🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

OK, So if Obama's Release of Five Top Terrorists is Illegal and They Are Back in the Battlefield...

What a clueless dumfuk you must be to think Trump is going anywhere with the support of 35% of 28%. No wonder you idiots wallow in total cluelessness.
Moron, he is in the lead nationally in every state except Iowa.

lol, what a retard.

Mr brainless, fact loathing, hatriot, he has the support of 35% of 28% which is a very small number. Even Karl Rove says he's in line for a major bitch slap from Hillary Clinton. When you finally wake up to the facts you can cry yourself to sleep.

Wrong.

The initial detentions by the Bush administration were illegal.

The detainees released were neither tried nor convicted of any crimes, including terrorism, the consequence of the Bush Administration's incompetence, where the detainees' release was warranted, having nothing to do with Bergdahl.

Indeed, the president was able to salvage something from the Bush Administration's incompetence by securing the release of an American soldier in exchange for detainees entitled to release because the Bush Administration failed to obtain the evidence needed to charge and try prisoners held illegally in indefinite detention.

If the released detainees do commit an act of terror, the fault lies with Bush, not the president.

But, but, but, Bergdahl served with honor and distinction. I know this because Rice, whose credibility is beyond question told us so.

Haji Ghalib: The Afghan Freed From Guantánamo Who Is Now Fighting Islamic State And Taliban
Haji Ghalib: The Afghan Freed From Guantánamo Who Is Now Fighting Islamic State And Taliban – OpEd

When it comes to reports about prisoners released from Guantánamo, there has, since President Obama took office, been an aggressive black propaganda policy — firstly from within the Pentagon and latterly from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence — painting a false picture of the alleged rate of “recidivism” amongst former prisoners, a trend that has also been echoed in the mainstream media, which has repeatedly published whatever nonsense it has been told without questioning it, or asking for anything resembling proof from those government departments that are responsible. For some background, see my articles here, here, here andhere – and my appearance on Democracy Now! in January 2010.

The three outstanding problems with the supposed recidivism rate — beyond the lamentable truth that no information backing up the claims has been made publicly available since 2009, and that the media should therefore have been very wary of it — are, firstly, that lazy or cynical media outlets regular add up the numbers of former prisoners described as “confirmed” and “suspected” recidivists to reach an alarming grand total, which, in recent years, is over 25% of those released, when the numbers of those “suspected” of recidivism are based on unverified, single source reporting, and may very well be unreliable. Back in March 2012, for example, as I explained in my article, “Guantánamo and Recidivism: The Media’s Ongoing Failure to Question Official Statistics,” Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Todd Breasseale said, “Someone on the ‘suspected’ list could very possibly not be engaged in activities that are counter to our national security interests.” (emphasis added).

The second huge problem with the reports is that even the “confirmed” rate is, very evidently, exaggerated, as it is, to be blunt, inconceivable that as many former prisoners as alleged can have been engaged in military or terrorist activities against the US. In the latest DNI report, for example, made available in September 2015, it is claimed that 117 former prisoners (17.9% of those released) are “Confirmed of Reengaging,” but no indication is given of how that can be possible. Claims can certainly be made for a few dozen “recidivists” — primarily in Afghanistan, and amongst those few former Gulf prisoners who apparently set up an Al-Qaeda offshoot in Yemen — but the figure of 117 is simply implausible.

A third important reason for disputing the claims, as noted by the Constitution Project, is that the overwhelming majority of those allegedly “Confirmed of Reengaging” — 111 of the 117 — were released under President Bush, and only six men released by President Obama — just 4.9% of those released on his watch — are regarded as being recidivists; in other words, the current threat is just 4.9%, and as a result, as the Constitution Project explained, “95.1% of detainees transferred during the Obama presidency have not reengaged.”

In the New York Times at the weekend, another more positive take on the reporting about former prisoners took place with the publication of an article about Haji Ghalib (aka Hajji Ghalib), an Afghan former prisoner, who, since his release in 2007, has become a formidable opponent not just of the Taliban, but also of efforts by Isis fighters to make inroads into Afghanistan.

Ghalib, it should be noted, is one of several dozen Afghan prisoners I identified in my research for my bookThe Guantánamo Files as having worked with US forces, but who ended up at Guantánamo because of rivalries with other Afghans, who took advantage of the Americans’ generally woeful intelligence, and their inability or unwillingness to cross-reference information about prisoners, to get their rivals banished to the US prison in Cuba. See the front-page story I wrote for the New York Times with Carlotta Gall, in February 2008, about Abdul Razzaq Hekmati, a heroic opponent of the Taliban, whose appeals for verification of his story were repeatedly ignored. Hekmati died of cancer at Guantánamo in December 2007, but the Bush administration never acknowledged its mistake.

Wow! You win the award for the longest run-on sentence in recorded history. Good job.

Haji Ghalib: The Afghan Freed From Guantánamo Who Is Now Fighting Islamic State And Taliban
Haji Ghalib: The Afghan Freed From Guantánamo Who Is Now Fighting Islamic State And Taliban – OpEd

When it comes to reports about prisoners released from Guantánamo, there has, since President Obama took office, been an aggressive black propaganda policy — firstly from within the Pentagon and latterly from the Office of the Director of National Intelligence — painting a false picture of the alleged rate of “recidivism” amongst former prisoners, a trend that has also been echoed in the mainstream media, which has repeatedly published whatever nonsense it has been told without questioning it, or asking for anything resembling proof from those government departments that are responsible. For some background, see my articles here, here, here andhere – and my appearance on Democracy Now! in January 2010.

The three outstanding problems with the supposed recidivism rate — beyond the lamentable truth that no information backing up the claims has been made publicly available since 2009, and that the media should therefore have been very wary of it — are, firstly, that lazy or cynical media outlets regular add up the numbers of former prisoners described as “confirmed” and “suspected” recidivists to reach an alarming grand total, which, in recent years, is over 25% of those released, when the numbers of those “suspected” of recidivism are based on unverified, single source reporting, and may very well be unreliable. Back in March 2012, for example, as I explained in my article, “Guantánamo and Recidivism: The Media’s Ongoing Failure to Question Official Statistics,” Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Todd Breasseale said, “Someone on the ‘suspected’ list could very possibly not be engaged in activities that are counter to our national security interests.” (emphasis added).

The second huge problem with the reports is that even the “confirmed” rate is, very evidently, exaggerated, as it is, to be blunt, inconceivable that as many former prisoners as alleged can have been engaged in military or terrorist activities against the US. In the latest DNI report, for example, made available in September 2015, it is claimed that 117 former prisoners (17.9% of those released) are “Confirmed of Reengaging,” but no indication is given of how that can be possible. Claims can certainly be made for a few dozen “recidivists” — primarily in Afghanistan, and amongst those few former Gulf prisoners who apparently set up an Al-Qaeda offshoot in Yemen — but the figure of 117 is simply implausible.

A third important reason for disputing the claims, as noted by the Constitution Project, is that the overwhelming majority of those allegedly “Confirmed of Reengaging” — 111 of the 117 — were released under President Bush, and only six men released by President Obama — just 4.9% of those released on his watch — are regarded as being recidivists; in other words, the current threat is just 4.9%, and as a result, as the Constitution Project explained, “95.1% of detainees transferred during the Obama presidency have not reengaged.”

In the New York Times at the weekend, another more positive take on the reporting about former prisoners took place with the publication of an article about Haji Ghalib (aka Hajji Ghalib), an Afghan former prisoner, who, since his release in 2007, has become a formidable opponent not just of the Taliban, but also of efforts by Isis fighters to make inroads into Afghanistan.

Ghalib, it should be noted, is one of several dozen Afghan prisoners I identified in my research for my bookThe Guantánamo Files as having worked with US forces, but who ended up at Guantánamo because of rivalries with other Afghans, who took advantage of the Americans’ generally woeful intelligence, and their inability or unwillingness to cross-reference information about prisoners, to get their rivals banished to the US prison in Cuba. See the front-page story I wrote for the New York Times with Carlotta Gall, in February 2008, about Abdul Razzaq Hekmati, a heroic opponent of the Taliban, whose appeals for verification of his story were repeatedly ignored. Hekmati died of cancer at Guantánamo in December 2007, but the Bush administration never acknowledged its mistake.

Wow! You win the award for the longest run-on sentence in recorded history. Good job.
And you just proved you're a dumbass...

Congratulations!!!

http://nypost.com/2015/12/10/bin-laden-pal-released-from-gitmo-is-now-an-al-qaeda-leader/
A former Guantanamo detainee who worked for Osama bin Laden has become an al Qaeda leader in Yemen — and is promoting lone-wolf attacks in a new propaganda video released by the terror group.

Ibrahim al-Qosi, a k a Sheik Khubayb al Sudani, encourages “individual jihad” in the video released by al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula and titled “Guardians of Sharia,”according to a translation by the Middle East Media Research Institute.

“And as the US has waged war on us remotely as a solution to minimize its casualties, we have fought it remotely, as well, with individual jihad,” he proclaims.

This marks the first time Qosi — who worked as a cook, driver and bookkeeper for bin Laden — has appeared in a propaganda video since his 2012 release from the Guantanamo Bay detention camp, according to The Long War Journal, a news site that reports on the war on terror.

Qosi was transferred to his native Sudan after his release.

“One of the main reasons the United States was willing to return him to Sudan was the US confidence in the government of Sudan’s program and its confidence that Mr. al-Qosi would not represent any kind of threat to the United States,” his attorney, Paul Reichler, said at the time.

“If they had considered him a threat, they would not have released him.”

In July 2010, Qosi pleaded guilty to conspiring with al Qaeda and providing material support to terrorism. He got a 14-year sentence that was later reduced to two years.

Just a couple of years after his July 2012 release, he joined forces with al Qaeda in the Arab Peninsula and has since become one of its leader

This is a great post, Obiwan.

Why is this implausible?

Why is our military intelligence unable to cross reference information about prisoners?

It would appear that being an American ally, under this Traitor in Chief, is the surest way to self destruction.

Wow! You win the award for the stupidest response to a shockingly powerful post in recorded history. Good job, you little commie fuck.

Wrong.

The initial detentions by the Bush administration were illegal.

The detainees released were neither tried nor convicted of any crimes, including terrorism, the consequence of the Bush Administration's incompetence, where the detainees' release was warranted, having nothing to do with Bergdahl.

Indeed, the president was able to salvage something from the Bush Administration's incompetence by securing the release of an American soldier in exchange for detainees entitled to release because the Bush Administration failed to obtain the evidence needed to charge and try prisoners held illegally in indefinite detention.

If the released detainees do commit an act of terror, the fault lies with Bush, not the president.

They are prisoners of war and were guilty of attempting to kill American troops. End of story.

What about the more than 500 Gitmo prisoners George W. Bush released? Can we try him at the Hague first? More than 500 Guantanamo detainees were released or transferred under Bush

From your source:

Our only quibble with Hoyer is his use of the word "released." That could be interpreted to mean that under Bush, 500-plus detainees left the center and were immediately freed. But the Pentagon says there is a difference between a release and a transfer to another country. The vast majority of detainees leave Gitmo under a transfer, which means they are transported to another country that places them under some type of restrictions. Some are incarcerated in those countries because of criminal charges, while others face monitoring or travel limitations.

Self pwnage is the best pwnage. Gotta read your own source before posting. Having your own source used against you is classic pwnage.

Last edited:
What about the more than 500 Gitmo prisoners George W. Bush released? Can we try him at the Hague first? More than 500 Guantanamo detainees were released or transferred under Bush

From your source:

Our only quibble with Hoyer is his use of the word "released." That could be interpreted to mean that under Bush, 500-plus detainees left the center and were immediately freed. But the Pentagon says there is a difference between a release and a transfer to another country. The vast majority of detainees leave Gitmo under a transfer, which means they are transported to another country that places them under some type of restrictions. Some are incarcerated in those countries because of criminal charges, while others face monitoring or travel limitations.

Self pwnage is the best pwnage. Gotta read your own source before posting. Having your own source used against you is classic pwnage.

Your stupid attempt to change the message is duly noted and laughed at. Those terrorists that Bush "released" and later served a foreign sentence had a recidivism rate of 17.5% which means that 91 of those let go returned to terror, while another 70 were suspected of reengagement. That's a lot of terror while you rail at Obama for just 5. Oh and while I'm thinking about it, the terrorist responsible for the Benghazi attack was one of those released by Condoleeza Rice. You haven't pwned anyone but instead have given people an opportunity to judge your own stupidity and shallow depth of thought.

They were not released moron. Thats the point. They were given to other countries. If THEY released them that's not our fault. OBAMA AND OBAMA ALONE released that guy who is now the leader of AQ in Yemen.

They were not released moron. Thats the point. They were given to other countries. If THEY released them that's not our fault. OBAMA AND OBAMA ALONE released that guy who is now the leader of AQ in Yemen.

Oh stop! if they were let out of Gitmo they were released. Save your Politically Correct logic for someone else, they negotiated with countries that didn't hold up their end of a bargain and terror continued. Same incompetence we've come to know and love from eight years of George W. Bush.

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

18 U.S. Code § 2381 - Treason

Oh stop! if they were let out of Gitmo they were released. Save your Politically Correct logic for someone else, they negotiated with countries that didn't hold up their end of a bargain and terror continued. Same incompetence we've come to know and love from eight years of George W. Bush.

Wrong. And I showed you why you were wrong. Now if you're too stupid or ignorant to understand, thats not my problem.

I will not say that you are stupid, but it wouldn't be a reach to say you've likely been fooled more times than a public welfare worker. If the Pentagon let those terrorists go to countries that didn't honor the agreement to keep them locked up, then that is a failure, plain and simple. George W. Bush should have had a military squad or a drone waiting for those boys to get out, the fact that he didn't is further evidence of a botched and poorly executed plan for the Middle East.

Forum List

Back