Ok Conservatives, don't get too excited but...

Grrrr.

"Members of Congress are given an absolute privilege to lie with impunity in the House or Senate, if they so desire, by the Speech or Debate Clause in Article I, Section 6 of the U.S. Constitution. It states that, with regard to senators and representatives, "for Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place." The Framers of the Constitution wanted to encourage debate in Congress, and they did not want that debate chilled by the threat of lawsuits."
Who Can Lie to Congress
Holy crap.

Thanks for posting that, and for the thread.

Bit counterintuitive isn't it. Posted a follow-up thread in Constitution suggesting we amend that. :) 'Amend article 1 section 6'
Yeah, but that's where we are.

License to lie. Fabulous.

Grrrr.

"Members of Congress are given an absolute privilege to lie with impunity in the House or Senate, if they so desire, by the Speech or Debate Clause in Article I, Section 6 of the U.S. Constitution. It states that, with regard to senators and representatives, "for Speech or Debate in either House, they shall not be questioned in any other Place." The Framers of the Constitution wanted to encourage debate in Congress, and they did not want that debate chilled by the threat of lawsuits."
Who Can Lie to Congress
Holy crap.

Bit counterintuitive isn't it. Posted a follow-up thread in Constitution suggesting we amend that. :) 'Amend article 1 section 6'

Given this new information, gonna be a hoot bringing it up next thread someone denounces a politician for lying :)

Grrrr.

Who Can Lie to Congress
Holy crap.

Given this new information, gonna be a hoot bringing it up next thread someone denounces a politician for lying :)
The zealots will not admit that their "side" does much, if anything, wrong.

Seems to me that someone in authority has to show the courage to take the lead and hold both "sides" accountable for their dishonesty and their behavior.

The crazies will have to be either marginalized or just run over.

Do you see anyone with that kind of courage?

Grrrr.

Who Can Lie to Congress
Holy crap.

The zealots will not admit that their "side" does much, if anything, wrong.

Seems to me that someone in authority has to show the courage to take the lead and hold both "sides" accountable for their dishonesty and their behavior.

The crazies will have to be either marginalized or just run over.

Do you see anyone with that kind of courage?

Sure. Do you?

...In this one instance you guys were right, Harry Reid is a douche and a half. "No apology" thing for claiming erroneously Mitt Romney hadn't paid any taxes during the Presidential run and 'ends justify the means' thing.

You guys were right, he's a dick. :)

Wait...wouldn't that show that Obama lied about his opponent to win? Say it ain't so.

Forum List

Back