Oklahoma Will Charge Those Who Install Their Own Solar Panels

Hooray for oklahoma.....a disincentive for going along with the hoax. Solar power is gay anyway........wil always be a fringe source of energy. Provides 0.2% of America's electricity. A joke.

Last edited:
Hooray for oklahoma.....a disincentive for going along with the hoax. Solar power is gay anyway........wil always be a fringe source of energy. Provides 0.2% of America's electricity. A joke.

At present. However it provides up to 20% of an individual home's energy.

Math works best when you use the right numbers.

I have a 25 year warranty on the entire system.

In other words, you paid through the nose for a service contract.

the paperwork i was looking at offered a 2 year warranty

but i suppose anything is possible

That is the same thing I saw, though I did find a mention of a 5 year warranty on the website. The only inverters that have a 25 year warranty are the brand new micro-inverters that are not manufactured by the company he claims to have bought his system from.

Oklahoma, the state that bans pay hikes, paid sick leave and paid vacation.

Negotiable warranties

Been years since I worked in the industry where part of my job was doing responses to bid requests from various level government agencies, notably state universities.

Frequently the specifications included warranties of different length than the company's standard two years parts/labor. Occasionally several times longer. The instructions I was given said to take exception and substitute the standard warranty except on certain products where profit margins were high and established reliability was extremely good. Very low risk in extending such a warranty. Under those circumstances we did not OFFER a longer warranty; simply accepted the proposed terms and conditions, effectively extending the warranty.

It is not impossible that a small company offered a big enough order might go along with something normally unreasonable to get a piece of critical business. It is also not impossible that somebody within the company acted irresponsibly and now can only hope the warranty never needs to be exercised.

Of course a company that knew it would be out of business in a few months (anybody remember any recent history?) would have no trouble at all offering a hundred year warranty. Gee, remember the people who bought GM cars from "the old" GM and what happened to their warranties when GM was nationalized and become Government Motors?

Negotiable warranties

Been years since I worked in the industry where part of my job was doing responses to bid requests from various level government agencies, notably state universities.

Frequently the specifications included warranties of different length than the company's standard two years parts/labor. Occasionally several times longer. The instructions I was given said to take exception and substitute the standard warranty except on certain products where profit margins were high and established reliability was extremely good. Very low risk in extending such a warranty. Under those circumstances we did not OFFER a longer warranty; simply accepted the proposed terms and conditions, effectively extending the warranty.

It is not impossible that a small company offered a big enough order might go along with something normally unreasonable to get a piece of critical business. It is also not impossible that somebody within the company acted irresponsibly and now can only hope the warranty never needs to be exercised.

Of course a company that knew it would be out of business in a few months (anybody remember any recent history?) would have no trouble at all offering a hundred year warranty. Gee, remember the people who bought GM cars from "the old" GM and what happened to their warranties when GM was nationalized and become Government Motors?

So what happened to GM warranties?....This should be good.

Negotiable warranties

It sounds like you offered an extended service contract on high margin contracts and simply called it a warranty to keep the idiots that were buying from you happy.

our-policy-rule-1-the-customer-is-always-right-rule-2-if-the-customer-is-ever-wrong-reread-rule-1-stew-leonard-74144719.jpg

Negotiable warranties

It sounds like you offered an extended service contract on high margin contracts and simply called it a warranty to keep the idiots that were buying from you happy.

I have a 25 year warranty from the company that installed my solar. Nothing extended.

Forum List

Back