OK Republicans, let’s stop the impeachment once and for all

Offer an alternative

Offer a SOLID Censure of President Trump. Not some mealy mouthed condemnation of violence that ignores the Presidents role. A condemnation that a majority of Republicans won’t sign up to anyway.

In lieu of Impeachment, offer a STRONGLY worded Censure of the Presidents actions leading up to and during the attack on Congress. Offer a Censure that the overwhelming majority of Republicans will support.

In addition to the Trump Censure, offer a bipartisan resolution declaring that the 2020 election was fair and unbiased.

If Republicans won’t do these two things, Democrats should proceed with Impeachment
200.gif

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
Offer an alternative

Offer a SOLID Censure of President Trump. Not some mealy mouthed condemnation of violence that ignores the Presidents role. A condemnation that a majority of Republicans won’t sign up to anyway.

In lieu of Impeachment, offer a STRONGLY worded Censure of the Presidents actions leading up to and during the attack on Congress. Offer a Censure that the overwhelming majority of Republicans will support.

In addition to the Trump Censure, offer a bipartisan resolution declaring that the 2020 election was fair and unbiased.

If Republicans won’t do these two things, Democrats should proceed with Impeachment
I like it. Very good idea, R.W.

Offer an alternative

America, as we have seen this past week is more divided than even liberal progressives thought...Why you idiots would want to throw gas on the fire is beyond me.....But we all should unite right?

America isn't "divided". It's been cleft in two by a Republican Party which can only suvive by lying to the people about the Democrats. Republicans have no policies, no platform, and no plans for the nation, other than to hate Democrats. You don't elect politicians to run your country, you election people who will fight against the Democrats.

Democrats are trying to keep the country from going into the crapper, and Republicans are determined to keep you there. These endless economic crashes are the direct result. I have been watching the Republican Party since Reagan and scratching my head at their behaviour.

The only way Republicans can get elected is to lie. They've become very good at it. Nobody does a character assassination like the Republican Party. That's why the Lincoln Project ads were so good. But it's time for the Republican Party to come up with something other than racism and hate as a platform. To get some ideas of governance other than "cut taxes and double the deficit", because there's no taxes left to cut, and it's time to cut up your credit cards.

America isn't divided? What the hell have you been watching? We are deeply divided, and that division, fed steriods by the Obama administrations, telling half the country to get to the back of the bus, and as evidenced by ridiculous posts here every day, telling Republicans to bend the knee to Democrat ideals, and platforms....Conservatives, and Republicans do absolutely have their own platforms that don't include American's being reliant on Government for their existence....Democrats know that to have absolute power they must first and foremost achieve that reliance, and Republican's are against that...

Republican policies during Trump were responsible for record low unemployment across all sectors and demographics before the madness of Covid fear....The Republicn party since Reagan has been standing in the way of Democrats trying to erode at least the 1st, and 2nd amendments, as well as the take over of the Health insurance industry and nationalizing it...So your premise of Republican's is just a flat out lie...Hyperbolic rhetoric repeated often by outlets that are today more propaganda, than news...I am truly sadened to see that more seemingly intelligent people are falling for it...

It is amazing to me that you can close your post with how Republican's are charcter assasins, while at the same time employing that tactic toward the generalized Republicans as a whole. IMO, it is the left that has constant in their invention of cutisie little bumper sticker nicknames, and phrases to inflame the issues and denegrate their opponents. The constand drumbeat of "racism" in American political rhetoric is prime example...It is a smear that has been so overused by progressive democrats as to be rendered nearly meaningless...

Personally, I carry zero debt on my credit cards. I don't put anything on them that I can't pay off within 1 month....However, if you are talking about the nations credit card, then good luck with that....Hell, Biden has said that the $2000 dollar payments to American's won't happen without a "comprehensive slate of other spending" attached at this point....What the hell do they need more for? Hell they just gave away over a Trillion dollars last month? That's your Democrat party....

Biden's spending is going to make Trump's look petty....

Offer an alternative

Well, kiss my grits. RHIP* so we dims gonna exploit it! Let's not be further condemned for a third error that has to have proof of wrongdoing so whatever we can do that doesn't have to go through scrutiny of other elected bodies who find the nab not guilty, let's just smear a little censure on the angel of a God we do not believe in because our lies have been believed in by everybody who loves Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews who tell us what we love to hear. If we say so, the Republicans have to agree with us or we will make a law that provides calumny against anyone who is a Trump supporter, since all of them are on our hit list for ruin and humiliation that we could not get with the founders bad laws that made us conformists. Bleh!

RHIP= Rank Has Its Privilege

The "angel of God we believe in"????? "Angels of God" don't make policy decisions that kill 360,000 of their own citizens, or set their people against one another for their own political gain.

Trump needs to be impeached again, not just to stop him from running in 2024, but for the Republican Party to, once and for all, repudiate Trump and Trumpism, and for Republicans to take responsibility for enabling this shitshow for so long.

The Republican Party needs to stop its slide into white supremacist authoritarianism. Impeaching its leading proponent would be a start.
Your leaders don't want to kill anybody on their side, they just want it easier to become richer with new laws that say speaking against Democrats is a criminal offense with a death penalty the same hour as conviction without appeal. That way, AOC won't get her little feelings hurt if she doesn't get everything she desires immediately with her new 40 trillion dollar green new deal. :lalala:

Offer an alternative

America, as we have seen this past week is more divided than even liberal progressives thought...Why you idiots would want to throw gas on the fire is beyond me.....But we all should unite right?
Ignoring an attack on Congress only adds to the fire.

The only way to extinguish the fire is to admit that the 2020 election was fair and unbiased. Not because it will stop the violence, but because it is true.

Congress cannot tolerate an attack on Congress to stop the election process. They cannot stand for members being threatened and intimidated. They must hold Trump accountable.

It is folly to think that you are going to get half the population, angered by the bullshit that went on to ensure that Trump lost in this election will now be just declared as "fair and unbiased".... It wasn't, and myself for one will NEVER concede that it was....

You just made Trump a martyr, and now you, and when I say you, I mean Democrats, and as such now you can reap what you are sowing....
It is folly to think that you are going to get half the population, angered by the bullshit that went on to ensure that Trump lost in this election will now be just declared as "fair and unbiased".... It wasn't, and myself for one will NEVER concede that it was....

You just made Trump a martyr, and now you, and when I say you, I mean Democrats, and as such now you can reap what you are sowing....

The onus is on the individual to discern if the election was valid. Each state has certified their elections were “fair and unbiased”.
The Congress has no responsibility to spoon feed you facts to right your convoluted thinking and soothe your childish miscontent.

That's right, on the individual. And no other individual has divine providence over said persons opinions....You have 74 million that disagree with you...Hence the divide. Now, you can either choose to be an adult about that and agree to disagree, or show your own childishness by lashing out and name calling....I think I know the road you will take sadly....

Offer an alternative

We don’t avoid doing the hard work of holding this insurrectionist president to account because the intellectually and emotionally weak among us may become further upset. Whether impeachment makes it through the Senate or not is irrelevant. The purpose is to record for posterity who stood up against such actions and who stood for the protection of our democratic republic from such actions even when doing nothing would be far easier given the time the insurrectionist in chief has left.

Leftists like yourself Hutch don't give two shits about this Republic...The aim of individuals like yourself over the past 40 years at least, as been to tear it down....
Leftists like yourself Hutch don't give two shits about this Republic...The aim of individuals like yourself over the past 40 years at least, as been to tear it down....
Your retarded brethren literally just tried to tear it down, dope.
Grow up and stop being an idiot child.

Not so sure that those people breeching the Capitol were ALL from the right, or Trump supporters...Investigations will reveal....Now that is not to say that there were a fair number of overzealous Trump supporters in that group, but as a whole, I, as well as most Republican's that I know of don't support that kind of nonsense...

But, I will take your point that this was a terrible event, and shouldn't have been done...

As for your name calling, while hiding behind your computer keyboard is just revealing as to your level of testoserone.....
As for your name calling, while hiding behind your computer keyboard is just revealing as to your level of testoserone....
Name calling is not a sign of weakness but rather of exasperation and just getting straight to the point.
I’m done trying to explain the world to incompetent adults who have proven themselves unable, unwilling to listen or who just want to blow it all up.
You all have your own agendas. I find it hard to believe that you all really feel that there is such conspiracies that you espouse. If you do, then calling you a dope is not only apt but rather polite given the circumstances.

Just a little more of the "Unity" y'all are going for no doubt....

Offer an alternative

Well, kiss my grits. RHIP* so we dims gonna exploit it! Let's not be further condemned for a third error that has to have proof of wrongdoing so whatever we can do that doesn't have to go through scrutiny of other elected bodies who find the nab not guilty, let's just smear a little censure on the angel of a God we do not believe in because our lies have been believed in by everybody who loves Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews who tell us what we love to hear. If we say so, the Republicans have to agree with us or we will make a law that provides calumny against anyone who is a Trump supporter, since all of them are on our hit list for ruin and humiliation that we could not get with the founders bad laws that made us conformists. Bleh!

The "angel of God we believe in"????? "Angels of God" don't make policy decisions that kill 360,000 of their own citizens, or set their people against one another for their own political gain.

Trump needs to be impeached again, not just to stop him from running in 2024, but for the Republican Party to, once and for all, repudiate Trump and Trumpism, and for Republicans to take responsibility for enabling this shitshow for so long.

The Republican Party needs to stop its slide into white supremacist authoritarianism. Impeaching its leading proponent would be a start.

What a waste of time....Despite your inaccurate, and inflamatory characterizations....

Offer an alternative

I consider Progs my executioners. Why should I trust you? Everything Prog has not just tried to destroy top level Repubs, but the citizens who have a right to vote for freedom of choice! And I believe in Prog points within self control.

so you’re gonna impeach a man who will already be out of office before the Senate can even begin to discuss the topic?

Offer another option

How do we respond to Trumps horrific actions? Just say “Let’s ignore it because he is leaving anyway”

I offered an alternative in the OP
Why won’t Republicans take it?

Bending a knee is no option....It is a humilation...And you know it...
Telling the truth is not a humiliation

It isn't a "truth" that the Democrats aren't corrupt.

In any event, the hope of Biden here is to eliminate the viable opposition through a program of humiliation, and create a permanent Liberal Governing clique in Washington, just like they have in liberal cities like Detroit, Chicago, and East St. Louis.

The truth is that Trump lost the election. It was not "stolen". To suggest anything else - based on the evidence presented, is a lie. To deny that Trump lost, is participation in a lie designed to destroy American democracy and the American Republic.

To attempt to overthrow the democratically elected government of the United States is a violation of the Constitution, and the nation.

That you view this as a "program of humiation" shows that you are completely clueless. If you can't admit the problem - which is that the Republican Party has lost its way, and has become a party of white racist supremacy, then there is no hope of making things better. There is no way for Republicans to participate in healing the nation without first admitting their problems.

No one is ignoring anything...I haven't seen one Republican yet that has said that anythig should be ignored, in fact the opposite....Most that I know of, including myself are saying that those that breeched the Capitol should be found, arrested, and have the book thrown at them...

What about the people on the videos chanting "Hang Mike Pence" ?

18 U.S. Code § 871 - Threats against President and successors to the Presidency

so you’re gonna impeach a man who will already be out of office before the Senate can even begin to discuss the topic?

Offer another option

How do we respond to Trumps horrific actions? Just say “Let’s ignore it because he is leaving anyway”

In any event, the hope of Biden here is to eliminate the viable opposition through a program of humiliation, and create a permanent Liberal Governing clique in Washington, just like they have in liberal cities like Detroit, Chicago, and East St. Louis.

The truth is that Trump lost the election. It was not "stolen". To suggest anything else - based on the evidence presented, is a lie. To deny that Trump lost, is participation in a lie designed to destroy American democracy and the American Republic.

To attempt to overthrow the democratically elected government of the United States is a violation of the Constitution, and the nation.

That you view this as a "program of humiation" shows that you are completely clueless. If you can't admit the problem - which is that the Republican Party has lost its way, and has become a party of white racist supremacy, then there is no hope of making things better. There is no way for Republicans to participate in healing the nation without first admitting their problems.
New normal = if you can't prove our leaders dispensed with the Constitution to cram down Trump's throat our taking power away from state legislatures in 10 minutes, we will destroy all of you for saying we are knocking out ourselves to humiliate Trump when we are saving America from his Russia collusion that we could never quite prove from the hundred million dollars of your income tax money for numerous inquiries and that cancelled impeachment that he should be convicted for his crime that we just KNOW he did it. It's all his fault for messing us up by telling all on tweeter. He should get the black eye of censure just for thinking he could get away with it by always telling the ******* truth. :lalala:

No one is ignoring anything...I haven't seen one Republican yet that has said that anythig should be ignored, in fact the opposite....Most that I know of, including myself are saying that those that breeched the Capitol should be found, arrested, and have the book thrown at them...

Should that chant be taken literally? Then what are you going to do about Kathy Griffin and her threat to decapitate President Trump?

Offer an alternative

What a waste of time....Despite your inaccurate, and inflamatory characterizations....

Republican lies and incendiary rhetoric are the most destructive force in America today.

Offer another option...

...I offered an alternative in the OP

I don’t see anything wrong with what the President has done, so why would we suggest some form of discipline against him?

Of course you don't, but then you have repeatedly said you're in favour of an authoritarian dictatorship, so there is that.

Offer an alternative

Republican lies and incendiary rhetoric are the most destructive force in America today.

The D's are pretty big on "incendiary rhetoric" too.

But you think America would be better off without a loyal opposition? Sort of like North Korea?

Offer another option

You sound like the Borg from Star Trek the next generation. “You will assimilate, resistance is futile”....I have no intention of that. I know who I am in my heart, and don’t let your fabrication of that phase me in the slightest.
If you want to go around thinking the worst of your fellow man, there is little I can do to help you.

Good afternoon.

What about them? You want to charge them? Be my guest...

Forum List

Back