o'Keefe busts liberal Battleground Texas breaking laws

Splice and dice O'Keefe?

What's he gaming the Pubs on now?

All someone has to do when watching an edited O'Keefe video is ask the question......Is the question being answered the same as the question we hear on the video

Pimp O'Keefe always has questions in the background. Never where you can see the reporter and subject in the same frame

It works something like this

O'Keefe: Do you like Broccoli?
Reply: No, I hate it, makes me sick

Edited footage
O'Keefe: Do you like America

So you lefties see fraud and deception in O'Keefe, but not in so many other things...like Obama's slush fund policies, AGW, government schools and unions, MSM, D Party, etc....

Why is that?

Could it be you believe as does one of your heroes when he said this...

"All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state."

...well only when a D occupies the WH. Right?

Splice and dice O'Keefe?

What's he gaming the Pubs on now?

All someone has to do when watching an edited O'Keefe video is ask the question......Is the question being answered the same as the question we hear on the video

Pimp O'Keefe always has questions in the background. Never where you can see the reporter and subject in the same frame

It works something like this

O'Keefe: Do you like Broccoli?

Edited footage
O'Keefe: Do you like America

So you lefties see fraud and deception in O'Keefe, but not in so many other things...like Obama's slush fund policies, AGW, government schools and unions, MSM, D Party, etc....

Why is that?

Could it be you believe as does one of your heroes when he said this...

"All within the state, nothing outside the state, nothing against the state."

...well only when a D occupies the WH. Right?

This thread is about O'Keefe

Texas Election Code Section 13.004 - Recording And Disclosure Of Certain Information By Registrar - 2011
t here you go- the actual text of the code
It is very clear that info is for no other use.

(a) The registrar may not transcribe, copy, or otherwise record a telephone number furnished on a registration application.

That law applies to government employees, not volunteers who register people to vote.

Here are the rules for those volunteers: Texas Volunteer Deputy Registrar Guide

Q: May I photocopy a completed application before turning it in to the county voter registrar?

A: No. Section 13.004(c-1) of the Code requires the county voter registrar to ensure that certain information, such as the telephone number, on a registration application is redacted from photocopies of voter registration applications from her office. In our opinion, this means that a photocopy of an application must come directly from the county voter registrar’s office, so that he or she may ensure the required information has been blacked out or otherwise obscured. With that said, we believe that a volunteer deputy registrar may photocopy the receipt. You may also copy the relevant information from the application in writing just as you would be able to do if you went to the registrar’s office and pulled a copy of the original application.

O'Keefe is wrong.

"You should not keep a copy of the completed voter registration application itself because this document contains information that is confidential by law.

....What you cannot do:

Determine if the applicant is actually qualified to register to vote;
Make the applicant provide his/her gender, social security or driver's license number; or
Make the applicant provide his/her telephone number."

Hmmm.

Texas Election Code Section 13.004 - Recording And Disclosure Of Certain Information By Registrar - 2011
t here you go- the actual text of the code
It is very clear that info is for no other use.

(a) The registrar may not transcribe, copy, or otherwise record a telephone number furnished on a registration application.

That law applies to government employees, not volunteers who register people to vote.

Here are the rules for those volunteers: Texas Volunteer Deputy Registrar Guide

Q: May I photocopy a completed application before turning it in to the county voter registrar?

A: No. Section 13.004(c-1) of the Code requires the county voter registrar to ensure that certain information, such as the telephone number, on a registration application is redacted from photocopies of voter registration applications from her office. In our opinion, this means that a photocopy of an application must come directly from the county voter registrar’s office, so that he or she may ensure the required information has been blacked out or otherwise obscured. With that said, we believe that a volunteer deputy registrar may photocopy the receipt. You may also copy the relevant information from the application in writing just as you would be able to do if you went to the registrar’s office and pulled a copy of the original application.

O'Keefe is wrong.

No, you're wrong

"Q: May I photocopy a completed application before turning it in to the county voter registrar?

A: No. Section 13.004(c-1) of the Code requires the county voter registrar to ensure that certain information, such as the telephone number, on a registration application is redacted from photocopies of voter registration applications from her office. In our opinion, this means that a photocopy of an application must come directly from the county voter registrar’s office, so that he or she may ensure the required information has been blacked out or otherwise obscured. With that said, we believe that a volunteer deputy registrar may photocopy the receipt. You may also copy the relevant information from the application in writing just as you would be able to do if you went to the registrar’s office and pulled a copy of the original application."

I guess as long as O'Keefe tells the Right what they want to hear they'll believe him, regardless of his reputation as a liar.

I guess as long as O'Keefe tells the Right what they want to hear they'll believe him, regardless of his reputation as a liar.

When you can prove O'Keefe lied then you may have a point.

But he released the raw video, something Liberals rarely if ever do.

No they wouldnt because it would be redacted. BEFORE it lands in the registrars office they are allowed to copy the info by hand which is what it says.

This aint hard. You were lied too. I even gave you the link

Right. So since they can have the same information as if they went to the registrar's office, and the info at the registrar's office would not contain the telephone number, then they could not copy the information with the telephone number. But the org is in fact copying the telephone number, which is the violation of law.
Is that in any way unclear to you? Do you understand you are mistaken and misread your own post?

No amount of double talk will change the law which states:

Copying the phone number is not against the law. Here is the link. Go find where it says that and get back to me.

Texas Volunteer Deputy Registrar Guide
Holy dog shit!!! Seriously??? You cannot read and so call it "double talk"??? You agree that people cannot copy the information unless it is the same they can get from the registrar's office. You agree if they got it from the registrar's office they could not get the telephone number. And you agree the org is in fact copying the telephone number. And then you claim it is merely double talk???? WTF??
Here is the exact quotation from your own post:
No. Section 13.004(c-1) of the Code requires the county voter registrar to ensure that certain information, such as the telephone number, on a registration application is redacted from photocopies of voter registration applications from her office.

Do you still maintain they are doing nothing wrong?

The volunteer registrars are keeping the names and phone numbers of the people they register.

As I have shown, that is not illegal. At all.

"You may also copy the relevant information from the application in writing just as you would be able to do if you went to the registrar’s office and pulled a copy of the original application."

The original application has the name and phone number of the applicant. Political organizations collect the names and addresses of registered voters all the time, kids. It's entirely legal.

O'keefe is wrong. He committed a further error by quoting from a law which applies to government employees, not the volunteers in his film. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he did this by mistake and not deliberately.

Last edited:
The volunteer registrars are keeping the names and phone numbers of the people they register.

"You may also copy the relevant information from the application in writing just as you would be able to do if you went to the registrar’s office and pulled a copy of the original application."

The original application has the name and phone number of the applicant. Political organizations collect the names and addresses of registered voters all the time, kids. It's entirely legal.

O'keefe is wrong.
How often does this need to be explained before it sinks into your overly thick skull? You cannot copy the phone numbers. Period. When someone goes to the registrar'soffice to get a copy, that information is redacted. This has been quoted extensively.
You are wrong, O'Keefe is right, and liberals are lying scumbags.

O'keefe is wrong.
How often does this need to be explained before it sinks into your overly thick skull? You cannot copy the phone numbers. Period. When someone goes to the registrar'soffice to get a copy, that information is redacted. This has been quoted extensively.

What part of "original application" do you not understand? The word "original" it seems. Original, by definition, is NOT a copy.

They are allowed to write down anything on the original application. Not a copy of the original. The original.

Dumbass.

Perhaps the word "redacted" is unfamiliar to you. It means that information is taken out before it is copied. Go look it up if you dont believe me. But here is the quote:
No. Section 13.004(c-1) of the Code requires the county voter registrar to ensure that certain information, such as the telephone number, on a registration application is redacted from photocopies of voter registration applications from her office

One can copy only the information he would get from the registrar's office, which does NOT include the phone number. But they are keeping the phone numbers.
Which part of that is unclear to you?

What part of "original application" do you not understand? The word "original" it seems. Original, by definition, is NOT a copy.

They are allowed to write down anything on the original application. Not a copy of the original. The original.

Dumbass.

Perhaps the word "redacted" is unfamiliar to you. It means that information is taken out before it is copied. Go look it up if you dont believe me. But here is the quote:
No. Section 13.004(c-1) of the Code requires the county voter registrar to ensure that certain information, such as the telephone number, on a registration application is redacted from photocopies of voter registration applications from her office

One can copy only the information he would get from the registrar's office, which does NOT include the phone number. But they are keeping the phone numbers.

I see you deleted your post. Perhaps you realized you are actually wrong and the rest of us are right. The decent thing would be to apologize for being wrong and calling us all names.

He didn't lie when he claimed to dress as a pimp in his ACORN video?

You kiddin'?

Aside from the heavily edited ACORN vids, in which the raw footage paints a vastly different picture. He also lied to the folks about ACORN about who he was and what he was doing.

O'Keefe was also arrested.

James O'Keefe ARRESTED In Mary Landrieu Phone Scheme, 3 Others Also Charged

All four suspects were charged with entering federal property under false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony, which carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Flanagan is the only suspect from Louisiana. Basel is from Minnesota; O'Keefe, New Jersey; and Dai, the D.C.-Virginia area.

You kiddin'?

Aside from the heavily edited ACORN vids, in which the raw footage paints a vastly different picture. He also lied to the folks about ACORN about who he was and what he was doing.

O'Keefe was also arrested.

James O'Keefe ARRESTED In Mary Landrieu Phone Scheme, 3 Others Also Charged

All four suspects were charged with entering federal property under false pretenses for the purpose of committing a felony, which carries a penalty of up to 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. Flanagan is the only suspect from Louisiana. Basel is from Minnesota; O'Keefe, New Jersey; and Dai, the D.C.-Virginia area.

Nelson Mandela was arrested. Martin Luther King was arrested.

Dumbass.

I see you deleted your post. Perhaps you realized you are actually wrong and the rest of us are right. The decent thing would be to apologize for being wrong and calling us all names.

The decent thing would be to man up and apologize.

O'keefe is wrong. He committed a further error by quoting from a law which applies to government employees, not the volunteers in his film. I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he did this by mistake and not deliberately.

Yeah, if you don't know the law or bother to read the very statutes you site, then yeah, it's legal

It looks like Battleground Texas is going to be investigated by Texas Authorities for violation of election laws...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1aA-kDiEOA]Bexar County Election Board Files Report Against Battleground Texas - YouTube[/ame]

Battleground Texas Activities Draw Questions | The Texas Tribune

While saying it had received no complaint against the Democratic group Battleground Texas, the office of Texas Secretary of State Nandita Berry suggested Wednesday that the group's voter registration practices might rise to a “potential level of offense” of state election law.

:::::::

In the video, an unedited version of which The Texas Tribune reviewed, a Battleground voter registration coordinator is quoted as saying the group takes phone numbers gathered as part of the registration process. She said the phone numbers would be used to call the voters close to election time to urge them to vote.

:::::::

Whether Battleground did anything wrong in the process comes down to how the law is interpreted. Section 13.004 of the Texas Election Code says, in part, that county registration officials may not “transcribe, copy or otherwise record a telephone number furnished on a registration application.”

According to Berry spokesman Jeff Hillery, the "volunteer deputy registrars" who sign up voters for groups like Battleground Texas are subject to the same criminal liability that applies to county officials. A violation of that statute is considered misdemeanor “official misconduct” and is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000, jail time of up to six months or both, the law says. Hillery said phone numbers on voter registration applications are treated as confidential information.

If you read the entire Texas Tribune article, you have to admire the way they did their best to demonize O'Keefe and to divert attention from the crime that has been committed.. Every other paragraph is an attack on him. Yet if you dig through the attacks, you get the meat of the Story.... Unedited video shows BGT people admitting that they are breaking the law.

I do have one question.. The punishment of $1,000 fine and six months in jail..... Is that per occurrence? I hope so. BGT people will be spending years in jail and paying hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines.

Perhaps you "made a mistake" in claiming that volunteers are not governed by the law...

Battleground Texas Activities Draw Questions | The Texas Tribune

According to Berry spokesman Jeff Hillery, the "volunteer deputy registrars" who sign up voters for groups like Battleground Texas are subject to the same criminal liability that applies to county officials. A violation of that statute is considered misdemeanor “official misconduct” and is punishable by a fine of up to $1,000, jail time of up to six months or both, the law says. Hillery said phone numbers on voter registration applications are treated as confidential information.

Forum List

Back