Oklahoma cons ban living wage

According to their charts its about 2.5 out of 5. you can't count the uncertains. Also the whole weighted by confidence thing is a bullshit tactic to get the result you want.

I don't agree about your appraisal of weighting the results for confidence, but okay. Let's just look at the first graph. Not counting the uncertains, that's 47% "agree or strongly agree" vs 11% "disagree or strongly disagree." That's actually a little greater than a 4 to 1 ratio.

You're right that it's 2.5 out of 5. My statement earlier would have been more accurate if I'd added, of those who have taken a position. But my point stands; the collective opinion of actual economists is strongly weighted in favor of the minimum wage.

Only if you ignore people who rightly say they can't predict the effect with enough certainty to warrant changes.

More typical data manipulation from progressives. color me shocked.

...what? I couldn't manipulate this either way. The data is pretty straightforward. I mean, what if we just ranked it?

1) 47% support raising the minimum wage
2) 32% uncertain on raising the minimum wage
3) 11% oppose raising the minimum wage

Even if you put a gun to the head of all those uncertains and told them to make a decision, and they all came down "opposed," that would still be less than the number who support raising it.

I think 47% is quite a bit, enough to warrant some change. George W. Bush was elected on just over 47%. If you still think there's too much uncertainty here, fair enough. But you know who else should be technically "uncertain?" Our governor, who doesn't have near the academic support to justify the confidence in her assertion that raising the minimum wage would hurt Oklahomans. And she definitely doesn't have the academic support to be dictating to our cities what they can and can't do about the issue.

Here's the answer:

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2013 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-off’s/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2013 price structure.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 10 years.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

Forum List

Back