Oklahoma Will Charge Those Who Install Their Own Solar Panels

Typical maintenance needs for inverters:

1. Clean cooling fans; replace as needed (for units having fans). If no fans, regularly clean heat sinks and ensure no combustible materials have been piled on them. Especially if other people have access to the equipment area.

2. Replace electrolytic capacitors at the end of their service life

3. Monitor voltage, current and frequency and adjust as required according to manufacturer instructions.

4. Regularly check all electrical connections to prevent heating and possible fire hazard.

As to the associated solar panels:

1. Regularly check mounting devices for security (so they don't blow away).

2. Regularly clean glass surfaces, especially where birds are numerous. Wear proper mask to avoid diseases carried in birdshit.

3. Check all electrical connections.

4. As part of #1 above, check that orientation has not shifted; correct as necessary.

5. In season, gently remove snow and ice from the panels. Fun if they're on your roof which, of course, is also subject to snow and ice.

Battery storage:

Regularly check all electrical connections for security (tightness) and corrosion. Monitor rate of charge/discharge and verify capacity. Replace as needed. In the case of wet cell storage (not much common anymore) regularly check level and condition of electrolyte. Correct as necessary.

Solar is excellent in the right application and in the hands of someone who takes the trouble to learn how to use and care for it.

When you maintain systems located where they are absolutely the best game in town for electrical power you'll need an appropriate vehicle like the one I used prior to retiring:

I haven't touched mine in almost two years. Runs like a champ.

Are you one of the idiots who never changes engine oil in your car? Do you ever change the HVAC filter in your house?

Do you get pissed off when your neglect causes early failure?

What engine oil or HVAC filter is in an inverter?

Stop trying to use words you do not understand. Are you actually saying that inverters and batteries NEVER need ANY upkeep? Batteries last forever, then?

Edward Snowden is a traitor.

Dodge noted. Will you respond to what I actually asked you, or will you keep tap-dancing?

Are you actually saying that inverters and batteries NEVER need ANY upkeep? Batteries last forever, then?

Does your CABLE BOX NEED ANY UPKEEP? I have a 25 year warranty, so they last 25 years.

Is there a logical reason why middle income folks support the oil & gas industry so strongly?

Why would they not? For the most part, they are model corporate citizens and quite often they pay good dividends to their shareholders. It's only on the minds of the deranged that these companies are evil....

The better question is : Why are so many Democrats anti-capitalism?

Dodge noted. Will you respond to what I actually asked you, or will you keep tap-dancing?

Are you actually saying that inverters and batteries NEVER need ANY upkeep? Batteries last forever, then?

Does your CABLE BOX NEED ANY UPKEEP? I have a 25 year warranty, so they last 25 years.

I have no cable box. My mother's last 3-4 years, tops. (The new HD boxes suck rocks.)

Again: Are you actually saying that inverters and batteries NEVER need ANY upkeep? Stop tap-dancing and ANSWER THE QUESTION!

It is true that you don't have to maintain inverters and/or batteries.

Especially when you're willing to simply replace them when they fail from neglect and, of course, responsibly dispose of their cold dead carcasses.

The strange thing is that, according to Outback, all their inverters have a 5 year limited warranty.

The strange thing is that, according to Outback, all their inverters have a 5 year limited warranty.

I have a 25 year warranty on the entire system.

Here we have an example of some folks siding with the mega billion dollar energy company over ma and pa middle class homeowner,,,again!
These folks who end up selling power back to grid will pay taxes on their profit, but the energy company supporters want these folks to pay even more for their ingenuity! Ahh, the American Dream, shot down again.

It is true that you don't have to maintain inverters and/or batteries.

Especially when you're willing to simply replace them when they fail from neglect and, of course, responsibly dispose of their cold dead carcasses.

Maybe they fail from neglect in Canada, but here in the good 'ole US that doesn't happen.

Here we have an example of some folks siding with the mega billion dollar energy company over ma and pa middle class homeowner,,,again!
These folks who end up selling power back to grid will pay taxes on their profit, but the energy company supporters want these folks to pay even more for their ingenuity! Ahh, the American Dream, shot down again.

Yes, the diaper crowd at it again!

This whole bragging about neglecting expensive equipment brings to mind thoughts...."of fools and their money".

This whole bragging about neglecting expensive equipment brings to mind thoughts...."of fools and their money".

Aren't you Canadian?

OMG, I guess the Right is desperate to fight solar power. :cuckoo:

Oklahoma Will Charge Customers Who Install Their Own Solar Panels | NationofChange

Oklahoma residents who produce their own energy through solar panels or small wind turbines on their property will now be charged an additional fee, the result of a new bill passed by the state legislature and expected to be signed into law by Gov. Mary Fallin (R).
<more>

Yeah except it has nothing to do with the right. It is about money which is being lost.

Forum List

Back