass like Up Their Own Buttocks types like you seem to do.

How dare that malcontent wish to learn rather than stage a useless protest that would make Mao and his Red Guards blush. Taxpayer funded schools have a duty to push political issues on impressionable kids! Make him an example, that'll show the little twerp he needs to stop thinking for himself.

Ohio student suspended for staying in class during walkouts

You can not turn up to school. That's fine. Or you can be in school and do what the school says. Fine. But he did neither.

You can not turn up at school or you can be in school and choose not to attend a non-school event on school time.

But you cannot choose to be in which ever room you wish at any time you wish.

But you will never convince me or the majority of Republicans that our school system isn't bias.
I understand the fact that you dont want to sully your life's work by disagreeing..I get it.
You seem to be a Christian Man...what are your feelings on religion in our schools?

English was not your strong suit, I take it?

There is no bias in the vast majority of schools. You need to put the broad brush away.

Teachers have done so much, with so little, for so long that now they are fully qualified to do absolutely everything with nothing whatsoever.

Religion has no place in our schools. We are too secular of a society to impose religion on people.

We say the pledge of allegiance in my school every morning and only in the liberal-dominated inner city school where I once worked, did that not happen.

"Also, Miss Know-it-all"

Never said I know it all, unlike you who have been exceptionally patronising to EVERYONE in this thread and have told EVERYONE that nobody has a right to comment about education UNLESS they are a teacher while at the same time calling people "dumbass" every five minutes.

Thank goodness I was privately educated, I also have a Politics and History Degree, I went to Heidelberg and also Wien and I was at Oxford University for six months in between, considering I was academically successful enough to be accepted into TWO of the BEST Universities in the WORLD Heidelberg and Oxford you can stick your patronisation up your buttocks. I am better educated than you are, I also have been brought up with better manners than you have in that I do not PATRONISE peoples and treat them like they are some backward moron chewing on grass like Up Their Own Buttocks types like you seem to do.

LOL...you and my Wife.
She got a free ride to Harvard but went to work with an investment Banker instead and made a killing on junk bonds and guaranteed Gov loans.

She's worked with the same man for 26 years.

How dare that malcontent wish to learn rather than stage a useless protest that would make Mao and his Red Guards blush. Taxpayer funded schools have a duty to push political issues on impressionable kids! Make him an example, that'll show the little twerp he needs to stop thinking for himself.

You can not turn up to school. That's fine. Or you can be in school and do what the school says. Fine. But he did neither.

You can not turn up at school or you can be in school and choose not to attend a non-school event on school time.

Let's just apply that to the ACT test like we are giving next week. If he is not taking the test, should he just be allowed to do as he wishes or should he go where he is directed?

Pay attention. An ACT test is a school event and is necessary. Therefore, if he had refused to show up for the test then he should be disciplined. The protest was neither a school event or necessary.

He could have stayed home.

He thought he was going to school to learn so why would he have stayed home?

Not everything at school is about learning traditional subjects.

There was a study area he could have gone to to learn, he chose not to go to that area.

Imagine that he turns up to school, decides he doesn't like his class and goes to another classroom which doesn't have his lesson in it, but another lesson. Would this be valid?

Same reason his classmates didn't just sit in class and do their work: because he had a statement to make. Funny how the left only likes that when they've rubber-stamped the message in question.
Another kid was ejected and threatened with arrest because his poster supported the second amendment.
A teacher has been put on leave because she dared to raise the issue of the politics of protest in class before the day of the walkout.
She also had the temerity to ask if an anti abortion protest would also receive teacher/admin support, and would it even be allowed.
Seems only protest the teachers agree are allowed, and those that even question that are swiftly punished.

Those people have valid complaints. This dumbass does not. He made the choice, so he gets to live with it.

I can almost guarantee this kid has frequent flyer points from all of his trips to the principal's office. I know the type.

We've already been over this.
I highly doubt a kid that understands the political ramifications of choosing sides is "that type"
He made a conscious decision to stay neutral and he said as much.

That choice was not offered. Being neutral was going to the study hall. I am sorry that aspect escapes your limited intellect, but not everyone can be valedictorian.

And do you know why he chose to stay in the classroom and not go to the study hall? Because he felt that to go to the study hall would have marked him by those who protested as a "gun nut." And you know what the sad part of that is? He's probably right.

And yet he's gained far more attention by not going to the Study Hall.

English was not your strong suit, I take it?

There is no bias in the vast majority of schools. You need to put the broad brush away.

Teachers have done so much, with so little, for so long that now they are fully qualified to do absolutely everything with nothing whatsoever.

Religion has no place in our schools. We are too secular of a society to impose religion on people.

We say the pledge of allegiance in my school every morning and only in the liberal-dominated inner city school where I once worked, did that not happen.

Alright then.
Carry on........

But anyway, he didn’t want to be associated with the ‘gun nuts’ nor with the protesters, so he went to the classroom where he should have originally been.
Rather than punish him, they should have supplied someone to supervise him - or allowed him to go home UNPUNISHED.

Clearly it hadn't entered the heads of the staff that not all children are robots and not all kids would want to be forced to be associated with either the protesters or the gun nuts - so they did not plan for this WHICH IS THEIR OWN FAULT and he was rather inconvenient for them - even though he wasn’t the one doing something out of the ordinary.

I hope they get sued.

They did to provide someone to supervise him you jackass! That was what the study hall was for!

Only a simpleton would assume the study hall was for "gun nuts". That is your own idiocy shining through!

"Also, Miss Know-it-all"

LOL...you and my Wife.
She got a free ride to Harvard but went to work with an investment Banker instead and made a killing on junk bonds and guaranteed Gov loans.

She's worked with the same man for 26 years.

Well I know peoples who got accepted, so academically they were successful but like your wife decide to just go into something they were offered my best friend is one they were offered an excellent position at a Hedge Fund so that's where they went.

I hope they get sued.

They did to provide someone to supervise him you jackass! That was what the study hall was for!

Only a simpleton would assume the study hall was for "gun nuts". That is your own idiocy shining through!

That you think the SJW crowd would think different.....

Let's just apply that to the ACT test like we are giving next week. If he is not taking the test, should he just be allowed to do as he wishes or should he go where he is directed?

Pay attention. An ACT test is a school event and is necessary. Therefore, if he had refused to show up for the test then he should be disciplined. The protest was neither a school event or necessary.

He could have stayed home.

He thought he was going to school to learn so why would he have stayed home?

Not everything at school is about learning traditional subjects.

There was a study area he could have gone to to learn, he chose not to go to that area.

Imagine that he turns up to school, decides he doesn't like his class and goes to another classroom which doesn't have his lesson in it, but another lesson. Would this be valid?

Un traditional?
Like butt sex and having two dads?

Forum List

Back