🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

On Biden Legislative Agenda: Where Does Senator Kyrsten Sinema "Stand"?

"In front of the elevator" is what she told reporter Garrett Haake who asked her the question - as she stood in front of the elevator. How do you negotiate with someone like that?

I saw the live clips on MSNBC.

You guys just don't get it. Both Sinema and Manchin want to pass the bipartisan bill first, no linkage. After that they can then negotiate a different bill that does not raise taxes on corporations and does not spend 3.5 trillion dollars. And, Manchin has a great point in that both Social Security and Medicare are growing broke and, instead of fixing them, Democrats want to bite off even more that we can't chew. And, he even has another great point in that this 3.5 trillion dollar bill only lasts for a while and then will then be renewed again and again and again, for trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions more in the future.

So, you pass the bipartisan bill, work on fixing both SS and Medicare, and then talk about adding REASONABLE programs without raising corporate tax rates and without spending 3.5 trillion. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what they want. You're just too partisanly blind to see it. There will be NO linkage of bills. If progressives would rather see the bipartisan bill tank then that is on them. They will then be responsible for the blood bath coming in 2022 and when it happens you guys will run around like chickens with your heads cut off screaming, "gerrymandering, gerrymandering, gerrymandering".

Last edited:
No, she's not. She hasn't said no. She's just being obtuse.
The AZ dems are telling her to become a Republican!! Welcome aboard!!
"In a resolution adopted last Saturday, officials noted they would "closely watch" Sinema’s votes on several issues, including the Senate’s upcoming vote on Biden’s $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation. The party said it would give Sinema a vote of "no confidence" if she "continues to delay, disrupt, or votes to gut the Reconciliation Package of its necessary funding."

The AZ dems are telling her to become a Republican!! Welcome aboard!!
"In a resolution adopted last Saturday, officials noted they would "closely watch" Sinema’s votes on several issues, including the Senate’s upcoming vote on Biden’s $3.5 trillion budget reconciliation. The party said it would give Sinema a vote of "no confidence" if she "continues to delay, disrupt, or votes to gut the Reconciliation Package of its necessary funding."
And republicans won't vote for her. That's why e everyone is saying her political career is over.

And republicans won't vote for her. That's why e everyone is saying her political career is over.
If she switches parties she's in. Why should we oppose her? She has her own loyal donors.
We'd then be able to focus 100% on defeating Kelly.

I'm not sure that's true. I've voted for moderate Dems. Governor Jay Nixon (D-Mo) had an anti abortion bill arrive on his desk during his first term.

As you know, curtailing abortion as a form of birth control and protecting the unborn is a priority for the majority of Missourians.

Governor Nixon was a Dem and was pro-choice...but the people who he governed were majority pro-life.

He had options. He could sign the bill making it law... which would have made him a hero to the majority pro-lifer

He could veto it...making him a hero to the pro-choicers.

But there was a third option.

He could do nothing...and in 10 days (or 12 or 14, I can't remember) the bill will become a law without a signature.

And that's what he chose. He bowed to the will of the governed while staying true to his personal convictions.

I voted for him in in the next election. This was 2012...Obama's second term election where Romney won Missouri.

Screenshot_20210930-084419~2.png

Screenshot_20210930-083847~2.png

"In front of the elevator" is what she told reporter Garrett Haake who asked her the question - as she stood in front of the elevator. How do you negotiate with someone like that?

I saw the live clips on MSNBC.

Sadly, she apparently stands with her donors.

Regardless of what her motivations are, she owes it to the country and to the people of Arizona to make her stance clear - and to justify that stance.

Or maybe she's responding to her constituents. You know, actually representing the people that sent her there.

Her constituents strongly disagree with her positions. The last poll put her popularity with Democrats as underwater by 17-65.

West Virginia can't do any better for the Democrats than Manchin, so we're stuck with him. Arizona can do better than Sinema, so she'll be primaried.

She won't turn Republican, she's not crazy enough, so she'd lose big in a Republican primary. Her planned career path has her moving on to a very well-paid lobbying job.

Democrats sent her.

She represents a State, not the commiecrat party. Of course like all commie parties, you demand loyalty to party above all else, no matter what it does to destroy the country.

Her constituents strongly disagree with her positions. The last poll put her popularity with Democrats as underwater by 17-65.

West Virginia can't do any better for the Democrats than Manchin, so we're stuck with him. Arizona can do better than Sinema, so she'll be primaried.

She won't turn Republican, she's not crazy enough, so she'd lose big in a Republican primary. Her planned career path has her moving on to a very well-paid lobbying job.

She represents a State, not a party.

Her constituents approve of her positions, the last poll with both Republicans and Democrats has her over 50%, so statewide she's doing well. Let the dems primary her, that would be terrific. I hope she just switches parties and stops walking the tightrope, or rearranging deck chairs on the democrats' "Titanic".

Democratic Arizona Sen. Kyrsten Sinema holds more than 50% support among Democrats and Republicans in her home state.

Um, no. Most are pro choice.

That is an unscientific online poll...you know...like the kind Ron Paul for president used to win every time...

Here is a scientific poll from last month...

"A new poll from Saint Louis University and YouGov found that the pro-life heartbeat bill signed by Missouri governor Mike Parsons enjoys strong support among Missouri voters."

I do my best to shoot straight on these topics...and this is my state...I pay especially close attention.

Alinsky Rules for Radicals #11 (or #12 depending on the source) "Pick a target, freeze it, isolate it, personalize it and polarize it".

Forum List

Back