Oliver Stone: A Communist/Progressive Democrat Scorned: Disillusioned With Obama...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
"Obama has managed to put together the most intensive surveillance state in the history of the world," the 'Snowden' director told THR while discussing his film at the Toronto Film Festival. "This is pretty frightening when you think about the implications."

Oliver Stone warned against the dangers of global surveillance in a sit-down with The Hollywood Reporter at the Toronto Film Festival.

The Snowden director, speaking about his biopic of famous whistleblower Edward Snowden, spoke about the current state of the country's surveillance system, which says has intensified under the Obama administration.

"I thought Obama was going to be a reformer. He had criticized the surveillance prior," Stone told THR. "Since 2013, I have to tell you it’s gotten a lot more serious because they’ve expanded the surveillance. It's gotten better."

He continued, "Obama has managed to put together the most intensive surveillance state in the history of the world. This is pretty frightening...

More:
Toronto: Oliver Stone Unhappy with Obama and Says Surveillance "In the Hands of the Wrong President, It's Very Dangerous"
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

"DRUDGE REPORT'

lol

The ignorance and stupidity of the right is truly amusing.

Democrats are not ‘communists,’ the notion is as ridiculous as it is wrong.

And what’s sad is that conservatives actually think that anyone would believe their inane lies.

"DRUDGE REPORT'

lol

And what’s sad is that conservatives actually think that anyone would believe their inane lies.

You are a great case study in why euthanasia should be legal.

"DRUDGE REPORT'

lol

Nah, he's a Communist/Progressive Democrat just like you. But unlike you, he still has some integrity left. Obama has dramatically increased surveillance on Citizens. I gotta give Stone some props for calling him out on it.

"Obama has managed to put together the most intensive surveillance state in the history of the world," the 'Snowden' director told THR while discussing his film at the Toronto Film Festival. "This is pretty frightening when you think about the implications."

Oliver Stone warned against the dangers of global surveillance in a sit-down with The Hollywood Reporter at the Toronto Film Festival.

The Snowden director, speaking about his biopic of famous whistleblower Edward Snowden, spoke about the current state of the country's surveillance system, which says has intensified under the Obama administration.

"I thought Obama was going to be a reformer. He had criticized the surveillance prior," Stone told THR. "Since 2013, I have to tell you it’s gotten a lot more serious because they’ve expanded the surveillance. It's gotten better."

He continued, "Obama has managed to put together the most intensive surveillance state in the history of the world. This is pretty frightening...

More:
Toronto: Oliver Stone Unhappy with Obama and Says Surveillance "In the Hands of the Wrong President, It's Very Dangerous"
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

Stone annoys me with his style, but he gives voice to many things I feel.

Obama is not principled. He sees this as necessary and hence has taken us farther down a slippery slope.

No wonder a reactionary candidate like Trump is in play.

I just wish we had a less moronic reactionary candidate.

More:
DRUDGE REPORT 2016®

So what are Oliver Stone's politics? Is he a Communist or a Progressive Democrat? And more to the point, can you explain the difference and what difference it makes?

Also, are you satisfied with th level of government surveillance?

Leftists are usually disappointed with moderate leaders. So are right-wing nutjobs. That's how moderates get elected. Extremists may be noisy and tiresome, but they don't elect presidents.

Forum List

Back