Ok Conservatives, don't get too excited but...

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
...In this one instance you guys were right, Harry Reid is a douche and a half. "No apology" thing for claiming erroneously Mitt Romney hadn't paid any taxes during the Presidential run and 'ends justify the means' thing.

You guys were right, he's a dick. :)

Geez...you needed this recent story to prove to yourself Reid is a dick...really?

Reid is not alone...nearly all pols in both parties are lying dicks...if only Americans would wake up to this fact. Our political class is nothing more than common criminals.

Geez...you needed this recent story to prove to yourself Reid is a dick...really?

Reid is not alone...nearly all pols in both parties are lying dicks...if only Americans would wake up to this fact. Our political class is nothing more than common criminals.

Maybe my problem was when conservatives diss EVERY not-conservative you tend to tune it out after a while. So if some genuine criticism comes up it's lost among all the rest?

It's a culture of lying now.

The politicians lie to get elected, then they lie to stay in office, then they lie to help get others on their side elected.

Their sycophants lie to protect them, helping them stay in office.

Sick.

Both sides do it!!! Equally!!!!! There is NO WAY that one of the major parties is more to blame than the other when it comes to dirty money in politics, negative campaigning and misinforming the populace in order to scare them into the voting booth. NO WAY, I tell ya!

The Democratic position improves politically with Reid gone. This is the one effect that the RWnuts aren't paying too much attention to.

Harry never seemed to be playing with a full deck.

Maybe my problem was when conservatives diss EVERY not-conservative you tend to tune it out after a while. So if some genuine criticism comes up it's lost among all the rest?
Do you have the same problem when liberal pols diss EVERY non-liberal pol?

...In this one instance you guys were right, Harry Reid is a douche and a half. "No apology" thing for claiming erroneously Mitt Romney hadn't paid any taxes during the Presidential run and 'ends justify the means' thing.

Harry Reid is Satan incarnate. Too bad you didn't recognize this when he was holding the Senate hostage for the last 6 years. Oh well, better late than never I suppose.

Harry Reid is Satan incarnate. Too bad you didn't recognize this when he was holding the Senate hostage for the last 6 years. Oh well, better late than never I suppose.

In Reid's case since he as much admitted he lied about Romney's tax evasion to effect the election, can't he get charged with election tampering or something like that? Election law isn't my area of expertise but I know that charge exists and sure sounds like Reid did something along those lines. And certainly making an accusation he knew to be untrue from the Senate floor has gotta be an ethics violation.

Reid needs to be prosecuted. Not I want him to be, but he needs to be. Otherwise we're saying you can lie form the Senate floor during an election to throw it.

Perhaps if you guys didn't describe every Democrat that way, the one time you were right woulda stuck out more :)

Reid needs to be prosecuted. Not I want him to be, but he needs to be. Otherwise we're saying you can lie form the Senate floor during an election to throw it.
Yeah, I would love to see that.

At some point, these people need to be taught that they can't get away with this kind of behavior.

There has to be a turning point for both sides to learn this, and this would be a good start.

The Democratic position improves politically with Reid gone. This is the one effect that the RWnuts aren't paying too much attention to.

He isn't gone. Reid will be the Minority leader in the Senate until January, 2017 unless the Democrats decide to vote in a different leader.

We are pretty much right about them too.

Lying to throw an election should result (if convicted) in your being stripped nude, tar and feathered, and being whipped through capitol streets right out of town. Then a big ol fine equivilent to your career in office.

This isn't anywhere close to 'all politicians lie' because of course they do, but not all of them lie to effect a Presidential election. That's a crime against democracy and fair elections itself and something else entirely.

Yeah, I would love to see that.

At some point, these people need to be taught that they can't get away with this kind of behavior.

There has to be a turning point for both sides to learn this, and this would be a good start.

The real turning point came when Clinton got away with lying under oath. Wagging his finger in our collective faces and lying out his ass. Yeah what Reid did was bad but is it the worse thing he has done? Not by a long shot. Getting Yucca mountain closed puts the majority of the nation in danger and he just doesn't care, for one thing.

Forum List

Back