🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Oklahoma state house approves life begins at conception curriculum

So for killing an entity incapable of feeling, thought, consciousness --- all of what is considered essential attributes of humanity --- you would allow the state to put to death a living, breathing, thinking, feeling human being. And you say you are driven by morality and character. Far from it! You are driven by sickness.

So let me get this straight. You wish to use the law to justify the murder of a human baby but not allow me to abide by the laws each state has in place to deal with criminals. Got it. Typical Liberal mindset.
I support the death penalty for crimes that are worthy of it. Aborting a mass of cells without any capability of thought, consciousness, feeling of pain, any mental functionality remotely human does not even deserve a day in jail. Such mass of cells is categorically not a human baby.

You justify it anyway you wish. The fact is that were these women to take a little very affordable precaution and responsibility we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
You realize that birth control fails at times, right?

Never has for me but you continue to make every excuse you can to justify the murders, all of which could be prevented very affordably. It ain't rocket science.
It's not murder. Do you believe the morning after pill is murder? My answer is no because a zygote has no brain at all, therefore no capability of thought or consciousness, no humanity. Consistent with my beliefs on first trimester abortion. So why is or isn't the morning after pill murder?

It is human life, same as a Sperm or egg or stem cell. But it is not a human being. A human being must be capable of thought. A human body with out a human brain is no more human than a mannequin.

Seems you need to be educated by the ne Oklahoma curriculum on fetal development! If taught honestly, students would learn that a first trimester embryo is still a primitive mass of cells without any of the brain functionality necessary to be declared a member of humanity.

Seems you need to get down on your knees and ask for a soul.
If I have no soul, then I have nothing to fear from your murderous God in the afterlife.

Yes this is a God that you worship despite the fact that he (your words here) "murders" millions of "human babies" every year with all his first trimester miscarriages.

Seems to me your murderous God needs to beg the Almighty You to give Him a soul.

You can present your case directly to Him. Be patient.
How would I do that? You said I have no Soul. Hence when I die, that must be it. No meet my maker part and all that.

You will still be flesh and blood when you stand before Him. Don't worry about it, you'll have your platform from which to criticize Him. For a few moments anyway.
I've heard no reports of living humans standing before God. If I have no soul, then what you are claiming is not possible.

When people are dead and buried, their bodies decay into nothing. You are waay out there in LA LA land.

You guys have at it. I've got to go add some water to my pool and clean up the patio.
Yep, no one's going to change anyone's mind on this topic, but I am absolutely correct. And more importantly, abortion is never going to be banned in the way you want it to be in this country. The American people would never stand for it. Roe V. Wade will likely never be overturned.

Are they also teaching that its not OK to end assistance once the child is born? Didn't Oklahoma also discuss getting rid of advanced history classes? I am pro life and believe pro life means for the entire life of the person. This means access to healthcare no matter what the financial means is.

Life does not begin at conception.
As a medical fact it does. At what stage of development is that life worth protecting?
No. Sperm and egg separately are also life. A fertilized egg will divide into many new cells that share it's DNA and it was the first cell to have that DNA.

Life is not a human being until the brain is well developed enough to be capable of thought. Thought is fundamental to being human.
So somewhere around two or three years old is alive and prior to that they are dead.

It is human life, same as a Sperm or egg or stem cell. But it is not a human being. A human being must be capable of thought. A human body with out a human brain is no more human than a mannequin.

Seems you need to be educated by the ne Oklahoma curriculum on fetal development! If taught honestly, students would learn that a first trimester embryo is still a primitive mass of cells without any of the brain functionality necessary to be declared a member of humanity.

If I have no soul, then I have nothing to fear from your murderous God in the afterlife.

Yes this is a God that you worship despite the fact that he (your words here) "murders" millions of "human babies" every year with all his first trimester miscarriages.

Seems to me your murderous God needs to beg the Almighty You to give Him a soul.

How would I do that? You said I have no Soul. Hence when I die, that must be it. No meet my maker part and all that.

You will still be flesh and blood when you stand before Him. Don't worry about it, you'll have your platform from which to criticize Him. For a few moments anyway.

Truth is, belief in Jesus as your personal saviour is all that is required. Justification by faith. How you voted on abortion is irrelevant. Eh?

So let me get this straight. You wish to use the law to justify the murder of a human baby but not allow me to abide by the laws each state has in place to deal with criminals. Got it. Typical Liberal mindset.
I support the death penalty for crimes that are worthy of it. Aborting a mass of cells without any capability of thought, consciousness, feeling of pain, any mental functionality remotely human does not even deserve a day in jail. Such mass of cells is categorically not a human baby.

You justify it anyway you wish. The fact is that were these women to take a little very affordable precaution and responsibility we wouldn't even be having this discussion.
You realize that birth control fails at times, right?

Never has for me but you continue to make every excuse you can to justify the murders, all of which could be prevented very affordably. It ain't rocket science.
It's not murder. Do you believe the morning after pill is murder? My answer is no because a zygote has no brain at all, therefore no capability of thought or consciousness, no humanity. Consistent with my beliefs on first trimester abortion. So why is or isn't the morning after pill murder?

The morning after pill is a no brainer. Outlaw it and eliminate the problem. My wife and I got along without the morning after pill. I used condoms until she got on birth control. It's called PREVENTION; before the fact and not after the fact. You're running all over the place like a little kid asking a thousand stupid questions instead of addressing the prevention and self-responsibility issue. Again, pregnancy is not a disease, it is easily and affordably preventable. Grow up.

Truth is, belief in Jesus as your personal saviour is all that is required. Justification by faith. How you voted on abortion is irrelevant. Eh?

No. It really does matter what you stand for regardless of your false preaching.

I've heard no reports of living humans standing before God. If I have no soul, then what you are claiming is not possible.

When people are dead and buried, their bodies decay into nothing. You are waay out there in LA LA land.

Well, apparently you haven't studied the Bible very much but I am not here to attempt to convert you.

Thou shall not kill!

Apparently there's an asterisk for death penalty guys.

I haven't read the entire thread, but from what I have read from the OP, the links and other scattered & selected posts, this appears to be nothing at all about science being injected into the curriculum, but rather religious teachings and theory to be taught in the classroom. If it becomes law in OK, I would expect a judicial challenge on Amendment I grounds. It's akin to the Creationism thingy and Edwards v. Aguillard (1987), which ruled against a Louisiana law striking down their "creation science" to be taught because it was violative of the establishment clause in Amendment I.

“An amendment added by Coody would prevent any funds from being used for abortion counseling or sex education in schools. House Democratic Leader Scott Inman of Oklahoma City suggested that the bill ignores the root causes of abortions in the state, including poverty and inadequate health care.”

Once again republicans are wrong and democrats are correct.

And once again we see conservatives seeking to increase the size and authority of government in an effort to compel conformity with their errant, wrongheaded, subjective beliefs through force of law.

It is not government's role to dictate to citizens of any age how to believe concerning personal, private issues; rather, students should be encouraged to decide for themselves in accordance with their own good conscience and belief, and to respect the beliefs of others with whom they might disagree.

Instead Oklahoma republicans wish to foster intolerance and arrogance; this measure is being pursued in bad faith – its purpose is to indoctrinate, not educate.

It's not the school's role to teach anything to kids about sex education. Once again, Democrats want the schools doing the job of the parents and have a problem with one side does something along those lines. Oklahoma Republicans expect parents to do their jobs not someone in the public realm. Good job.
Kids talk about sex ed among themselves.You can never stop that..

Are you really saying what kids talk about fits the concept of "education"? No one said they didn't talk. I said it was then parent's job to teach them things that too many expect the school to do.

Thou shall not kill!

It's apparent that you don't know that the word used in the original text of that verse means murder. In many translations today, the word murder is used instead of kill.

Let me guess, you're an atheist that thinks you can explain something to someone from a book you say is what people consider the word of someone you say doesn't exist.

Perhaps the parents could start doing their responsibility as parents instead of letting the school raise their kids. Let he parents teach sex education.
One, they don't, nor are they competent to. Two, In Loco Parentis. Look it up.

One, not my problem. Two, still not the school's job because idiots like you think so. Learn it. Maybe that's part of your problem. You were raised by the schools.

“An amendment added by Coody would prevent any funds from being used for abortion counseling or sex education in schools. House Democratic Leader Scott Inman of Oklahoma City suggested that the bill ignores the root causes of abortions in the state, including poverty and inadequate health care.”

Once again republicans are wrong and democrats are correct.

And once again we see conservatives seeking to increase the size and authority of government in an effort to compel conformity with their errant, wrongheaded, subjective beliefs through force of law.

It is not government's role to dictate to citizens of any age how to believe concerning personal, private issues; rather, students should be encouraged to decide for themselves in accordance with their own good conscience and belief, and to respect the beliefs of others with whom they might disagree.

Instead Oklahoma republicans wish to foster intolerance and arrogance; this measure is being pursued in bad faith – its purpose is to indoctrinate, not educate.

It's not the school's role to teach anything to kids about sex education. Once again, Democrats want the schools doing the job of the parents and have a problem with one side does something along those lines. Oklahoma Republicans expect parents to do their jobs not someone in the public realm. Good job.
Kids talk about sex ed among themselves.You can never stop that..

Are you really saying what kids talk about fits the concept of "education"? No one said they didn't talk. I said it was then parent's job to teach them things that too many expect the school to do.
Yet many parents never touch the subject...

Thou shall not kill!

It's apparent that you don't know that the word used in the original text of that verse means murder. In many translations today, the word murder is used instead of kill.

Let me guess, you're an atheist that thinks you can explain something to someone from a book you say is what people consider the word of someone you say doesn't exist.

No . I only went to parocial school. It was always "thou shall not kill." The "murder" version is just an excuse for pro death penalty monsters .

Thou shall not kill!

No . I only went to parocial school. It was always "thou shall not kill." The "murder" version is just an excuse for pro death penalty monsters .

The murder version is the true translations of the original text. Perhaps they thought you were too stupid to understand it.

Forum List

Back