OMG the shame of it.... seriously

Handouts to union cronies and illegals.........................yeah, right. :laughing0301:
What's the matter? Not enough money going to rich elites?
Like Nazi Pelousy's and Chucky Schumer's cronies...........

Congresswoman Debbie Lesko

@RepDLesko

This so-called “COVID-19 relief” bill funds ridiculous pet projects including: • $100 million for Pelosi’s underground tunnel in Silicon Valley • $1.5 million for Senator Schumer’s bridge that connects New York to Canada Outrageous!
10:30 AM · Feb 25, 2021
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref...h-pork-spending/&tweet_id=1364975948039221251

WTF does bailing out failed blue states and Veggie Joe's union cronies have to do with the China Flu?
Because state budgets were affected by the pandemic you idiot. I'd rather bail out working class people than oligarchs. But that's just me.
Sorry....but states like NY and Cali were in major trouble PRIOR to Covid due to their horrible policies. Here for example is Cuomo prior to his grandma killing spree and the Chinese Virus

"

ALBANY – Less than three weeks after he proposed his 2019 state budget, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo on Monday raised red flags over slipping tax revenues and suggested that some popular items in the fiscal plan, including state aid to schools, could face cuts from what he offered in mid-January.
Calling the situation “as serious as a heart attack," the Democratic governor said revenues are $2.3 billion below projections for the fiscal year that ends March 31. That is on top of a $500 million revenue dip from personal income taxes that the Cuomo administration recently projected when it put together a budget plan last month."

Handouts to union cronies and illegals.........................yeah, right. :laughing0301:

@RepDLesko

This so-called “COVID-19 relief” bill funds ridiculous pet projects including: • $100 million for Pelosi’s underground tunnel in Silicon Valley • $1.5 million for Senator Schumer’s bridge that connects New York to Canada Outrageous!
https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1364975948039221251|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://deneenborelli.com/2021/02/biden-proposed-covid-19-stimulus-relief-bill-crammed-with-pork-spending/&tweet_id=1364975948039221251
Bridges and tunnels?

Good lord, you guys are really scraping the bottom of the bucket with scandals. God forbid this country build bridges and tunnels.

@RepDLesko

https://twitter.com/intent/like?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1364975948039221251|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https://deneenborelli.com/2021/02/biden-proposed-covid-19-stimulus-relief-bill-crammed-with-pork-spending/&tweet_id=1364975948039221251
Bridges and tunnels?

Good lord, you guys are really scraping the bottom of the bucket with scandals. God forbid this country build bridges and tunnels.
That would be infrastructure, not China Flu relief, halfwit.

@RepDLesko

Bridges and tunnels?

why was that in a "Covid Relief" bill? What does bridges and tunnels in a high DNC donor area have to do with getting people vaccines?

why was that in a "Covid Relief" bill? What does bridges and tunnels in a high DNC donor area have to do with getting people vaccines?
Agreed, not much. The overwhelming majority of the bill was highly related. Some have said that it was "90%" pork which is no where near the truth.

@RepDLesko

Bridges and tunnels?

BRIDGES AND TUNNELS ARE FOR CHINESE HITLER COMMIES

Agreed, not much. The overwhelming majority of the bill was highly related. Some have said that it was "90%" pork which is no where near the truth.
oh...then you should easily be able to show us that the "overwhelming majority" of the bill was "highly" relatedf

how for example is: $500 million for museums & Native American language preservation. related?

$50 million for “family planning” orgs like Planned Parenthood, how's that related?

$1.5 billion for Amtrak, which still has $1 billion in unspent aid? How's that related?

$1.5 million for a bridge connecting Canada to New York?

Increase SNAP
. Estimated cost: $6 billion

Pay off loans and other programs for minority farmers. Estimated cost: $5 billion

$50 million for environmental justice grants ?

oh...then you should easily be able to show us that the "overwhelming majority" of the bill was "highly" relatedf

how for example is: $500 million for museums & Native American language preservation. related?

$50 million for “family planning” orgs like Planned Parenthood, how's that related?

$1.5 billion for Amtrak, which still has $1 billion in unspent aid? How's that related?

Increase SNAP

Pay off loans and other programs for minority farmers. Estimated cost: $5 billion

1. Not related as far as I can tell.
2. Not related as far as I can tell.
3. Public transport was hit pretty hard because of the pandemic due to decreased ridership. Related.
4. Not related.
5. SNAP provides nutrition to needy families. Obviously that's exacerbated in a pandemic due to economic factors.
6. Not related.
7. Not related.

It was a $1.9 trillion bill. You've identified 1% that isn't related.

Increase SNAP

1. Not related as far as I can tell.
2. Not related as far as I can tell.
3. Public transport was hit pretty hard because of the pandemic due to decreased ridership. Related.
4. Not related.
5. SNAP provides nutrition to needy families. Obviously that's exacerbated in a pandemic due to economic factors.
6. Not related.
7. Not related.

It was a $1.9 trillion bill. You've identified 1% that isn't related.
I was just throwing out some examples....you are the one that made the claim the vast majority was...I asked you to provide that information....still waiting

I was just throwing out some examples....you are the one that made the claim the vast majority was...I asked you to provide that information....still waiting
These examples are not particularly informative given their very small components of the bill.

What's in the $1.9 Trillion House COVID Relief Bill? | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (crfb.org)

Provide $1,400-per-person stimulus checks $422 billion
Extend unemployment programs through August 29 with a $400/week supplement $246 billion
Expand Child Tax Credit, Child Care Tax Credit, and Earned Income Tax Credit mostly for one year$143 billion
Provide grants to multi-employer pension plans and change single-employer pension funding rules$58 billion
Temporarily expand ACA subsidies for two years and subsidize 2020 and 2021 coverage$45 billion
Extend paid sick leave and employee retention credit$14 billion
Subsidize COBRA coverage for laid-off workers*$8 billion

Stimulus checks are obviously related. Unemployment insurance is obviously related. Child income tax credit is obviously related. Grants to pension plans may or may not be, not sure on that one. ACA subsidies is obviously related. Sick leave is obviously related. COBRA is obviously related.

Go through the list yourself. It's not of the final bill but I think pretty close. Few things are there aren't related.

These examples are not particularly informative given their very small components of the bill.

What's in the $1.9 Trillion House COVID Relief Bill? | Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget (crfb.org)

Provide $1,400-per-person stimulus checks$422 billion
Extend unemployment programs through August 29 with a $400/week supplement$246 billion
Expand Child Tax Credit, Child Care Tax Credit, and Earned Income Tax Credit mostly for one year$143 billion
Provide grants to multi-employer pension plans and change single-employer pension funding rules$58 billion
Temporarily expand ACA subsidies for two years and subsidize 2020 and 2021 coverage$45 billion

Stimulus checks are obviously related. Unemployment insurance is obviously related. Child income tax credit is obviously related. Grants to pension plans may or may not be, not sure on that one. ACA subsidies is obviously related. Sick leave is obviously related. COBRA is obviously related.

Go through the list yourself. It's not of the final bill but I think pretty close. Few things are there aren't related.
Even if we give your lefty blog everything they claim is China Flu related, that is still less than half.

You claimed 'VAST MAJORITY'.

Extend unemployment programs through August 29 with a $400/week supplement$246 billion

How is extending Obamacare subs for another two years related to Covid? Do we still expect a pandemic in two years?

How is bailing out pensions related to COVID?

While I support expanding the child tax credit, how is that related to COVID? why did the left object to it back in 2017 when Trump wanted to do it?

and you haven't even come close the the majority of the bill, let alone the vast majority...geez

Even if we give your lefty blog everything they claim is China Flu related, that is still less than half.

You claimed 'VAST MAJORITY'.
You can keep going down the list, I stopped after the first category but the rest speaks for itself. The CRFB is not a lefty blog.

How is extending Obamacare subs for another two years related to Covid? Do we still expect a pandemic in two years?

While I support expanding the child tax credit, how is that related to COVID? why did the left object to it back in 2017 when Trump wanted to do it?

and you haven't even come close the the majority of the bill, let alone the vast majority...geez
Because so many people are out of work and off their regular insurance, subsidies are helpful to continue medical care for those who need it. God forbid we have people not getting medical care for COVID due to lack of insurance.

Child care became incredibly difficult during COVID, especially when day cares were shut down routinely due to outbreaks. The tax credit helps defray some of that cost.

Because so many people are out of work and off their regular insurance, subsidies are helpful to continue medical care for those who need it. God forbid we have people not getting medical care for COVID due to lack of insurance.

Child care became incredibly difficult during COVID, especially when day cares were shut down routinely due to outbreaks. The tax credit helps defray some of that cost.
what does that have to do with expending Obamacare two years in the future if they are out of work today?

Why was child care incredibilty difficult when folks weren't working? Moreover, is that the only reason for the credit? Dems objected to it before...are they just doing this for this one year?

also....I am still waiting on that vast majority..even what you provided doesn't come close

Last edited:

what does that have to do with expending Obamacare two years in the future if they are out of work today?

Why was child care incredibilty difficult when folks weren't working? Moreover, is that the only reason for the credit? Dems objected to it before...are they just doing this for this one year?
People were trying to work, that's what made child care so much more difficult. Ever try working from home with a three year old? It doesn't go so well.

People were trying to work, that's what made child care so much more difficult. Ever try working from home with a three year old? It doesn't go so well.ryin
Trying to work? That means they weren't...and they were in lock downs...so where were they trying to work?

Forum List

Back